Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Westminster Dog Show

Westminster Dog Show

Who's up for the dog show? It will be televised on USA network on Monday and Tuesday, I think.

They have been running some really cool ads for it (you can see them if you watch Monk -- OT, do you like the new lady who took Sharona's part?).

Anyway, in the ad they show close-ups of all these champions of different breeds with their game faces on, like they're saying, "Bring it!" The last one is an Afghan Hound who looks like, "You want a piece of me?" Then the words come on the screen:

"Fetch it!"

Mathman

I'll be watching and rooting for the pug... I don't care how nice the other dogs look, pugs are always overlooked due to politiks...

this 'sport' is more subjective than Olympic ice dancing

on another note, the agility competition is being shown tonight on Animal planet

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    Here's the url for the The Westminster Kennel Club. The site is loaded with all kinds of information.

I agree Mathman the ads on USA capture the attitude of the doggers to a "T". I loved the Afgan's shaking her head and throwing her hair, I mean ears, over her shoulder.

Apparently again the largest breed entry is the Golden Retriever. I find it strange that since this is the most popular breed in the US that it has not made group winner in recent memory, But then every year I'm rooting for the Irish Wolfhound for group winner. Someday my dreams will come true.

4dk - who is counting down the hours until 7:00 cdst on the 14th.
    And Mathman about the replacement on Monk; I'm of two minds on this, while I miss Bitty Schram the new 'associate' is written as a bit edgy. Perhaps the role will smooth over when the season break takes place.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    I'll be rooting for the bulldog.

Re: the dogs: GO PUG!

Re: Monk: The show stinks without Bitty Schram. WHY, oh why, did she leave? There is no chemistry between Monk and the new chick, and she's not such a great actress either. Also, the whole "dead wife returns in visions" is just a bit too out there for me. Once, okay, I can understand, but the repetition of it I don't care for at all. TOO HEAVY!

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I'll be cheering for any dog but the poodle! Gads. I guess you could say I'm ABP...anyone but poodle.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    My cat Harry is named for my cousin's Tibetan Terrier Harry (who's from show stock but didn't enjoy himself in the ring, so he ended up being the beloved and pampered pet of my cousin instead). The Tibetans are shown in the same group with the poodles, and they are always at a disadvantage against them. Though, to tell the truth, the male Standard Poodles always seem a little embarrassed to be shown in that fou-fou cut. It's as if they're saying to themselves that they can hear the French Bulldogs laughing at them all the way around the ring

Abbey and I will be cheering for the Pembroke Welsh Corgi in the herding group. This is Abbey's favorite dog show because she is named after it...Westminster Abergale ( a town in Wales). Good luck to all of the dogs, their owners, and handlers!

I loved that Newfoundland that won last year. He was soooooooo cute

As usual, I will be rooting for any large breed. Are pitbulls in this show?

Johar - I don't think so... there've been quite a few dog shows lately and none of them have pitbulls...

my guess is since they've gotten a bad rap from people who think it's the breed of dog and not the dog's owner that can make it a killer that they just aren't that popular in the show circuit... I could be wrong though

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by childfreegirl
    I'll be rooting for the bulldog.

yes, yes, me too!

Bulldogs (and childfree life) are very dear to me!

I agree with Johar, Josh the Newf was great. I have to say that Mick the Kerry Blue Terrier is my favorite from the recent years.

apart fromthe bullies I would root for any large dog! (especially those with wrinkles!)

Yana

Hey, I hear rumor that a pug won 3rd place. Anyone know if that's true?

Would you not have awarded the dog below "Best In Show?"

Yuka wants me to get into a photo war with you, but my digi went belly up and I am in the process of uploading the last of my nationals photos, but I will be back

not that Madelyn isn't cute, Yuka just thinks she's the cutest one ever

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Bulldog? Which breed? American? English? Staffordshire? or my favorite, those egg heads, the miniature bull terrier? A bull terrier won the group at the Eukanuba Nat'l championship, shown ad nauseum over the past few weeks on Animal Planet. After repeats, I decided I liked "puppy bowl" better and that was just puppies playing.

As for "pit bull" -- it's been applied to any of the above except maybe my minis. Who really knows what people mean when they say that.

As for me, I'll be taping it as I have for the past few years. I love dog shows! (just had enough of AP showing that particular show -- although they did also manage to replay last year's show too)

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHIO2
    Bulldog? Which breed? American? English? Staffordshire? or my favorite, those egg heads, the miniature bull terrier?
    English. White English if there is one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast