Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating.

Banned

Post Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating.

All though all of the skaters are good looking people I think these are the most attractive:

Men:

Alexei Yagudin
    Brian Joubert
    Alexander Abt
    Ilia Kulik
    Gwendal Piezerat
    Massimo Scali
    Gyorgy Elek
    Tomas Verner
    Maxim Shabalin
    Vitali Novikov
    Anton Sikharluidze
    John Kerr
    Maxim Marinin
    Maxim Zazovin
    Rene Lohse
    Ilia Averbukh
    Jian Tong
    Takeshi Honda
    Timothy Goebel
    Benjamin Agosto
    Garret Lucash
    Fabien Bourzat
    Kristoffer Berntsson
    Ryan Jahnke
    Steven Cousins
    Robin Szolchowy

Tripping on the Podium
    It feels like we've had many threads like this before and often it turns into a bashfest of certain skaters but I hope this one doesn't.

For me, it's so difficult to list them based on looks alone because I'm one of the odd one's that is more attracted to charismatic cheeky personalities. So while I find some male skaters handsome there's no attraction because for some odd reason (only known to me) they turn me off, so not sure how to list. OK, listing the most "attractive" men from my own personal preferences and screw the rest even if they are handsomer (rest= the one's not on the list, is not my cup of tea...). Since you didn't really define "attractive", or clearified the rules, it could be the most "interesting person I'd love to get to know", or "physically attractive", or both if lucky, so...

Damn, I'm so strange. I can't even feel any attraction to Brad Pitt, or Orlando Bloom....the prettiest of pretty faces that everyone swoons over. Just pretty faces, no personality = boring. On the other hand I find Johnny Depp utterly attractive because he's quirky and different AND handsome. Another example is Adrien Brody, I'm attracted to him because he's got that charismatic cheeky personality, but is NOT really handsome. Oh well, I don't make much sense I guess...

The list wont be long!

SERGEI GRINKOV - the man was so beautiful in a put-on-piedestal-to-worship kinda way! Just because I adored them together.

Ilia Kulik - his somewhat timid personality is interesting, maybe not so much in a physical way, for me, but attractive nontheless.

Evgeni Plushenko - not handsome (the Adrien Brody syndrome...they even look alike!) but he's soo...interesting and has a charismatic playful personality that is very attractive, so yeah, definitely both here.

Stannick Jeanette - could possibly be swinging the other way, but he's got this voidy personality, that is very interesting and I'd love to get to know.

Ilia Klimkin - The voidest of voidy personalities on and off-ice, so yeah...I'd be in void heaven getting to know him. Wouldn't call him handsome.

Yeah, I know...I am weird!

There's a lot of skaters that are cutsie pies in a want-to-pinch-their-cheeks kinda way but I won't mention them.

But for me being handsome matters for about 4 seconds until I discover for myself if there's anything interesting to read there, if not, I move on.

Give me the Adrien Brody's and Johnny Depp's of skating than the Brad Pitt's anyday! weee, gods I need to go to bed!
    Last edited by Vitacus; 02-11-2005 at 12:24 AM.

There still is an active poll on this topic and from what I've seen, the results are not conclusive. Beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

Joe

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    I'd like to add Peter Tchernyshev to that list as well even though he is "retired...". Who knows how long it might last LOL.

I also think Johnny Weir, Alexander Abt, Anton, Kulik, Joubert, Plushenko (very good in most photographs I have seen), Hungbo Zhao, Todd Eldredge, John Zimmerman, and I also think Josef Sobavcek is handsome.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Lol...

DEFINITELY in the mind of the beholder. This Dirty Old Lady would have the current hots for Matt Savoie if I were younger and singler. I wouldn't have said that a few years ago, but he's developed sort of a "different" hot look which I always liked in my younger singler days.

DG

Custom Title
    I also at one time thought Chris Dean was attractive.

Dick Button ion his day was kind of cute like a kid not handsome.

However the best looking are definitely Ilian Alexei Yagudin, Ilia, Peter T, Maxim S, John Zimmerman and Sasha Abt.
    Last edited by Eeyora; 02-12-2005 at 01:44 AM.

Kurt Browning - I don't know what it is, maybe his personality... his eyes... his smile?
    Scott Hamilton is quite handsome, and was when he was younger as well... yeah he's got huge teeth, but so what he's cute
    John Zimmerman
    David Pelletier -- I have a friend who looks very much like him, facial and build...
    Sergei Grinkov
    Tim Goebel
    Matt Savoie
    Michael Weiss (without the tattoo costume )
    Denis Petukhov - he is so sweet
    Peter Carruthers -- when he's not wearing a pink shirt and a pink/lavendar striped tie... or when he's wearing his glasses

there are others, but I am tired and am gonna go to bed

Go NJ Devils
    The title of the post is handsome, not cute, sweet, attractive, beautiful, adorable, exotic, smouldering, etc. etc., and it also said "in figure skating," not necessarily skaters, so here goes:

Min Zhang
    Brian Joubert
    Maxim Marinin
    Kristoffer Berntsson
    Alexei Urmanov
    Maurizio Margaglio
    Massimo Scali
    Sergei Magerovskij
    Don Laws (now, not back then with the dorky mustache)
    Ingo (He's So Fine) Steuer

Custom Title
    What do you all think of that dance coach, Igor Shpilband?

Banned
    Igor Shpiliband is nice looking, I ain't doubting that! Have you seen Nikolai Morozov?

My vote goes for Peter Tchernyshev; Alexei Yagudin; John Zimmerman; Maxim Staviskiy; also I think Denis Petukov is cute. And of course Phillippe Candeloro is soooo hot!

I totally agree with Toni on her assessment of Kurt Browning!

But to stick to purely most handsome:
    Steven Cousins
    Peter Tchernychev
    Garrett Lucash
    John Zimmerman
    Sergei Grinkov

Custom Title
    Many of the male figure skaters are very good looking, but here are the ones I consider the top tier in terms of looks (not in any particular order)

Peter Tchernychev
    John Zimmerman
    Anton Sikharulidze (he is extremely good looking in person)
    Sergei Grinkov
    Brian Joubert
    Christopher Dean
    Alexander Abt

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Brian Joubert!!!!!

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. I definately want to have his babies. I used to have a thing for illia kulik... but Brian has taken his spot over for sure.

David Pelletier
    Fedor Andreev
    John Zimmerman
    Alexei Yagudin
    Brian Joubert

And sometimes Emmanual Sandhu

Check out Fedor: http://www.theskateblade.com/fedor/
    Last edited by Johar; 02-12-2005 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast