Who will be the last six LADIES to skate their LP? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who will be the last six LADIES to skate their LP?

Tamisita

Spectator
My picks for the last group will be (in no particular order):
Slutskaya
Kwan (duh)
Cohen
Arakawa
Ando
and one of either Phaneuf or Rochette; I don't mean to be pessimistic but I KNOW that at least one of the two of them will have a meltdown in the short program

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kwan
Slutskaya
Suguri
Arakawa
Costner
Cohen

and I believe that is the order in which they will finish.

liberal said:
Fumie make the World team? Perhaps someone should let the Japanese Federation know.
IIRC the Japanese federation said that whoever did the best in Four Continents, among Fumie, Yoshie Onda and Yukina Ota, would be the third team member. Fumie won, Onda was second, Ota withdrew. So I assume that means we will be seeing Fumie. I hope so,:love:

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
That's my assumption too...

Mathman said:
IIRC the Japanese federation said that whoever did the best in Four Continents, among Fumie, Yoshie Onda and Yukina Ota, would be the third team member. Fumie won, Onda was second, Ota withdrew. So I assume that means we will be seeing Fumie. I hope so,:love:

Mathman

....that Fumie is "in." Has anyone seen anything official? I've had the opportunity to see both of their long and short programs through the internet for 4CC. IMO, if Fumie can skate like that at World's, she could be a top 6 contender. While I enjoy watching Onda, I don't thinnk she has the potential to place as high as Fumie assuming they both skate to their potential.

DG

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Suguri was quoted after 4C's as saying that she was happy to be going to Worlds, so I'm guessing she was told.

doug_log said:
The Japanese will be rock solid in the short.
That's a good point Doug. Much depends on the SP to get into the last six for the LP.

In Dortmund it was the SP that got Johnnie Weir from the third group to the second group. He made the lst group because Klimkin withdrew and Sandhu screwed up.

I think too, but I am not sure, one of the Ladies (Sokolova) did a fabulous QR and then bombed in the SP and lost out for the last six.

So let's watch that SP closely. It's important because I believe the last six keeps the judges on their toes.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
But no way SA's SP will fall out top 4, then it comes down to QR which is the LP that SA had the problem all season. But still I would put her in final group instead of Ando.

My final group would be:
Irina, Sasha, Rochette, Arakawa, Sokolova, Kwan.

I'll change my last 6 lady prediction. It was reported in another board that Sokolova was no show on rink for 3 weeks after the European. I'm going to replace Sokolova with Ando. Here is the final pick:

Irina, Sasha, Rochette, Arakawa, Ando, Michelle

in no perticular order.

In this competition, the 'next to last six to skate' is also an impressive group of ladies. Among my 'next to last six to skate', there is Fumie, Susanna, Julia and any of them can grab a spot in the more prestigious group.

It's a hot competition.

Joe

teacher1

Spectator
Last Group:
Michelle
Irina
Sasha
Shizuka
Joannie
Miki

2nd to last:

Fumie
Cynthia
Carolina
Sokolova
Julia
Susanna

2ndmark

Rinkside
Final 6:

Kwan
Cohen
Slutskaya
Rochette
Arakawa
Suguri

Next to last:

Ando
Sokolova
Phaneuf
Liachenko
Poykio
Kirk

I am getting so anxious for it all to begin that I pulled out some old tapes last night and watched the Pairs from Salt Lake. Interesting to see anew the "scandal" after so much time has passed.

Tonight I will watch 2004 Worlds. This may give me additional perspective on this "final 6" thread! (But I would think that Michelle, Sasha, Irina and Shiz were locks on the final 6-- and Joannie has been solid all season and hopefully Fumie gained needed confidence at 4CC.)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Last to skate....
Kwan
Slutskaya
Cohen
Ando
Arakawa
Suguri

Next 6
Rochette*
Poykio*
Sebestyen*
Kostner
Lisashenko*
Kirk

euterpe

Medalist
Final Flight:
Slutskaya
Kwan
Arakawa
Suguri
Cohen
Ando

Penultimate Flight:
Poykio
Rochette
Sebestyen
Liashenko
Sokolova
Kirk

vixen62025

Rinkside
Final Flight - the usual suspects:

Slutskaya
Kwan
Arakawa
Cohen
Ando
Rochette

The ladies in waiting:

Suguri* (potential spoiler for the final flight)
Liashenko*
Poykio* (although she always seems to fall apart at Worlds!)
Sebestyen*
Kostner
Sokolova

Phanuef, I think, will have to overcome her nerves before making top ten at Worlds. Kirk seems to get little respect from international judges, so I expect her to be undermarked even if she skates well, although I do think she will end up higher than her dismal 18th place showing last year.