Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What is happening to Tara Lipinski???

Custom Title

What is happening to Tara Lipinski???

Hi, I would like to know if someone know how is doing Tara Lipinski, we havent see her for quite a while now, at least on tv. I do miss her, she was so good. I a kind of upset with the latest result of the Gold medalists in the ladies department at the Olympics, why??? because we do not see them that much after, like Tara she was there but for a short time and then Sarah Hughes who we almost did not see after and then she's come back... So I would of loved to see them, skate for longer then that. I hope that the news are good about Tara, that maybe she is retired because of the injuries she had in the past with her hips too. So if you know what she is up to... well let me know.

there was a big fluff piece on her during the nationals coverage...

I didn't see it, but from what I hear skating is not an option these days, and she is continuing working on her acting career. It's sad to hear, but at the time she said something about being happier than she's ever been, so I guess it's for the better...

Rinkside
    Tara really hasn't been skating much lately. She has been focusing on her acting career. She lives in LA and recently started shooting the movie "Alpha Dog" in which she has a role.

Custom Title
    That fluff piece during Nationals was an old, old one. It mentioned that Tara was touring in a show, and she's been away from SOI for about 3 years now. It also showed Tara on the set of "Toucned by an Angel", which was filmed more than 3 years ago.

Tara is no longer able to skate professionally. After the Olympics, she toured in Stars on Ice and had to take a leave of absence from the show to have surgery on her hip, which was damaged because of over-practice on the 3L/3L that won her the OGM. Against doctors' advice, Tara returned too quickly to SOI after the surgery, and she developed severe arthritis in that hip. Gradually, the arthritis made it more and more difficult for Tara to perform with SOI, so she prepared for a second career as an actress by taking speech and acting classes.

Unfortunately, Tara doesn't have the same talent for acting that she had for skating. She's gotten a few roles here and there, but nothing at a breakthrough level.

Tripping on the Podium

Tara

If Tara is living in LA does that mean she sold her home in the south? Maybe it was in SC?? I remember the home being featured in one of the skating magazines.

Custom Title
    Tara built a home on Kiawah Island, off the coast of South Carolina. I don't know if she sold it, but I always wondered why she had picked that location. It's nice there in the winter, but in the summer, the temperature and humidity both hover around 100, and there's always the threat of hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Tara built a home on Kiawah Island, off the coast of South Carolina. I don't know if she sold it, but I always wondered why she had picked that location. It's nice there in the winter, but in the summer, the temperature and humidity both hover around 100, and there's always the threat of hurricanes.
    If I remember an interview correctly it was because it was close enough that she could go on her days off of Stars On Ice, and it was on the beach... I could be wrong though

Custom Title
    I was on Kiawah in August one year, at a resort right on the beach. Every day, the temperature soared to 95-100 with humidity right up there with the temperature. If you went on the beach, you had to sit no more than 10 feet from the water to get any breeze. Ugh!

tara still owns her house in SC.

If she's living here, it's news to me. If so, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a major skater who doesn't live out here.

Down With It
    You might want to check her official site or www.tararulz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    You might want to check her official site or www.tararulz.com
    My goodness. Click on any thumbnail at that website, and it inflates to the size of the Goodyear Blimp. I suppose this is useful if one owns a computer that's big enough to print full-sized wall posters. Click HERE if you'd like to spend the evening counting all her freckles. Beware though...At first it's a little disquieting to have a pair of giant squid-sized green eyes filling up your computer screen, staring at you. :o

Tripping on the Podium
    I read that she is on the Feb 28th episode of "Still Standing" and will have a small part in an upcoming movie called Alpha Dogs with Bruce Willis and Sharon Stone.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Tara is no longer able to skate professionally. After the Olympics, she toured in Stars on Ice and had to take a leave of absence from the show to have surgery on her hip, which was damaged because of over-practice on the 3L/3L that won her the OGM. Against doctors' advice, Tara returned too quickly to SOI after the surgery, and she developed severe arthritis in that hip. Gradually, the arthritis made it more and more difficult for Tara to perform with SOI, so she prepared for a second career as an actress by taking speech and acting classes.
    Tara made enough money in the first few years following her Olympic victory to set herself up, financially, for the rest of her life. She turns 23 this June. It is truly a shame that she won't be skating again, as I, for one, would have enjoyed watching her mature as a performer on the ice.

I've seen one of her television acting appearances, and I agree with you that Tara's talent as an actress isn't anywhere near her talent on the ice.

Custom Title

Acting

The only acting performances I've seen were in a Disney movie aimed at kids and in a couple of 7th Heaven episodes. Not exactly Shakesperean, OK? So, methinks the jury is still out as far as whether or not she can act.
    Linny

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast