Sasha's fans and nonfans | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sasha's fans and nonfans

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
I know that she has made a lot of good friends on the skating circuit, such as , Angela Nikodinov,

Thanks for the :rofl: MM. You know Cohen considers Nikodinov a good friend b/c? Same high power math reasoning you applied when you told us that Cohen is the "prom queen" just b/c you saw her in a prom dress? Anyways, I guess Fumie must not be in the list of good friends, since her achievement of bronze medal in 2003 worlds was being dissed by the 4th place finisher in the official website as good luck with the qualifying round draw. ;)
I am sure Nikodinov who enjoys the good friend status is excluded from the broad stroke put down from Cohen re: "other skater's programs are too choreographed and chiseled"? ;) :rofl:

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Well, I just did a Google search on "Angela Nikodinov Sasha Cohen friends" and I got 528 hits.

As for prom queens, I have had this thing about cheer leaders ever since I lost my girl friend to the trumpet player in our band. A trumpet player! -- can you believe it?

MM:p

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Oh yeah? Well, I just did a Google search on "Angela Nikodinov Sasha Cohen friends" and I got 528 hits.

As for prom queens, I have had this thing about cheer leaders ever since I lost my girl friend to the trumpet player in our band. A trumpet player! -- can you believe it?

MM:p

I google angela nikodinov sasha cohen enemy and got 32 hits.
Since you are the math whiz, you should run through all the hits and determine the validity and reliability of the content in some sort of fancy equation.

Cohen wasn't a prom queen in reality. Maybe in your fantasy, just like you had a gf in high school who .... oh well lets not go there, bringing up high school stuff maybe unhealthy, so MM maybe you should just be happy in your fantasy land

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Reddog if you are reading this thread here it is. I told you that some uber Sasha fans are always fantasizing about fans of other skaters being jealous of Sasha. They used to say Sarah and Mk fans are over weight middle age women who have issue with the cheer leaders in high school. These uber Sashafans spun a ridiculous theory that since these over wt middle age fans have issues with the cheer leaders from high school they resent Sasha b/c she looks like a cheer leader. You said you haven't seen these ridiculous uber fans post. So here is one for you. :rofl:

I know that there are uber Cohen fans that do resent other skaters but there was nothing in this thread said about any cheer leading (if there was, I missed it). But do you also realize that there are a lot of posters (read: mostly uber Kwan fans) who trot out MK's record any time someone doesn't praise her? Or fans of any other skater who say the same about their favorite? It works both (or should we say all?) ways here.

I don't think it's possible to be totally objective (but I think you can be non-biased), but as a non-fan I see all these things happen on these boards. Ladies' skating is the only part of skating that even remotely interests me, and it has to be a good one to capture my interest as well. And no one's skating stands out to me...not even MK's. That's why I don't have a favorite. So I tend only to participate in threads about the top ladies, including Cohen.

I also think that one of the reasons I react strongly to people calling me a Cohen fan is that I do not wish to be grouped with the rabid insane fans because I am not one of them. I'm not even a fan period. Also, I couldn't like her even if I tried.

I wonder if moderate Kwan fans feel the same way I do.

"Michelle Kwan my fantasy life" -- 8070 hits.

"Sasha Cohen Red Dog" -- 14400 hits.

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
but there was nothing in this thread said about any cheer leading
Oh please, the point is that uber Cohen fans are always talking about fans of other skaters are jealous of Cohen. And an uber Cohen fan is talking about that in this thread

(read: mostly uber Kwan fans) who trot out MK's record any time someone doesn't praise her?
The difference is Kwan's record and medals are reality. Uber Cohen fans ridiculous theory about Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with cheer leaders in high school is not reality base

IDLERACER

Medalist
euterpe said:
Very recently, Sasha mentioned in an interview that she is not friends with any of her competitors (read 'female skaters'), so I was taken aback by Sasha's claim to be friends with Angela.
She and Angela both learned to skate at the same rink (the Skate Zone in Huntington Beach) along with Naomi Nari Nam and the Stieglers. There are pictures of her and Tiffany Stiegler all over her website (they apparently have started hanging out again, now that she's moved back to Orange County).

Matt

On the Ice
Fashionably late to the forum yet again....anyways, I fall into the "kinda-sorta Sasha fans". She's good; wonderful artistry, jaw-dropping flexibility and great use of it (it makes me cringe, but hey, if you got it, flaunt it. I, unfortunately, don't got it :p ). Wish she'd be on more; go crazy for her when she hits one out of the park (whenever that will happen again). But other than that, she's OK and I'm a bigger fan of MK (regardless)

PrincessLeppard said:
Other than Swan Lake the first time it was performed (whatever that early cheesefest was that year), I have found all of her performances quite dull. Granted, I have not seen the legendary 2000 SP, so possibly there are two programs that I might like.

Overall, I can name about 15 other women I'd rather watch than Sasha. But completely overall, I'd rather watch the men.

:)

If you go to Cruella de Kwan's site (www.cruelladekwan.com), you can download a copy of said legendary 2000 SP. It's definitely one of her better, and Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor is one of my classical favs :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Oh please, the point is that uber Cohen fans are always talking about fans of other skaters are jealous of Cohen. And an uber Cohen fan is talking about that in this thread

I know that. But you specifically mentioned cheerleading.

The difference is Kwan's record and medals are reality. Uber Cohen fans ridiculous theory about Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with cheer leaders in high school is not reality base

Perhaps, but the intent of both parties is the same regardless of whether their argument is real or not; to make their favorites look better.

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Perhaps, but the intent of both parties is the same regardless of whether their argument is real or not; to make their favorites look better.

A medal count is reality, it is neutral, it is unchangeable. Since no skater has a perfect medal count, ie placing gold in every competition, then listing their favorite's medal count allow room for praising and tearing down. Fans who list their favorites achievement do not diss other fan's emotional and psyche. OTOH when uber Cohen fans diss Sarah fans as middle age over wt women who has unresolved high school issues, that is dissing other fans psyche. Sorry huge difference

Cohen hates Angela 2680 hits

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando- I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree then...I actually believe we are comparing apples to oranges here (how do trotting out MK's record and saying Hughes fans are fat relate?)...

Bringing up one's competitive record may not bash the other person or skater (well, actually depends on what is said WITH the message!) but it does start that "my skater is BETTER than your skater" stuff. Can't fans just sit back and enjoy their skater without anyone else reminding them how much "better" THEIR favorite is? Or trying to tear down others' favorites while building their own favs up? I say to the Cohen fans, enjoy Sasha. I say to the Kwan fans, enjoy your "Kween". I say to the Irina fans, enjoy her skating. And I say to the non-fans, enjoy the competition! :)

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
gezando- I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree then...I actually believe we are comparing apples to oranges here (how do trotting out MK's record and saying Hughes fans are fat relate?)...

:)
How are those related? You tell me, I was talking about uber Cohen fans who are always fantasizing others being jealous of Cohen, you brought in the MK fans trotting her medals into the discussion. Well trotting the favorites records happens quite a bit in sports. Tara fans are perfectly free to trot out her olys, nationals, and world gold, with the record that she is the youngest to achieve these. Patriot fans are perfectly free to trot out their superbowl champs record. Yes these are oranges . OTOH when some uber fans spun a theory about Sarah fans as over wt middle age women with unresolved high school issues who are jealous of their favorite, These are apples, the kind that one can smell from a distance

BTW, I don't know whether you are a Rocket fan or not, but honestly do you expect most Houstonians who buy tickets for a Rocket / Spur game to just enjoy the compeitiion? You expect them not to cheer for the Rockets, or hold up those white long balloons when a Spur is at the free throw line

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
millie said:
Kwanford Wife from a Desperate Housewife, are you so tired of bashing Sasha that you have to start bashing her fans. Get a Grip!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Awww, the poor baby is mad? Should I call you jealous now? Suggest you wear a hat? Pretend that if I'm as nasty as possible to Cohen fans that will make Michelle skate better? Pout?

Please. Grow up. :sheesh:

Kwanford Wife
"I'm the Michelle Kwan of basketball" Michael Jordon, during interview at Chicago COI he attended with his daugher late 90s

Peggy

On the Ice
gezando The difference is Kwan's record and medals are reality. [/QUOTE said:
Its not about records and medals for me as a Sasha fan. Its her unique ability to interpret the music so beautifully and the way she completes every move. I know some of you will say her falls ruin all that, but it doesn't for me. Just like the fall Kristi had when she won her Olympic gold-it was a stunning program and I still watch it.
For you Michelle fans - I still like to watch Salome - Michelle's best ever.IMO She was wonderful when she was younger. The Lion King was good too and if she still skated like that-I would still be a fan.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Sasha is one of a few female skaters who finishes all her moves. It really adds to a program when a skater does this. I find most skaters rush through their programs and don't pay attention to detail. Sasha is very balletic in her style and graceful. It's always enjoyable to watch her skate.

I would say I am a Sasha fan. I appreciate her talent.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I would enjoy watching Sasha skate more if there wasn't the constant concern that any move on the ice can and has put her on her tush.

Linny

Final Flight
Hits versus Results

I'm not certain that the word "hits" is being used correctly in this context. The count you get when you perform a Google search is called a "result". A "hit" is a count of the number of times a web site has actually been visited.... isn't it?

Linny

millie

Medalist
Kwanford Wife said:
Awww, the poor baby is mad? Should I call you jealous now? Suggest you wear a hat? Pretend that if I'm as nasty as possible to Cohen fans that will make Michelle skate better? Pout?

Please. Grow up. :sheesh:

Kwanford Wife
"I'm the Michelle Kwan of basketball" Michael Jordon, during interview at Chicago COI he attended with his daugher late 90s

For the record:::: I am a Canadian---Superfan of Joanne Rochette :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: Other than that I don't care!!! But on the other hand I Like Sasha--The reason I like her is because she is the most bashed skater in the U.S. and somebody has to come to her defence. Be proud of her--We are very proud of Joanne and Cynthia.