Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

Custom Title
    I agree with Linny - GS moderators do a great job!

On the moderators...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Anyway, the only thing that the GS moderators agree on is that we would rather err on the side of free speech than try to control the course of debates.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Linny.

Mathman
    I would like to add my kudos to the moderators.

I will add that I am one of those fans of figure skating who is not particularly an "uber fan" or a "non-fan" of anyone. I generally have little to say once the really long gushing OR detracting threads get going. For those folks who have a very strong posture for or against a particular skater, I don't think there is much to say that will change minds. Just my two cents.

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    GS Moderators do a wonderful job.
    Linny
    ITA.

I agree too. I would like to ask what uber means. It seems as if it probably means over the top but still don't know.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    You're right, granny, "uber-fans" are generally over the top and can hear no wrong about their favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    I would like to add my kudos to the moderators.

I will add that I am one of those fans of figure skating who is not particularly an "uber fan" or a "non-fan" of anyone. I generally have little to say once the really long gushing OR detracting threads get going. For those folks who have a very strong posture for or against a particular skater, I don't think there is much to say that will change minds. Just my two cents.

DG
    ITA with you DG, I don't consider myself either an "uber fan" or "non-fan", and I usually try to stay away when the thread gets heat up by those groups. Couldn't have said it better than you

Oh, and I concur with the thought that our moderators do a nice job here. Kudos to them!

Custom Title
    Originally Posted by Gezando
    I did not see the four of you protecting Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    MM's response. Maybe we should have been more active. .

Mathman
    MMM, Mighty MathMan
    My apologies for the misunderstanding

I was not referring to the moderators when I said the four of you, I thought that was obvious b/c there are five moderators here. By four of you I was referring to the 3 - 4 posters who stated that they are fair, not particiular fans of any skaters, or they are neither Cohen uber or non fan
    Last edited by gezando; 02-18-2005 at 04:46 PM.

there's that little gadget known as the "report a thread" if you feel there's been bashing going on.

weither a "sasha fan" is a mod here or not does not mean that Sasha is the most "protected"

I can say that MK is the most loved skater here, but that might not be true. You all are just more vocal than the rest of us (or maybe just me ) seriously though. let's get back on topic

Journals are different for different people. I don't know how it's done with Sasha's site, but with Melissa and Denis they email an entry and we put it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    IMHO Cohen does not catch the most flack, I think Sarah does. Where are the self proclaimed fair and balanced fans? http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...1&page=1&pp=15
    I did not see the four of you protecting Sarah. Maybe b/c Sarah has shown a lot of strength of character, and she is the OGM Sarah certainly is not a fragile china doll for sure
    I will speak formyself and tell you that whenever I say that Sarah doesn't have underrotated jumps, I get bashed, but you are right she and Michael Weiss are the leaders in getting bashed in recent years. I think Michelle Kwan got lots of bashing a few years ago but now she doesn't have a journal or a PR man who continually opens her up to bashing. She's mysterious. Sasha's bashing, imo, is because of her many publicized comments and writings, but in recent times that too has quieted down. In fact there are less bashers in GS now than in the past. There are only a few bashers here now.

Joe

Gezando, oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Now that the thread has come back to the original topic of Sasha's journal, I think the best thing to do is just let Sasha's words speak for themselves, without editorial comment. The first post said:
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    I think the tribute she wrote for Angela Nikodinov and her mother, in her write-up on Nationals, was quite lovely.
    Here it is:

"As you can imagine it was a very different Nationals for a lot of reasons. The sadness of Angela losing her mother the day before competition certainly saddened us all. I was glad to see the moment of silence in honor of Mrs. Nikodinov before the ladies program. Angela attended the ladies finals despite a heavy heart. I hope she could feel the skating community wrapping its arms around her. I am glad to hear Angela say she plans to continue skating. She's always been a great competitor and Angela is a special friend to all skaters and is always very supportive. We are a very tight group of athletes who build lifelong friends with each other and our parents. It's our turn to support Angela and Mr. Nikodinov. Mrs. Nikodinov was a wonderful mother and person and we will all miss her.

"I got my new dresses just in time for the short and long program -- in just three weeks, can you believe it?..."

Mathman

Custom Title
    I like GS because it doesn't have the bashing the other forums do.

Rinkside
    It surprises me that anyone doubts that Sasha writes her journal most of the time. I have always thought that it sounds just like her. Would a PR person point out that twins have the same birthday or make such a big deal about an ice cream flavor of the month or commit so many grammatical errors? I don't think so.

But I do believe that occasionally someone else does contribute. The piece about Angela was very nice, but it doesn't sound like Sasha's writing style to me. I'm not saying she doesn't feel the sentiment (I have no way to know) but that it was just not her usual style.

I read a lot of online journals whether I'm a fan or not. I think they help us know the person behind the skater to some degree. Some are really interesting-Melissa's & Denis's and Johnny Weir's IMO, and some (that will go nameless) I find pretty silly.

Custom Title
    I'm kind of jumping in on the last page here, but I like that most here can agree to dis-agree..

Someone mentioned something about more vocal can make a certain skater seem more popular, when in reality, other the could have just as popular dispite their fans not being as vocal.. I also know a lot of big time skating fans, are not fans of the internet...

Would a PR person point out that twins have the same birthday
    Maybe if they were Jessica Simpson.

Custom Title
    Piel "Would a PR person point out that twins have the same birthday"

Not necessarily, twins can have different birthdays: I know of a set of twins born 24 hours difference, one was born on June 10th and the other was born on June 11th. There are some born at 11:59 and the other 12:01, thats different birthdays. There are twins that have been born days apart. So Piel, you and Jessica Simpson got something in common. Probably Jessica knows that information anyway because according to reports she has a very high IQ. Do you always have to be so negative and pick at comments so trivial?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast