Waiting for Worlds | Golden Skate

Waiting for Worlds

Linny

Final Flight
Can't hardly stand this hiatus between the various Nationals and Worlds. How many more days?
Linny

Linny - If you haven't already, go to the Worlds folder and pick out your Last 6 to skate Ladies and Last 6 to skate Men. You don't have to pick out the winners unless you want to. So go to the Worlds folder, you will feel better.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's no point in wishing for Worlds to happen now. Once Worlds is over, so is the FS season, and things will be dull on the boards. Enjoy anticipating it while you can, because when it's over, you have to wait until September / October for the JGP/GP.

Fortunately, when the FS season is done, the Triple Crown starts heating up, and I can immerse myself in the world of horseracing for the spring and summer seasons, all the way through to the end of October and the Breeders Cup---and then the Grand Prix kicks in. A perfect juxtaposition of hobbies.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
chuckm said:
Fortunately, when the FS season is done, the Triple Crown starts heating up, and I can immerse myself in the world of horseracing for the spring and summer seasons, all the way through to the end of October and the Breeders Cup---and then the Grand Prix kicks in. A perfect juxtaposition of hobbies.
For me, it's renaissance faires from May - October and skating from October onward. I'm still looking for something to do for those six weeks between skating and faire seasons - does anything interesting happen in March and April? :laugh:
Rave

eliza88

On the Ice
No football, no skating now--ARGH! Bored, idle,...soon Spring Training will start, off-season trades/signings for football, March Madness doesn't do it for me...can't wait till Worlds! Baseball starts in April and then there is tennis here and there...football pre-season starts in August, then regular season--that holds me until SKATING STARTS!! I am one happy lady when fugure skating and football are at full swing! Until then, maybe I can get caught up with the laundry!

eliza88

PS. This week I have been going through my FS 2001 tapes (despite the husband rolling his eyes!)

katherine2001

On the Ice
No Stanley Cup this year either! I always love watching this every year. I hope they get the conflict settled before next season.

Jhar55

Medalist
How many days until worlds? Too Many :rofl: I fill in my off season time watching Nascar, how much more excitement can you get? Just love waiting for the BIG ONE, the big pile up. :rofl: :rofl: As long as they climb out of the car and walk away.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
katherine2001 said:
No Stanley Cup this year either! I always love watching this every year. I hope they get the conflict settled before next season.

Oh I KNOW!!! The pain of no hockey just might do me in... I honestly believe that 's why I moved from Detroit to Richmond... The Red Wings weren't playing, so what was the point in staying there in the cold??? Of course, Richmond keeps getting ice & snow ~ so it apears I just brought it with me.... ho hum...

Star Wars will be out in May ~ That's something to look forward to...

KW

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Could they organize some pro skating competitions to replace ice hockey? (After Worlds, the Oly-eligibles might be too tired to pack additional cheesefests with the COI tour)

Eeyora

Final Flight
chuckm said:
There's no point in wishing for Worlds to happen now. Once Worlds is over, so is the FS season, and things will be dull on the boards. Enjoy anticipating it while you can, because when it's over, you have to wait until September / October for the JGP/GP.

Thats not true this is when we fill up our time with polls like favorite/least favorite costume?