Westminster Dog Show | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Westminster Dog Show

katherine2001

On the Ice
We had a Parson Russell Terrier (I still have trouble getting used to their new title), that had to have a glass of water before bedtime, when we kids were getting our glass of water before we went to bed. Mom would have to put it in a paper cup and hold it for him while he drank it. He had to have it in a cup just like us.

GoldenLady

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Many years ago I had a Kerry Blue who was just part of the family and insisted on attending every party; every stroll outside; being introduced to new people, etc., etc. But the Westminster has never had a Kerry Blue at a top Terriror. :cry:

Joe

Actually, in 2003 a Kerry Blue Terrier did better than winning the Terrier Group: Ch Torums Scarf Michael (a.k.a. "Mick") won Best In Show. :agree: Gorgeous dog, too! :love:

4dogknight

Final Flight
The Golden "Wuz Robbed"! That dog was on, I mean really on.

Oh well, Hounds are next and perhaps this year the Irish Wolfhound will win.

4dk - who has Eleanor right beside her; actually right under the pull out for the computer keyboard and on top of my feet, I guess it's going to rain within the next 12 hours. "E" is asleep and not watching the show; she didn't even wake up when I was jumping up and down when the Golden got pulled out.

GoldenLady

On the Ice
4dogknight said:
The Golden "Wuz Robbed"! That dog was on, I mean really on.

Oh well, Hounds are next and perhaps this year the Irish Wolfhound will win.

4dk - who has Eleanor right beside her; actually right under the pull out for the computer keyboard and on top of my feet, I guess it's going to rain within the next 12 hours. "E" is asleep and not watching the show; she didn't even wake up when I was jumping up and down when the Golden got pulled out.

I haven't seen tonight's judging; being in Canada and not having digital or satellite, I have to wait until tomorrow night to see it. But I'm familiar with that Golden, Austin, and when I saw that he won BOB I was really happy.... Thought he really might have a shot at it. He is stunning - and I'm saying that having (so far) only seen his pictures.

Guess we'll have to wait 'til next year..... *sigh*

JOHIO2

Medalist
Joe,

Not only did "Mick," the Kerry Blue win Westminster. He also won the AKC Eukanuba Invitational and the Crufts show in England. "Mick" is a doggy superstar. Winning Crufts is a very big deal too. Animal Planet has been showing Crufts the past few years and I expect we'll see it again soon. (I forget when it is--March?)

Co-co, the terrier group winner, won the AKC Invit. last year. I was really rooting for her to take Westminster too. But since the bloodhound, who won this year's AKC nat'l last month, didn't win either.........oh well.

Did you all see the story on how many dogs competing had ancestors who'd aleady won? Kerry Blues, Bichons, and my favorite, the Papillons, ("Kirby" who won a few years ago)

Found that all those repeats of the AKC-Eukanuba invitational on Animal Planet meant that I actually recognized both dogs and handlers. Kinda made it more fun!

There was a little article in the paper today, about the cancelation of the hockey season, which mentioned that the national TV ratings for the Dog Show were higher than for last years' Stanley cup playoffs.

To quote P.D. Eastman, Go, Dogs, Go!

MM