Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate! | Golden Skate

Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate!

Tereza

Match Penalty
I happen to love LXG(League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) (2003) Starring; Sean Connery, Shae West, Stuart Townsend etc. Everybody else in my family seems to hate this movie. What movies do YOU love that every else seems to HATE?

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I loved "The Jazz Singer" with Neil Diamond. A lot of critics really panned it, but I really enjoyed it. :love: the soundtrack too.

I can only think of the reverse--movies that many loved but I hated! Such as A Beautiful Mind and The Hours come to the top of my head right away....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally agree, Tereza............loved "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Here's a few more to the list of movies I enjoyed and others didn't....

"Waterworld", "Catwoman", "National Treasure", "From Justin to Kelly.....".....42

Figureskates

On the Ice
Great thread!!

"Waterworld", "Lake Placid", "Volcano", "Dante's Peak", "The Day After Tomorrow" and any cheezy sci-fi.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
"National Treasure", "From Justin to Kelly.....".....42

oh yeah! those! lol

I also liked "The Day After Tomorrow" but that was a pretty popular movie so *shrugs*

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I loved "The Village," but most people hated it. I also liked the remake of "The Stepford Wives," and since the guy who played Dracula makes me swoon, I also loved "Van Helsing."

:)

Aloft04

On the Ice
Foreign films with subtitles!! 'Love the good ones!!

Recent ones I've enjoyed:
"Not One Less" from China, "Koyla" from Czechoslovakia, "Infernal Affairs" also from China, "Shall We Dance?" Japanese original ('hated the American version), "Shadow Magic" from China, "Babette's Feast" from Denmark, "Like Water for Chocolate" Mexico, "Joint Security Area" from Korea, "Story of the Weeping Camel" Mongolian/German, "Run, Lola, Run" from Germany...and so many others!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:
I loved "The Village," but most people hated it. I also liked the remake of "The Stepford Wives," and since the guy who played Dracula makes me swoon, I also loved "Van Helsing."

I also liked the Stepford Wives remake :laugh: too funny

I didn't "love" the Village, but did enjoy it to a certain extent...I have heard mixed opinions on it.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
One of my favorite movies ever from when I was a little girl is "legend" directed by ridley scott. It stars tom cruise and mia sara. It was a total bomb at the box office, but I looooooooved it. I have recently purchased the dvd, and I can see what the problems with it are now, but I still like it a lot.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
In a galaxy far far away

Yay! Happy topic!

I loved the Village

Other Movies...
Fight Club - very smart & actually better than the book... Hmmm...(at least the folks I know...)

Star Wars Prequel... How did you think it was going to start? I so don't understand why everyone was so upset... He was a baby! And if you really pay attention to the story, you can see the natual progression to the "dark side." The only part I have a problem with is how unmanly Samual L. Jackson looked running in his robe during the battle at the collusium. Oh! And R2D2 flying...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kwanford, where people are upset is NOT in teh story line, but how George went about using computers over everything else. Every shot in these movies is mostly computer. The actors basically were acting in a green screen room. It makes the movie look crappy.

and everyone I know hate's Jar Jar. How annoying can one get?

That being said, while I hate what Lucas is doing with the movies, I will be first in line at the local theatre this May when the final prequil comes out... it looks to be good, story wise.

George Lucas lost teh magic of star wars because he got too interested in graphics... it's not real anymore (not only that but why are they so technologically defieciant AFTER the prequils? wouldn't they advance?) :sheesh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Kwanford, where people are upset is NOT in teh story line, but how George went about using computers over everything else. Every shot in these movies is mostly computer. The actors basically were acting in a green screen room. It makes the movie look crappy.

and everyone I know hate's Jar Jar. How annoying can one get?

That being said, while I hate what Lucas is doing with the movies, I will be first in line at the local theatre this May when the final prequil comes out... it looks to be good, story wise.

George Lucas lost teh magic of star wars because he got too interested in graphics... it's not real anymore (not only that but why are they so technologically defieciant AFTER the prequils? wouldn't they advance?) :sheesh:

Because of the Evil Empire!!! The people of the galaxy lost a lot of their control, money and technology once the Empire swooped down and over ran their governments. Also, the envirnments on most of the planets went south, so the Naboo in Movie 1 is a lot different 20 years later...

Jar Jar was needed because the future Emporior needed a flunky to take the bill about building the droid army.

The first Star Wars was made almost entirely on a movie soundstage with lots of models & blue screens...

Ooops! My inner nerd is coming out... But its cool, I've been having this arguement approximately once every six months since Episode 1 came out... I'm just a sucker for Star Wars!

And I honestly believe that all of the story lines will come together in Episode 3 ~ but like you, I will be first in line!

Kwanford Wife
"may the force be with you"

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
One of my favorite movies ever from when I was a little girl is "legend" directed by ridley scott. It stars tom cruise and mia sara. It was a total bomb at the box office, but I looooooooved it. I have recently purchased the dvd, and I can see what the problems with it are now, but I still like it a lot.

Legend is the one and only movie starring Tom Cruise that I like. This movie rocks! :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
somehow I don't see the Empire also deciding to have crappy ships :laugh:

and while there were many soundstages and blue screens they used actual things to create the ships... not pixar animation... the star destroyers look so much better than, say, the Queen's ship(s)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
somehow I don't see the Empire also deciding to have crappy ships :laugh:

and while there were many soundstages and blue screens they used actual things to create the ships... not pixar animation... the star destroyers look so much better than, say, the Queen's ship(s)

Yeah, the star destroyers were sweet I will give you that... But the Queen's ship rocked with that whole wet-looking exterior ... Plus, the pixar animation in SW didn't give me a headache like the cartoon movies do, particularily Finding Nemo which gave me a serious migrain.

Who am I fooling? I just love Star Wars: the good, the bad and the Jar Jar!

(Why oh Why can't I figure out how to use the Smilies on this board!)

Kwanford Wife

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Go to User CP
Edit Options
Scroll Down to bottom
there are 3 options: Basic, Standard, and Enhanced.

Which do you have?

If you are using Basic, try switching to Standard or Enhanced. Play around with each one as they have different features.

anya_angie

Final Flight
PrincessLeppard said:

I agree with you about The Village. Unfortunately there weren't enough people with college-level IQs who have seen it. It takes so much analysis it gives me a headache sometimes because of all the metaphors and paradoxes and such.

Last edited: