Thread: Canadian Broadcast rights for 2010 Games

Rogue Leader

Canadian Broadcast rights for 2010 Games

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/02/07/923369.html

CTV actually gets it for the first time in eons. So, if their announcing staff doesn't change, we'll have Rod Black, Debi Wilkes and Tracy Wilson commentating.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Yes, I heard the announcement today and was disappointed. I would much rather have the CBC coverage, especially for Figure Skating. Not that I mind, Rod, Debbi or Tracy, however, I feel the CBC does the best coverage period and I enjoy Barb Underhill and Paul Martini as commentators. Oh well, money talks....

Lad, considering it's the Olympics and it's in Canada, whoever can afford it gets it. It's certainly all about the money, but I know I'd rather have the station that can most afford to host it, host it. The more money they have to shell out, the more they actually try to make it good ha ha!

As it stands right now I am planning to go to the 2010 game

Anyone know if NBC's contract extends to 2010, I hope not, I'm rooting for CBS to get it ha ha.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Lad, considering it's the Olympics and it's in Canada, whoever can afford it gets it. It's certainly all about the money, but I know I'd rather have the station that can most afford to host it, host it. The more money they have to shell out, the more they actually try to make it good ha ha!

As it stands right now I am planning to go to the 2010 game

Anyone know if NBC's contract extends to 2010, I hope not, I'm rooting for CBS to get it ha ha.

Not necessarily, the CBC always does a great job. CTV seems to have adopted the American idea of splitting coverage with other stations so one has to "station hop" as it were to get all of the coverage. They also don't cover the figure skating as well as they used to either. On the other hand, the CBC shows all of the figure skating. We will see, I suppose when the time comes.

That's great you will be there in person. I wish I could attend, but Whitstler is way too expensive for me!!!!