Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate!

Banned

Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate!

I happen to love LXG(League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) (2003) Starring; Sean Connery, Shae West, Stuart Townsend etc. Everybody else in my family seems to hate this movie. What movies do YOU love that every else seems to HATE?
    Last edited by Tereza; 02-08-2005 at 02:18 PM.

hmmmmm I don't know

Well, I loved "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond. A lot of critics really panned it, but I really enjoyed it. the soundtrack too.

I can only think of the reverse--movies that many loved but I hated! Such as A Beautiful Mind and The Hours come to the top of my head right away....

Totally agree, Tereza............loved "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Here's a few more to the list of movies I enjoyed and others didn't....

"Waterworld", "Catwoman", "National Treasure", "From Justin to Kelly.....".....42

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    Great thread!!

"Waterworld", "Lake Placid", "Volcano", "Dante's Peak", "The Day After Tomorrow" and any cheezy sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    "National Treasure", "From Justin to Kelly.....".....42
    oh yeah! those! lol

I also liked "The Day After Tomorrow" but that was a pretty popular movie so *shrugs*

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I loved "The Village," but most people hated it. I also liked the remake of "The Stepford Wives," and since the guy who played Dracula makes me swoon, I also loved "Van Helsing."

Custom Title
    Foreign films with subtitles!! 'Love the good ones!!

Recent ones I've enjoyed:
    "Not One Less" from China, "Koyla" from Czechoslovakia, "Infernal Affairs" also from China, "Shall We Dance?" Japanese original ('hated the American version), "Shadow Magic" from China, "Babette's Feast" from Denmark, "Like Water for Chocolate" Mexico, "Joint Security Area" from Korea, "Story of the Weeping Camel" Mongolian/German, "Run, Lola, Run" from Germany...and so many others!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I loved "The Village," but most people hated it. I also liked the remake of "The Stepford Wives," and since the guy who played Dracula makes me swoon, I also loved "Van Helsing."

I also liked the Stepford Wives remake too funny

I didn't "love" the Village, but did enjoy it to a certain extent...I have heard mixed opinions on it.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    One of my favorite movies ever from when I was a little girl is "legend" directed by ridley scott. It stars tom cruise and mia sara. It was a total bomb at the box office, but I looooooooved it. I have recently purchased the dvd, and I can see what the problems with it are now, but I still like it a lot.

Shoe Diva

In a galaxy far far away

Yay! Happy topic!

I loved the Village

Other Movies...
    Fight Club - very smart & actually better than the book... Hmmm...(at least the folks I know...)

Star Wars Prequel... How did you think it was going to start? I so don't understand why everyone was so upset... He was a baby! And if you really pay attention to the story, you can see the natual progression to the "dark side." The only part I have a problem with is how unmanly Samual L. Jackson looked running in his robe during the battle at the collusium. Oh! And R2D2 flying...

Kwanford, where people are upset is NOT in teh story line, but how George went about using computers over everything else. Every shot in these movies is mostly computer. The actors basically were acting in a green screen room. It makes the movie look crappy.

and everyone I know hate's Jar Jar. How annoying can one get?

That being said, while I hate what Lucas is doing with the movies, I will be first in line at the local theatre this May when the final prequil comes out... it looks to be good, story wise.

George Lucas lost teh magic of star wars because he got too interested in graphics... it's not real anymore (not only that but why are they so technologically defieciant AFTER the prequils? wouldn't they advance?) :sheesh:

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Kwanford, where people are upset is NOT in teh story line, but how George went about using computers over everything else. Every shot in these movies is mostly computer. The actors basically were acting in a green screen room. It makes the movie look crappy.

and everyone I know hate's Jar Jar. How annoying can one get?

That being said, while I hate what Lucas is doing with the movies, I will be first in line at the local theatre this May when the final prequil comes out... it looks to be good, story wise.

George Lucas lost teh magic of star wars because he got too interested in graphics... it's not real anymore (not only that but why are they so technologically defieciant AFTER the prequils? wouldn't they advance?) :sheesh:
    Because of the Evil Empire!!! The people of the galaxy lost a lot of their control, money and technology once the Empire swooped down and over ran their governments. Also, the envirnments on most of the planets went south, so the Naboo in Movie 1 is a lot different 20 years later...

Jar Jar was needed because the future Emporior needed a flunky to take the bill about building the droid army.

The first Star Wars was made almost entirely on a movie soundstage with lots of models & blue screens...

Ooops! My inner nerd is coming out... But its cool, I've been having this arguement approximately once every six months since Episode 1 came out... I'm just a sucker for Star Wars!

And I honestly believe that all of the story lines will come together in Episode 3 ~ but like you, I will be first in line!

Kwanford Wife
    "may the force be with you"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast