Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

SkateFan4Life

Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Here's a link to the journal updates from Sasha Cohen's official website. The latest entry was made on February 13, so it's a "real" update.

I think the tribute she wrote for Angela Nikodinov and her mother, in her write-up on Nationals, was quite lovely.

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman
    Ha, you're kidding right?

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Ha, you're kidding right?

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!

Custom Title
    That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. We love you RdDog!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!
    Wow, I was just expressing a thought...I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers here...

that said,in my opinion she DOES tend to write the same old and go over the top in her comments...

That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. We love you RdDog!
    If you insist, check this one out:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8057

Looks like certain posters apparently MUST label people fans of a skater to make themselves and THEIR favorites look better. Will this never end? Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Then again, it probably is. :sheesh:

Oh yeah, I don't need you to stand up for me, I can stand up for myself...

Custom Title
    Calm down Reddog. I don't understand you're post, but can tell you're mad. I still like you as a fun poster.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossi
    Calm down Reddog. I don't understand you're post
    Alrighty then, I'll break it down for you in simple words. I AM A NON-FAN, MEANING I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY PARTICULAR SKATER, ALRIGHT?

(Sorry to yell, but I'm really tired of this.)

Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for? -- Mathman
    Ha, you're kidding right? -- Red Dog
    Aha! You want her for yourself!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Alrighty then, I'll break it down for you in simple words. I AM A NON-FAN, MEANING I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY PARTICULAR SKATER, ALRIGHT?

(Sorry to yell, but I'm really tired of this.)

Red Dog, please accept my appoligies . On one hand I was upset with you for being negative about Sasha's journal and then I turned around and said negative things to you.

Skating enthusiast

Same old, same old

Actually, for Sasha, "same old, same old..." would be a very good thing---same old training, same old daily run throughs of her programs, same old, same old consistency in training. It's very difficult to train at such a high level so consistently, and that is what will make great competitive performances.

Train, train, train, all to meet in less than 4 weeks in Moscow.

My own opinion about Journals and it is not exclusive to Sasha is that the skaters really have nothing to say. They are much too involved in skating and their families, their coaches, their choreographers, and anything else relating to skating. Not at all about the outside world. And somehow I believe little of what they are saying. It is more than likely, imo, that someone else does the writing and she approves or her family approves.

Sasha and other skaters have a one thing purpose in life at a young age.

Joe

Custom Title
    I don't believe Sasha even writes what you see in her journal. I think it's a product of her PR team.

Custom Title
    Well, joesitz, you can't say that! She adopted a Soldier, went to a birthday party for twins, went to see a couple of movies and her sister visitied. So must be something other than skating that she's doing.

I like reading the journal entries. I think they're in some respects and informative in others. Good for her for doing it whether she writes them or not. We don't know that either. But good on her!

I think skaters, whether it is Sasha, Alexei, Johnny or any other that keeps a journal on their website, I think they do write their own entries. I've read in interviews in the skating magazines, in the case of Sasha (which was the one that had an interview some issues ago) that she sends her entries to the webmaster that updates the site, and they post it. The entry seems normal to me, just to keep the people visiting the site informed on what she has been doing lately. I don't expect to read anything that is more personal on anybody's journal, especially when they are on-line . If we are not to believe what the skater wrote, then who are we to believe? Anyway, it's nice to read what they are up to.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast