American Idol Feb. 08/09 | Golden Skate

American Idol Feb. 08/09

Tereza

Match Penalty
What did you think? I am happy that Sarah Mather, Amanda Avila, Mario Vasquez, Constantine Maroulis, and Carrie ????? (my mind is drawing a blank) I am sad that Brianna Davis didn't make it through.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Sad about the girl who pawned her wedding rings. She just choked under the pressure.

I think Brianna has a real future in musical theater. They knew how she sounded when they accepted her, but she totally choked tonight.

Those Malfeta twins annoy the heck out of me. They both have the most obnoxious smirks on their faces all the time. And HEY, DUDES! The boy band sound is PASSE!

There were a few who got by to the next round that I thought were pretty awful, like that 16 year old girl, Mikayla Gordon. She was awful.

How about that girl going home? Well, at least she realized that the music business just isn't for her now rather than later. Frankly, I was surprised she got past this round anyway.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Loved some of the singers that made it to round two......especially young Anthony Federov ( I think that's his last name). His voice is incredible.....42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, I was disappointed that Brianna (Opera girl) bombed out on this round. I think she was really nervous and probably chose the wrong type of song to sing. I was surprised who the judges gave the "green light" to - some of them sounded awful. No one really stood out - to me, at least.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So far, Carrie's the only one who has my vote

though the crooners are always a good bet for a vote or two from me too :rofl:

Even tho I tried to take notes, I still haven't got a real handle on who is who and who I like a lot or dislike a lot....
I wasn't thrilled with Mikayla Gordon.
I did like Anthony Fedorov, David Brown and Anwar ?, as well as Mario Vasquez, and Carrie ?.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Anthony Federov's voice completely blew me away. I suppose that means that he will be cut. I liked, as well, Anwar Robinson, Mario Vasquez, the bald headed guys had good voices & I tho't the 3 Rockers were terrific even tho I don't care for that type of music. For the girls I like: Sarah Mather & Carrie Underwood,

mike79

On the Ice
The Fedorov guy seems like the poor man's Clay Aiken. His story, while interesting, generates sympathy votes that I don't think people deserve. Reminds me of Jim Verraros from season one making it through simply because his parents are deaf.

That Constantine guy needs to go. The other rock guys were better.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like constantine... but I agree the Traech(sp) guy needs to go. he was very flat IMHO

and not to say I told you so, but I predicted Opera girl wouldn't make it!

Johar

Medalist
My Brianna Davis is gone! :cry: I hope she continues with music because I love her voice.

Elizabeth Pah, aka Fishnet Stocking girl, made it in the first round at Hollywood.

mike79

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
I like constantine... but I agree the Traech(sp) guy needs to go. he was very flat IMHO

and not to say I told you so, but I predicted Opera girl wouldn't make it!

She deserved a little better, but she definitely dug her own grave by messing up.