I Hate Snow! | Golden Skate

I Hate Snow!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's snowing so hard... the prediction is that we'll get 8-18 inches depending on where we live here in Anchorage, which means Kenai will get more (so glad I'm not there right now ha ha)

my house will probably get over a foot of snow by the end of this :p yuck :mad: :sheesh:

I don't like THAT much snow either, Toni. We got dumped on a few weeks back...somewhere near a foot....too much for me! Hubby can't shovel because of his back, had to pay $45 to get our driveway plowed, had to clear a spot on the lawn for my dog to potty in! Give me an inch or so at a time, with time for it to melt before the next snowfall! It's been rather mild here of late in NJ, hope it stays that way!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
snow melts????????? :eek: This I gotta see! :p

seriously though... the storm is worse than they thought and will continue until sometime tomorrow... UGH

so glad I don't have class tomorrow! :yes:

Vash01

Medalist
I feel sorry for you, although you must be used to snow. I used to like snow when I lived in the north, but at times it got old. Now I live where it never snows except in the mountains. So I am very spoiled now, and I would probably avoid living where it snows a lot. I hope things get easier for you.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

I hate the cold white stuff too. The good news, though, winter is half over and spring is coming. Then we'll have rain and mud.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
Toni,

I hate the cold white stuff too. The good news, though, winter is half over and spring is coming. Then we'll have rain and mud.

half over for you maybe... we get snow until mid April sometimes early May!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Toni:

I can appreciate how you feel. I have lived in Prince George as well as Calgary, AB and Edmonton, AB. Snow, snow, snow.

Believe it or not here in Lotus Land, we had a "surprise" snow storm last week!!! The weatherman did not even see it coming. We do not get a lot of snow here, but it has been known to snow in February. Usually it hits on Valentines day. Snow always creates traffic havoc here, because most people are not prepared and do not know how to drive in it. We are much better off with our usual rain - which is what we have today.

Hope your weather improves.

:rock:

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
I think snow is beautiful, for some reason I am really enjoying it this winter. It hasn't really snowed here that much though. I know I am usually tired of it by March though and ready for spring. 8-18" is alot to get in one storm, how did it turn out anyway?

Vash01

Medalist
Tonichelle,

I used to love snow because of its beauty and serenity but after I moved to Arizona, I have not missed it. You really should move to a warmer place (like AZ, for example), at least in winter. It's gorgeous here (40-70 deg.)!

Vash

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Vash... if I wasn't 20, attending college, and poor as a church mouse I might move lol There'd be more chance of seeing skating... but it's cheaper for me to stay in state and go to school... and besides, we get paid to live here. Seriously! Every October we get paid out of oil revenues for being State residents ;) It's awesme :rofl:

Vash01

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Vash... if I wasn't 20, attending college, and poor as a church mouse I might move lol There'd be more chance of seeing skating... but it's cheaper for me to stay in state and go to school... and besides, we get paid to live here. Seriously! Every October we get paid out of oil revenues for being State residents ;) It's awesme :rofl:

Wow! I should consider moving there to get paid! :rofl:

I heard the salaries are pretty high too. It may not make up for the weather though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't know how our salaries compare. My dad made pennies when he worked in sporting goods (post some stupid political decisions that I have ranted plenty about lol) but makes tons now that he's got one of them gov'ment jobs ;)

if I'm not mistaken min. wage up here is $8+... but I could be wrong. In '03 it was $7.90, as that's what I was making an hour and I was min. wage. I am not working right now ( :sheesh: ) so I don't know what the exact rate is... I here some parts of the US it's still at 6 something

Johar

Medalist
I also like snow, just not ice. I can ski and burn off calories, or build a snow fort. Maybe I should move to Alaska. I heard there's also plenty of available men there, too.