Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Movies that you Love that everybody else seems to Hate!

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
anya_angie said:
I liked Troy too, but compared to the myth it was very disappointing. On its own though it was good.

I liked Troy too. I don't care what anyone says, Brad Pitt made a pheniminal Achillies. He had the perfect look for it. Of course almost *anything* is going to fall short when compared to one of the greatest epic poems in the history of litterature, so I think we can forgive them for that :) . On its own, it is a great movie.

I'm also a huge fan of the "Highlander" movie series. (Note moves, not TV. The TV show wishes it was 1/4 of what the movies were.) A lot of people did like the original movie, but I continued liking them, right up to and including "Highlander: Endgame" which most fans thought was awful. But I thought it was fun--it was exciting, well written, phenominally acted by everyone, and the fight scenes were the best of the series.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Oh Brad, how could I not have any of them on my list? LOL I just thought it was so long that I should stop!

My favorite of Menken/Ashman would be Beauty and the Beast, naturally!

I love all movies done by Menken, oddly enough. I have not seen Home On The Range yet though.

I don't like any of the Disney sequels though. Except for The Rescuers Down Under, now THAT is how a Disney sequel SHOULD be made.

The makers of Cinderella 2 must have never seen the original. If you've seen both, you know why I say that.

Antilles

Medalist
I loved Troy. Brad Pitt certainly helped. Surprisingly, I liked Surviving Christmas. I thought it was funny. I also really liked The Man Who Cried, with Christina Ricci, Johnny Depp and Cate Blanchett, but no one else I know has even seen it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I refuse to watch a sequel of a movie that does not use the original actors/voices (though Star Wars is different in a way as even if Sir Alec Guennus[sp!] was still alive I don't think he could play a 20 something year old ;))

"Walking Across Egypt" is a movie that I love, and I hate tear jerkers most of the time, but I see little mention of it anywhere... I've only seen the "edited" version. But I love it.

bleuchick

On the Ice
- The Children of God - about the 1970s drug warlords in Brazil
- The Requiem of a Dream - aahhhh....my fav actor Jared ;).
- Alexander the Great....ahhh Jared again :p .
- The Others

Johar

Medalist
The Others was an excellent movie. I had no idea until the end ;) ....(don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it) But I didn start to wonder when her hubby came back and said some of the stuff he said. The scene where they are reunited in the fog...wow!