Four Continents Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Four Continents Entries

JonnyCoop said:
I'm also thinking that T/M are probably going to win Worlds as well. Not because of home ice, but more because of COP. T/M have probably the most flawless technique on just about all maneuvers, and under COP that really racks in the points. Granted, S/Z have much better expression than T/M (and IMO so do about 75% of the rest of the pairs in the world), and more spectacular "tricks" but under COP as I understand it (assuming I do at all :sheesh: ), I don't think that counts for as much.
I think T&M will win because they have improved a great deal. I saw them live in Skate America and was quite impressed - not so much with the Ave Maria but with the LP up until the crash. Also they are using Sher and that is like the Mother of all Russian Music. Joking aside they do a good job with it. I don't think the Chinese themed music will go over as well as Sher. Also it is T&M's home ground. Enough reasons to see them in 1st place. But hey, it's a slippery sport.

Joe

Hikaru

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
I'm also thinking that T/M are probably going to win Worlds as well. Not because of home ice, but more because of COP. T/M have probably the most flawless technique on just about all maneuvers, and under COP that really racks in the points. Granted, S/Z have much better expression than T/M (and IMO so do about 75% of the rest of the pairs in the world), and more spectacular "tricks" but under COP as I understand it (assuming I do at all :sheesh: ), I don't think that counts for as much.

I understand what you said and where your're comming, but I disagree in some points. Too bad that Hongbo has an injury (I hope it is not too serious so that he can recover soon!), because I would have loved to compare Shen and Zhao's performance at 4CC with Totmianina and Marinin's Euro performance. Actually we were talking about this in another thread, that comparing the GPF performance of S/Z with the Euro performance of T/M, in the technical merit they had the same total base value (S/Z had the edge on some elements, with the leves, and so did T/M in other elements), but S/Z got better GoE in their elements, which allowed them to raise their base value in almost 10 points IIRC, and very solid PCS. As for the music, I think is a great selection of the tracks from the soundtrack (I have it and they chose very good cuts); sure Shez is a terrific piece of music, classical and strong, but TSS is also beautiful, modern and allows to show the best of S/Z (It's funny because last year, T/M where the ones with the modern music and S/Z with the classical piece, and this year is backwards!). Whatever happens, I think this is going to be one of the most interesting events at worlds.