Who will be the last six MEN to skate their LP? | Golden Skate

Who will be the last six MEN to skate their LP?

Here are a list of hopefuls:

Brian Joubert
Evan Lysacek
Emanuel Sandhu
Jeffrey Buttle
Kevin v.d. Perren
Stefan Lindemann
Takeshi Honda
Evgeni Plushenko
Federick Dambier
Johnny Weir
Timothy Goebel
Chengjian Li
Min Zhang
Ivan Dinev
Andrei Griazev
Stephane Lambiel

A. Pick you six whom you think will be in the last group to skate.

B. Pick another six whom you think will be in the next to last group to skate.

C. From Group B, add an asterisk to make your TOP TEN

D. Your choices may be listed in no particular order.

E. If you want to list those beyond 12 ok.

Not Easy!! - Joe

My Last Six to skate - Plushenko, Joubert, Lambiel, Weir, Goebel, Li

Next to Last Six - Lindemann*, V.D. Perren, Buttle*, Zhang, Griazev*, Lysacek*

Whew! The top six was not that much trouble but the next were and then leaving out some darn good skaters was not easy. But that's the way it is at Worlds.

Joe

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Probably wrong with the Men's too LOL!

Final group: Plush, Joubert, Lindemann, Lambiel, Li, Weir

Next to last group: Lysacek, Sandhu*, Buttle*, Honda*, Goebel*, Griazev

I really hope Timmy ends up in the top 6, but this has been a rough season. Same goes for Sandhu.

This is REALLY hard to do beyond Plush / Joubert! If Weir skates clean he should easily be in the final group, but the podium might be distant if he goes without a quad and the other guys skate well. Hopefully Lindemann and Lambiel will skate better than they did at Euros.

DG

BittyBug

On the Ice
I agree with DG - the only thing I can say with any confidence is that Plushenko and Joubert will be in the final six, but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Sandhu will finally pull it all together, have his Paul Wylie moment, and make it there, too. The rest, I cannot say, but this could be a fantastic competition.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Bitty bug....

BittyBug said:
I agree with DG - the only thing I can say with any confidence is that Plushenko and Joubert will be in the final six, but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Sandhu will finally pull it all together, have his Paul Wylie moment, and make it there, too. The rest, I cannot say, but this could be a fantastic competition.

I SO hope you are right about Sandhu (close ears now, skate gods!). I absolutely LOVE watching him when he is on. As with all the major competitions, I always hope that everyone skates well so we end up with a real exciting nail biter of a competition!

DG

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Hard, hard, hard. :p

OK, I'll give it a shot:

Final group: Plushenko, Weir, Goebel, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu (hopefully with Weir and Goebel in the medals! :biggrin: )

Next six: Lindemann*, Lambiel*, Li*, umm... V d Perren and Lysacek, and, umm....Dambier? (Has Honda done much this year? Wasn't he injured?)

Though I do think, besides Plushenko, it's up for grabs. Johnny has finished above folks with quads before, both under CoP and 6.0 (US Nats). Has Buttle? It is going to be a terrific event!

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I think Sandhu is going to have his Paul Wylie moment at next years worlds.

My final group: Brian Joubert, Jeffrey Buttle, Evgeni Plushenko, Johnny Weir, Stephane Lambiel, Andrei Griazev

2nd to last - Emanuel Sandhu, Kevin v.d. Perren, Stefan Lindemann, Takeshi Honda, Ivan Dinev, Chengjian Li

rain

Record Breaker
Here are my picks to be in the top six:
Evgeni Plushenko, Brian Joubert, Jeffrey Buttle, Johnny Weir, Stephane Lambiel, Stefan Lindemann

Next group:
Emanuel Sandhu*, Timothy Goebel*, Li*, Zhang, Lysacek*, Kevin Van der Parren

Interesting exercise. I found the top six to be harder to predict. Skaters like Sandhu or Goebel are eminently capable of being in that final six.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
My pics are: (not in order)
1. Evgeny Plushenko
2. Jeffrey Buttle
3. Johnny Weir
4. Brian Joubert
5. Timothy Goebel
6. Stephane Lambiel

Wild Card - Emanuel Sandhu

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Last six, no order:

Plushenko
Joubert
Weir
Lambiel
Lindemann
Buttle

Next six, no order:

Li*
Sandhu*
Zhang
Dambier
Griazev*
Goebel*

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Men's Final Flight

Jeff Buttle
Timothy Goebel
Brian Joubert
Stephane Lambiel
Evgeny Plushenko
Johnny Weir

bleuchick

On the Ice
Top 6 Mens - provided the judges go all quads or nothing mentality

EP
BJ
TH
TG
LI
ES

* I expect very mechanical/business-like skates in either the SP or the LP*

the Next Group:

where the arteest are, the music is, the programs and choreography that makes you rewind and rewind the tape

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'll go with Ptichka's pick:

Plushenko -- absolute king now with Yag gone from amature

Then no perticular order:
Weir -- Because Judges like his style. Though I don't perticular like his style but I prefer him better than Buttle.
Buttle -- Judges like him, he got props from Judges all season long so far.
Joubert -- The only top guy who has the consistant quad to compete with Plushen, besides he beaten Plushen in recent European, must count something in Judge's eye.
Lambiel -- My favorate. Just love his skating so natural musicality and dancing ability. I don't care if he is landing any quad or not.
Goebel -- For the sake of being an American. His skating is not my cup of tea, though he improved a lot. But I do like his personality (as a skater he had been openly compliment his competetors, I rarely seen this in top male skaters). And this is his comeback season.

Though I would like to see Li in there, but I doubt he'll make it, he might running out of the gas by the time of worlds come around. The Lindenman could be there too based on his skating ability (huge quad, energitic footwork with deep curves, and very good edge quality and dancing ability), but seems judges don't appreciate his line and posture, (and I don't like his body line either, lol).

doug_log

On the Ice
Every competition is Sandhu's to win or lose. And he'll lose. Honda's always a possibility.

Last six (just because they'll all skate cleanly):
Plushenko
Joubert
Buttle
Weir
Li
Goebel

Second to last:
Sandhu*
Lambiel*
Linde.*
Honda*
Griazev
v.d. Perren

screech

Final Flight
Even though neither of my Canadians have ever been top 6 headed into the LP (though Jeff was 7th...) my predictions/hopes (in no particular order) are

Last Warmup
Evgeni Plushenko
Brian Joubert
Johnny Weir
Chenjiang Li
Emanuel Sandhu
Jeff Buttle

Second Last Warmup
*Tim Goebel
*Stephane Lambiel
*Stefan Lindeman
*Takeshi Honda
Kevin VD Perren
Frederic Dambier

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Plushenko
Joubert
Lambiel
Weir
Lindemann
Goebel

and that is the order in which I think they will place.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Buttle, properbaly will be on podium this worlds.

It was reported that he got his quad back, and his 3A is more consistant than ever.