Michael Weiss Update | Golden Skate

Michael Weiss Update

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link to an update from Michael Weiss's official website. His schedule for the 2004-2005 season includes appearances with three NBC-television specials, with skating accompanied by live vocal performances by Andrea Bocelli, Kenny Loggins, and Michael McDonald.

There was no mention of the recent US Nationals on the website. It appeared that the news section had not been updated since Nationals. Weiss, of course, is identified as being a three-time US chamipion, two-time World bronze medalist, and three-time Olympic team member.

http://www.michaelweiss.org/performance.shtml

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm confused? This is an update? He really doesn't have much to do considering he placed 5th at nationals, his season is practically over.

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
I'm confused? This is an update? He really doesn't have much to do considering he placed 5th at nationals, his season is practically over.

Well, it's a "update", in that it's the latest and greatest from his website. I agree with you that Michael's competitive season is pretty much over, after his 5th place finish at Nationals and his failure to make the World Team.

However, any program that features Andrea Bocelli is worth watching, in my opinion. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmm normally when they update his site they send out emails to those of us who keep up with teh site. They haven't emailed me since nationals...

the show you're talking about was shown in December.

S

SkateFan4Life

Tonichelle said:
hmmmmmm normally when they update his site they send out emails to those of us who keep up with teh site. They haven't emailed me since nationals...

the show you're talking about was shown in December.

Hmmmmmm. I guess I missed that show. Oh well! :sheesh:

The fact that they haven't e-mailed you, Tonichelle, seems to indicate that they may be trying to put a positive spin on all of this, although, to be perfectly frank, I just don't know how they can write a glowing story on Michael's unfortunate performance at Nationals.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
actually could spin it to make him sound good, because he was good. just not great.

considering he took a hard hit right before he skated, says something because he didn't play zamboni. He fought through. I enjoy his skating...

the reason they haven't emailed me is because they haven't updated the sight for a month. No reason to email the people if there's nothing to report (and anyone who watched the coverage or kept up with yahoo news knows he didn't make the team)v :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks Sylvia! :)

I really liked that entry... and that explains where his kids were. I remember asking a couple of people if they knew if they brought them or not...

I don't think anyone knows what the heck happened when he and Tim collided. I was messing with my camera and all I heard was an arena sized gasp and looked up and Tim was skating and looking back towards a very still Mike Weiss on the ice. It was pretty tense for a minute. A lot of people were unsure if they hit or just skated really close by each other (it wasn't until I saw the ABC coverage that I could tell for sure) Tim went to attempt a quad and fell hard too :( not a good way to start the last flight...

and that football thing was priceless... wish I'd taken a picture or two lol

S

SkateFan4Life

Sylvia said:
Weiss describes his 2005 Nationals experience in his journal (it went up not long after Nationals, as I recall):
http://www.michaelweiss.org/journal.shtml

Thanks for posting this, Sylvia. It seems that Michael is still searching for the answers to his quad jumps, and it's obvious that he intends to continue onward as an eligible skater through next year so that he can try for the Olympic team.

wvgal57

On the Ice
I had not read his journal entry but I'm impressed with his attitude. No excuses at all.

Mike does have determination and grit and I honestly think that he just needs a new choreographer. Seems like Mike lost his musicality, the line and extension that the had pre-wife programs. I used to love his skating, still like his work ethic and his personality.

He seems willing to look at the overall picture of his skating so perhaps he'll take a hint that a new direction (or the old direction in choreography) is where he needs to head.

I didn't know he had a journal so thank you SkateFan and Sylvia. I suppose all skaters have journals. Does MK have one?

I'm glad to read that his intention to go on will bring him to the 06 Olys but I'm happy with the present three probably going.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I didn't know he had a journal so thank you SkateFan and Sylvia. I suppose all skaters have journals. Does MK have one?

I'm glad to read that his intention to go on will bring him to the 06 Olys but I'm happy with the present three probably going.

Joe

she doesn't have one online... if that's what you mean

in fact, she doesn't even have an official website.. I've always wondered why...

Tonichelle said:
she doesn't have one online... if that's what you mean

in fact, she doesn't even have an official website.. I've always wondered why...
We all know that Michelle is not about to keep a record of her triumphs and failures. Her fans and detractors do that for her even if it is not truth. She is personally, just the mysterius one.

Joe

Spinner

Rinkside
Tonichelle said:
She says it's because her fans do a better job of keeping up with her than she could do herself. Or maybe it's as simple as she's humble, doesn't want one or any combination thereof.