Sasha's fans and nonfans | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha's fans and nonfans

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
most of the people don't like her are people that are jealous of her

That's it! We are sooo envious of Sasha. Not everyone can manage to fall down at least once every four minutes. And then there are those of us who would kill for that bust.

millie

Medalist
Linny said:
Surely you jest. :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Linny

Linny, If the hat fits, wear it!!!!!
Piel, If the hat fits, wear it also!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wondered when the bashing would start on Sasha again.

Last edited:
I do not know Sasha well enough to have an opinion about her personality. I know that she has made a lot of good friends on the skating circuit, such as Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Angela Nikodinov, Tanith Belbin , Ben Agosto and many more. She has donated her time and made personal appearances on behalf of charitable causes. She seems to enjoy working with children, and children are thrilled to meet her.

I agree with a previous poster (sorry, I can't seem to find the post right now) who drew attention to the fact that 21 is a hard age to be. OK, any age is hard. But I think some of the criticism that has been directed at Sasha, such as how the coaching changes were handled, are a reflection of a young adult going through the painful process of taking more and more control over her own life, becoming more decisive, and then accepting responsibility for the consequences of those decisions. Michelle endured similar criticism when she separated from her long time coach and choreographer, with no more explanation than a somewhat confused "I need to take more control of my skating and my life."

About Sasha's skating, she might be the next Olympic champion. Or not. In the latter case, I think she will be remembered with great fondness, maybe like Janet Lynn, as a beautiful athlete who brought her own style to the sport.

Mathman

bdreampixie

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I do not know Sasha well enough to have an opinion about her personality. I know that she has made a lot of good friends on the skating circuit, such as Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Angela Nikodinov, Tanith Belbin , Ben Agosto and many more.

Hmm, I've heard that Sasha has not treated Angela very well in the past, and Angela is not too fond of SC because of that. So I doubt they're friends. I agree with the rest of your post. Nicely stated Mathman.

Millie, no one is jealous of Sasha. Some people like her skating, others don't. It's that simple. We can't like every skater we see.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I like Sasha's skating but it is her attitude that throws me off. I think her extension is incredible and she is a tremendous talent. I am an MK fan because of the emotion she shows on the ice. I guess the best way to say it is I have not warmed up to her.

By the way I also heard she used to give Angela a hard time.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
mzheng said:
You can be mean to MK at MKF, you might get some flames from the posters there or worst to worst your thread being closed, but you weren't get banned.

:rofl: Thanks for the laugh, mzheng! :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, millie, I've met Sasha. Actually I like her as a person. She's pretty nice. I didn't like her skating much until she skated with TT as a coach and I saw something different. Then she went to Robin and now back to John Nicks. I'm not jealous of her in any way. I wish she'd pull it altogether and have a great skate at Worlds. I just think she has a mind block to those LPs.

When she's on the ice, she's like beautiful bud trying to transform into a beautiful flower, eventually the bud opens and their she is.

Unfortunately for her, her LPs may try to open into a flower, but then she makes mistakes. And to me, that's her mind block. But I always enjoy watching her skate. Some moves I can't stand but that's true of any figure skater I watch. Like Irina and her over Biellman program. Other than that, I really like to watch Irina.

Linny

Final Flight
Jest - clarification

Just a clarification on my previous "surely you jest" statement.

I'm not jealous of ANY skater. What's to envy? Getting up early to work out, falling on cold, hard ice repeatedly in pursuit of perfection? Enduring endless speculation about your every decision? Getting snarked out for even minor weight gain?

They can keep it. I'd so much rather be the snarker than the snarkee.

Linny'

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Please.

millie said:
Linny, If the hat fits, wear it!!!!!
Piel, If the hat fits, wear it also!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Millie. Girl. Please. No one is bashing your poor defensless Sasha. Just responding to the original question. I bet you're a closet non-fan who is amused by drama... because you are so quick to start trouble & then claim bashing...

Hmmm... if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck...

Whatever. :disapp:

KW

Crazycat

Spectator
I am not a fan of Sasha. There is just something that I don't like about her. I don't know if it is her skating, her personality or both. She just leaves me as cold as the ice that she skates on. :cool:

millie said:
You tell em, millie. However the thread was started by a Sasha fan, I believe who should have known it would get 175 pages of back and forth discussion but so be it. It's a no win thread on either side, and that's not surprising.

Joe

wvgal57

On the Ice
I'm a Sasha fan! I think her skating is sublime especially in her short programs. Malaguena was IMO the best short program ever put out and while I hate recycled programs, I would love to see her revisit it for Turino!

I sort of expect a marred freeskate from her now and I can take it. I enjoy what she brings to the ice. Her talent is recognized worldwide and I think the pressure to skate perfect freeskates is acutally lessening for her. I'm getting this sense that the judges know she may not skate clean but what she puts out is just otherwise so good that they won't feel overwhelmed to mark her well for what she does do. I can see the whole "clean skate" nemisis turning to her benefit.

She'll garner some gold medals along the way. I think she's quite competitve under COP even with falls. With jump consistency on the competition ice the girl would be unstoppable.

euterpe

Medalist
Very recently, Sasha mentioned in an interview that she is not friends with any of her competitors (read 'female skaters'), so I was taken aback by Sasha's claim to be friends with Angela. When Sasha speaks of her friends, she's most often talking about Tim and Johnny.

I remember 2002 Nationals when the final group was getting ready to go out on the ice, and Sasha, tiny as she was then, literally shoved Sarah and Angela out of her way in her hurry to get there first. I know she wants to win, but it's almost as if the other skaters, her competitors, don't even appear on her radar.

millie

Medalist
Kwanford Wife said:
Millie. Girl. Please. No one is bashing your poor defensless Sasha. Just responding to the original question. I bet you're a closet non-fan who is amused by drama... because you are so quick to start trouble & then claim bashing...

Hmmm... if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck...

Whatever. :disapp:

KW

Kwanford Wife from a Desperate Housewife, are you so tired of bashing Sasha that you have to start bashing her fans. Get a Grip!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

millie

Medalist
Grgranny said:
Does Grgranny have to start looking for her wet noodle again?

Sorry Grgranny, I will start behaving myself, I won't let them get to me anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Courtneysk8s

Match Penalty
Piel said:
That's it! We are sooo envious of Sasha. Not everyone can manage to fall down at least once every four minutes. And then there are those of us who would kill for that bust.

LOL!!!!!!!! I think I just found a new siggy, if its okay with you! :rock: :rofl: :biggrin:

gezando

Final Flight
Reddog if you are reading this thread here it is. I told you that some uber Sasha fans are always fantasizing about fans of other skaters being jealous of Sasha. They used to say Sarah and Mk fans are over weight middle age women who have issue with the cheer leaders in high school. These uber Sashafans spun a ridiculous theory that since these over wt middle age fans have issues with the cheer leaders from high school they resent Sasha b/c she looks like a cheer leader. You said you haven't seen these ridiculous uber fans post. So here is one for you. :rofl:

millie said:
Sasha is one of the most beautiful skaters that the U.S. has had in years. I think that most of the people don't like her are people that are jealous of her.

Last edited: