Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    It is more than likely, imo, that someone else does the writing and she approves or her family approves.
    May be there should be a little video at the end of each entry saying "I am Sasha Cohen, and I approve this message".

Ice Angel
    Certain entries of Sasha's journal were written by herself while others maybe were wirtten by her parents or her web master. You can see the written styles in different entries are different.

Custom Title
    IMO whether she wrote all the entries or not, anything that is post on her official website is endorsed by her.

Fossi about fans in closets

Quote Originally Posted by realistic51
    Well, joesitz, you can't say that! She adopted a Soldier, went to a birthday party for twins, went to see a couple of movies and her sister visitied. So must be something other than skating that she's doing.

I like reading the journal entries. I think they're in some respects and informative in others. Good for her for doing it whether she writes them or not. We don't know that either. But good on her!
    ATTN: Sashadoras - My writing about Sasha was just because it was the subject of the topic. I don't believe ANY skater with a journal is completely writing entries into a journal without supervision from family and certainly the PR man. Any statement by a real celebrity is also monitored by family and PR man. How could you believe anything else? As for interviews, like the President of the US, it is rehearsed for any possible questions that may come before hand. Certainly, we know what Peter would ask. Sometimes there is a slip up in an interview but never in a journal.

Let Sasha and other skaters do what they want with their journals. One doesn't have to believe the remarks or even bother to read them.

Joe

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    May be there should be a little video at the end of each entry saying "I am Sasha Cohen, and I approve this message".
    You've been watching too many political television commercials, Joe! But then, on the other hand, so have all of us!

Personally, I think Sasha does write her own journal entries. She seems like a poised, articulate, intelligent person, so it's not a stretch of the imagination to see her sitting at a laptop and writing these entries.

Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps her "team" takes care of this task.

Down With It
    One would think she is approving the entry by having it posted on her OFFICIAL website...

ATTN Sashadoras
    What's that supposed to be? A new kind of animal?

Down With It
    Red Dog, please accept my appoligies . On one hand I was upset with you for being negative about Sasha's journal and then I turned around and said negative things to you.
    It's all good...don't worry about it. I was actually directing my angry posts at Fossi though. But that's another thing.

Let Sasha and other skaters do what they want with their journals. One doesn't have to believe the remarks or even bother to read them.
    ITA. Let the fans soak it up; I don't think anyone who is not a Sasha fan will get much meaning out of her journals. (At least, I don't think so. I mean, who else besides an ardent fan of hers would care about what movie she saw, for example?) They are lucky to even have her posting journals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Aha! You want her for yourself!
    Wow, that's laughable Name almost any of the (female) skaters you guys talk about here and I'll take her over Cohen. Someone else can have her

Custom Title
    Reddog,
    Should I beg you not to be mad because I thought Millie was mean to you? You really need to chill out and relax. I don't care who you like. I was teasing you on one hand and trying to tell Millie she was lumping you in a group of haters when you aren't a hater. I think you know that.
    I never pictured you as the uptight kind.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossi
    Reddog,
    Should I beg you not to be mad because I thought Millie was mean to you? You really need to chill out and relax. I don't care who you like. I was teasing you on one hand and trying to tell Millie she was lumping you in a group of haters when you aren't a hater. I think you know that.
    I never pictured you as the uptight kind.
    She apologized, it's all good and all over now. :sheesh:

It just never gets past me how people love to label others as (blank) fans, and insult skaters and fans of certain skaters. Not addressing you in particular. I was just a little fed up, that's all. It's been happening for years now.

Down With It
    Oh, it was NOT JUST YOU. IIRC some people a while back actually used "sasha fan" as a derogatory term, and it has stuck somehow.

Custom Title
    IIRC actually some people used the terms Michelle fans and Sarah fans as derogatory. They spun this pop psychology non sense theory that Michelle and Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with insecurity. They spun the theory that these MK and SH fans were jealous of cheer leaders when they were in high school, and since Sasha Cohen looks like a cheer leader, these MK / SH are rejecting SC. OTOH, they claim that Sasha fans have no issue with insecurity, therefore they do not feel threaten by Sasha's cheer leader like looks. How derogatory is that
    Last edited by gezando; 02-14-2005 at 11:17 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    IIRC actually some people used the terms Michelle fans and Sarah fans as derogatory. They spun this pop psychology non sense theory that Michelle and Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with insecurity. They spun the theory that these MK and SH fans were jealous of cheer leaders when they were in high school, and since Sasha Cohen looks like a cheer leader, these MK / SH are rejecting SC. Now that isderogatory
    I don't recall that happening...while that very well may have happened somewhere, there were also certain Kwan fans (and maybe other fans as well who didn't like Cohen) throwing around the label "Sasha fan" to anyone who didn't worship MK or whom they didn't like or get along with. I know because I got slapped with it once (and still am...? :sheesh: )

Red Dog - You may not have a favorite skater but you are overprotective with Sasha even when things are said in jest. That's ok. I am overprotective of Sarah's perceived underrotated jumps.

Sashadora was bantered around when Kwaniac was the mode for calling those gushy Kwan fans. Not a big deal.

Joe

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Red Dog - You may not have a favorite skater but you are overprotective with Sasha even when things are said in jest.
    Joe
    How so?

I only get defensive re. SC when people call me a fan of hers, 'cause I'm most certainly not. In fact I've more dislike for her than many other skaters (note the difference between dislike and hate). Actually I might respond the same way for many others. I will say she seems to get a bad rep here, and although I agree with a lot of posters with their comments about her, every time I don't agree I'm called a rabid fan. But that's just the way things seem to work, I guess...

I state my opinion on threads; if you see that as being "overprotective" then I don't know...

Custom Title
    Not to make anyone angry but isn't this thread suppose to be about Sasha's journal updates and not about her fans or nonfans?

I for one, don't care if Red Dog is a fan or not. I think you should fight it out in another thread.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast