Movies That You Didn't Like, But Others Did.... | Golden Skate

Movies That You Didn't Like, But Others Did....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Turn about is fair play..............which movies did you "pan", but others raved about..............Here's a few on my list....

"The Bourne Supremacy".........solely for it's irratic camera-work...
"A Beautiful Mind"..........didn't like the storyline and thought the lead was miscast..
"House of Sand and Fog"..........totally depressing subject matter.... 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Titanic.... UGH (and if you want to know why go read my long rant in the Oscar's thread :rofl: )

A Beautiful Mind

Gladiator -- really bad Special Effects, IMHO, and a certain 'hero actor' can't act IMHO

The Star Wars prequils... I love Star Wars, I love Ewan McGreggor, but I hate that every shot is done with computers... Lucas really lost the magic with these crappy movies :mad:

I also hate American Graffiti, but people my dad's age praise it for being a 'classic' and I just don't see why :p

Tereza

Match Penalty
"A Beautiful Mind." , Any new STAR WARS movie... "Passion of Christ." too much for me to handle... maybe I wasn't in the right mood...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason, I just couldn't get into "The English Patient." Same for "Beetlejuice" & "Edward Scissorhands."

I hated the movie version of "La Cage aux Folles," but I loved the staged musical version of it when we caught the show on the national tour.

Last edited:
I couldn't come up with an answer in the other thread about movies you loved but everyone else hated, so I already posted some input on this topic.....

A Beautiful Mind and The Hours, didn't like either....
About Schmidt, what a bore....
The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremecy, couldn't get into either of them, left my hubby to watch them alone...
I guess I'm not recalling some of the others because they bored me so I just can't think of them!

Last edited:

guinevere

Final Flight
As Good As It Gets - how this film garnered nominations - let alone Oscars - for its stars is totally beyond me. Jack Nicholson is hamming it up with the most overwrought Hollywood version of mental illness, and Helen Hunt has zero screen presence. "You make me want to be a better man". Bleah. This movie make me want to vomit!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Turn about is fair play..............which movies did you "pan", but others raved about..............Here's a few on my list....

"The Bourne Supremacy".........solely for it's irratic camera-work...
"A Beautiful Mind"..........didn't like the storyline and thought the lead was miscast..
"House of Sand and Fog"..........totally depressing subject matter.... 42

I totally agree with your list. Although, I did not see the Bourne Supremacy. I did see A Beautiful Mind (really thought this movie was overrated) and House of Sand and Fog (hated it).

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I think Men is Black is the stupidest movie ever made... but everyone else I know thought it was hilarious.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
This could get ugly, but here is my list...

The Shawshank Redemption - One question to all the love ~ why?

The Matrix Part III - Again why? I loved the first one, almost to the point of being a teenage boy about it ~ but this was a total letdown... Like the machines made it so we wouldn't catch on...

Deliverance - outside of dueling banjos, i'd rather watch Oz on HBO

Cape Fear - Or as I call it Cape Stupid.

Finding Nemo - longest 76 minutes of my life

Shakespear in Love - Whatever.

And the winner for dumbest movie ever made.... Shallow Hal... How is this funny?

Kwanford Wife

"look closer" American Beauty aka the best movie EVER!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
BrokenAnkle said:
Forrest Gump. I didn't hate it but I was at a loss to undestand why people went nuts over it.

BA
I think a lot of people enjoyed it because it poked fun at Forrest's mental 'handicap'... he does get into some weird situations, and who doesn't love "Life is like a box of chocolates..." I enjoy it for the humor in history, notice how he is the one who taught Elvis his signature pelvic moves? :laugh: I love the music (but then, it's John Williams so that is a given) and I love Lt. Dan....

there were some scenes that flat didn't need to be in the movie though

also, teh love story is a beautiful one. "Jenny and me was like peas and carrots."

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Hated (and I rarely use that word) The Godfather. Never bothered to watch any of the subsequent ones. Never will.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
A.H.Black said:
Hated (and I rarely use that word) The Godfather. Never bothered to watch any of the subsequent ones. Never will.

Gasp!

This thread is so interesting! Lots of these are my favorites.... but maybe the ones I hate yall love?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Here's another....didn't like "Eyes Wide Shut", even though I like both Kidman and Cruise.......confusing and downright "dumb".....I thought so anyway.....42

Johar

Medalist
The Matrix
The Godfather
Men In Black
Pulp Fiction
The Star Wars prequels
L.A. Confidential
Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
Sweet Home Alabama (I like Reese alot, just didn't care for this flick)

eliza88

On the Ice
The Piano (just creeped me out!)
9 1/2 weeks (yuck! Not sexy, totally slimy!)
The English Patient (actually I didn't hate it, I just didn't think it was as wonderful as every one else seemed to think)
The Matrix (if the husband wasn't enjoying it so much I would have walked out!)

eliza88

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Didn't like "Gone With the Wind".........read the book and knew how it was going to end. Same way with "The Titanic"..........we ALL knew the boat was sinking. Floating dead bodies just doesn't do it for me.................42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think if Cameron had done a better job with the movie Titanic would have been great and not just something 13 year old girls swoon over (though I am proud to say I never did)

I also don't like Gone With The Wind... toooooooo long... too annoying :sheesh:

guinevere

Final Flight
Buffalo 66 and the Hunter S. thompson movie starring Johnny Depp. Both were independent films (which I am partial to) with critical acclaim, and I stopped both of them in the middle. Buffalo 66 was a boring mess, and the camera angles of the Depp film were making me ill.

Toni, I loved Titanic and was , um, far beyond 13 when it came out. I just lurve disaster movies, though. :biggrin:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Pearl Harbor, Uptown Girls, and Coyote Ugly. The latter is the most boring mundane thing.