Thread: Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Hybrid View

SkateFan4Life

Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Here's a link to the journal updates from Sasha Cohen's official website. The latest entry was made on February 13, so it's a "real" update.

I think the tribute she wrote for Angela Nikodinov and her mother, in her write-up on Nationals, was quite lovely.

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman
    Ha, you're kidding right?

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Ha, you're kidding right?

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!

Custom Title
    That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. We love you RdDog!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!
    Wow, I was just expressing a thought...I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers here...

that said,in my opinion she DOES tend to write the same old and go over the top in her comments...

That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. We love you RdDog!
    If you insist, check this one out:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8057

Looks like certain posters apparently MUST label people fans of a skater to make themselves and THEIR favorites look better. Will this never end? Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Then again, it probably is. :sheesh:

Oh yeah, I don't need you to stand up for me, I can stand up for myself...

Custom Title
    Calm down Reddog. I don't understand you're post, but can tell you're mad. I still like you as a fun poster.

Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for? -- Mathman
    Ha, you're kidding right? -- Red Dog
    Aha! You want her for yourself!

Gezando, oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Now that the thread has come back to the original topic of Sasha's journal, I think the best thing to do is just let Sasha's words speak for themselves, without editorial comment. The first post said:
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    I think the tribute she wrote for Angela Nikodinov and her mother, in her write-up on Nationals, was quite lovely.
    Here it is:

"As you can imagine it was a very different Nationals for a lot of reasons. The sadness of Angela losing her mother the day before competition certainly saddened us all. I was glad to see the moment of silence in honor of Mrs. Nikodinov before the ladies program. Angela attended the ladies finals despite a heavy heart. I hope she could feel the skating community wrapping its arms around her. I am glad to hear Angela say she plans to continue skating. She's always been a great competitor and Angela is a special friend to all skaters and is always very supportive. We are a very tight group of athletes who build lifelong friends with each other and our parents. It's our turn to support Angela and Mr. Nikodinov. Mrs. Nikodinov was a wonderful mother and person and we will all miss her.

"I got my new dresses just in time for the short and long program -- in just three weeks, can you believe it?..."

Mathman

Custom Title
    I like GS because it doesn't have the bashing the other forums do.

Rinkside
    It surprises me that anyone doubts that Sasha writes her journal most of the time. I have always thought that it sounds just like her. Would a PR person point out that twins have the same birthday or make such a big deal about an ice cream flavor of the month or commit so many grammatical errors? I don't think so.

But I do believe that occasionally someone else does contribute. The piece about Angela was very nice, but it doesn't sound like Sasha's writing style to me. I'm not saying she doesn't feel the sentiment (I have no way to know) but that it was just not her usual style.

I read a lot of online journals whether I'm a fan or not. I think they help us know the person behind the skater to some degree. Some are really interesting-Melissa's & Denis's and Johnny Weir's IMO, and some (that will go nameless) I find pretty silly.

Custom Title
    I'm kind of jumping in on the last page here, but I like that most here can agree to dis-agree..

Someone mentioned something about more vocal can make a certain skater seem more popular, when in reality, other the could have just as popular dispite their fans not being as vocal.. I also know a lot of big time skating fans, are not fans of the internet...

Would a PR person point out that twins have the same birthday
    Maybe if they were Jessica Simpson.