Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Custom Title
    Figure Skating, In my opinion is starting to become the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) between fans or that it's become so boring that we are fighting with each other verbally. How come in almost every thread, of all the figure skaters in the U.S., Sasha is always the one that gets most of the flack(except Sarah because of her so called weight problem). She can't even write a note in her journal for her fans without being rapped on. Worlds is only a few weeks away, instead of being so negative about the skaters, you should be proud of them representing your country. Sasha is not our enemy, why treat her that way. Good Luck to all the skaters and I wish them well.

Custom Title
    If fans didn't wrangle, there would be no need for discussion boards like this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Figure Skating, In my opinion is starting to become the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) between fans or that it's become so boring that we are fighting with each other verbally. How come in almost every thread, of all the figure skaters in the U.S., Sasha is always the one that gets most of the flack(except Sarah because of her so called weight problem). She can't even write a note in her journal for her fans without being rapped on. Worlds is only a few weeks away, instead of being so negative about the skaters, you should be proud of them representing your country. Sasha is not our enemy, why treat her that way. Good Luck to all the skaters and I wish them well.
    Millie, You are a breath of fresh air.

Custom Title
    Sasha Cohen is the most protected skater in GS. The owner of SCF, and another Cohen forum - general skatingorum is a moderator here. One of the oither moderator is a self newly minted Sasha lover. Then there are uber defender like Millie here I hope millie will breathe some fresh air to clear her imagination a bit

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Sasha Cohen is the most protected skater in GS. The owner of SCF, and another Cohen forum - general skatingorum is a moderator here. One of the oither moderator is a self newly minted Sasha lover. Then there are uber defender like Millie here I hope millie will breathe some fresh air to clear her imagination a bit

gezando---are your fingers so tired of trashing Sasha on GS that you have to start trashing her so called uber fans(by the way I looked uber up in the dictionary and couldn't find a meaning for it). Haven't you every imagined what it would feel like if your so called favourite figure skater evers wins the OGM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    her so called uber fans
    the hat fits, millie wear it

Obviously your fingers are not tired from trashing your least favorite skater
    . Haven't you every imagined what it would feel like if your so called favourite figure skater evers wins the OGM.
    Tara is still my favorite, Sarah is still my favorite, so I don't need to imagine. You are the one who is trash talking about Cohen willj win olys 06. So keep tempting the skategods millie

One of the other moderators is a self newly minted Sasha lover.
    Joe? Toni? Gez, you know my new love can't ever take the place of my first love!

Millie, to look up "uber" you need to look in a German dictionary.

MM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    l: Gez, you know my new love can't ever take the place of my first love!

MM
    MM, I don't care who is your new or first love, my point is that Cohen is the most protected skater here at GS

MM, I don't care who is your new or first love, my point is that Cohen is the most protected skater here at GS
    I think that's true.

Speaking for myself only, and not necessarily for the other moderators, what I generally try to "protect" skaters from on GS is criticism that becomes uninterestingly repetitive. When people start saying the same things over and over whenever a particular skater's name comes up, that gets boring to the other members pretty fast. So, to me, it's time to move on.

Now if anyone has an original criticism of Sasha, that's a whole 'nother thing.

Mathman

Custom Title

Isn't in our human nature to protect those who cannot protect themselves. gezando, you have to be honest with yourself and know that for some reason Sasha is the one that gets most of the negative flack. It is not only the negative remarks but some people are down right mean. Another thing has there ever been a figure skater so perfect, that they have not ever fell throughout their career. They have all fallen, but they get up and go on, without giving up.

Down With It
    I actually agree with millie here. Cohen out of all the skaters seems to get the most flack (sort of like Hughes did in 2002 and 2003). And out of that you will have the "defenders", giving Cohen the so-called "most protective skater" title. I guess that would be true ONLY because she is the most criticized here. (If she wasn't, she wouldn't "need defending"!) Not a bad thing, really.

The dissenters here can try to put me down as a "Cohen fan" because they think I don't share their opinion with how awful she is, or they think I take it too far, but my opinion will not change. I'm in the middle of the road here. Generally, if you are a fanatic, anything less than lavish praise might be perceived to you as bashing. It works both ways, folks...those who don't really like her will see any non-scathing comment as a compliment and label them "Cohen fan". :sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I actually agree with millie here. Cohen out of all the skaters seems to get the most flack (sort of like Hughes did in 2002 and 2003). And out of that you will have the "defenders", giving Cohen the so-called "most protective skater" title. I guess that would be true ONLY because she is the most criticized here. (If she wasn't, she wouldn't "need defending"!) Not a bad thing, really.

The dissenters here can try to put me down as a "Cohen fan" because they think I don't share their opinion with how awful she is, or they think I take it too far, but my opinion will not change. I'm in the middle of the road here. Generally, if you are a fanatic, anything less than lavish praise might be perceived to you as bashing. It works both ways, folks...those who don't really like her will see any non-scathing comment as a compliment and label them "Cohen fan". :sheesh:
    Whoa! I find myself agreeing with millie and Red Dog, all in the same thread ! oh, and also with MM, I think we should avoid the "criticism that becomes uninterestingly repetitive". Right on MM !

Custom Title
    By most protected I mean some some uber Cohen fans smell a Sasha slight at every corner, and this is not SCF. By well protected, I mean one of the mods here is the owner of her message board, you can never convince me that Cohen's interest is not the best protected here. I don't see any other skaters board owners moderating here.

IMO the self appointed defenders are defending imaginery slights

About repetitive: There are a lot of repetitions about other skaters too, grudging about MK's 6.0s, whining about Sarah's OGM, I don't see anyone making a fuss over these old repetitive criticisms. Another thought about repetitive criticism is IMO the skaters tend to repeat the same mistakes, e.g. being over aggressive with no regard of other skaters in practice ice, or falling in competitions / exhibitions or underrotating jumps, or flutzing. How many times have we seen Sarah being nailed repeatedly about the underrotated jumps, her poor posture, and her flutz. Actually Cohen's flutz is bad too, and people have been rather generous about it. So here MM you got something new. Oh but you want original criticism, don't quite understand your criteria for "original" I thought a while back when an uber Cohen fan criticized Jenny Kirk's costume, that was original. I read some fans think Cohen's key hole at the belly button level in her sp dress is tacky, so that qualifies as original? But I think you somehow got it backwards, if the skaters change, e.g. grow some mental toughness, grow some regard towards other skaters in practice ice, fix the posture etc then there won't be any old criticism. So it seems to me, maybe you should be praying to the skategods to help them to get rid of whatever flaws that draw criticism

IMHO Cohen does not catch the most flack, I think Sarah does. Where are the self proclaimed fair and balanced fans? http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...1&page=1&pp=15
    I did not see the four of you protecting Sarah. Maybe b/c Sarah has shown a lot of strength of character, and she is the OGM Sarah certainly is not a fragile china doll for sure
    Last edited by gezando; 02-18-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Custom Title

GS Moderators

GS Moderators do a wonderful job.
    Linny

Quote Originally Posted by Gezando
    I did not see the four of you protecting Sarah.
    Maybe we should have been more active. Joe did post a "cut out the bashing" note on that thread (post #81).

On the Sarah Hughes thread, I took a different tack. I hoped to make the meanies feel ashamed of themselves by posting a quote from Sarah saying that immoderate criticism does hurt. Didn't help much.

Anyway, the only thing that the GS moderators agree on is that we would rather err on the side of free speech than try to control the course of debates.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Linny.

Mathman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast