Another judging problem | Golden Skate

Another judging problem

J

Joesitz

Re: Another judging problem

Of course another scandal but the judges are protected. that Polish team will never know what happened.

Joe

S

sk8ing lady2001

That's sad. :(

Thanks for the article.

L

LADSKATER

I just wonder is this a preview of things to come?

Ladskater

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:eek:live;font-family:century gothic;font-size:small;">This is really an outrage. There is absolutely no way to verify the results.</span>

L

ladybug

Gee, such a simple problem to fix. Why didn't they just award two bronze medals.

Isn't that how we solve judging problems. Especially with the new judging system we will never know who really won. No judge will get caught this time. The ISU made sure of that.

C

CB1AB2

I feel bad for all skaters=this whole mess the ISU has made is unforgivable

cb

S

Shallah.K

This is one more reason to hate hidden judging of any kind!

Even if things WERE on the up and up hiding the scores allows computer errors to be overlooked. At one of the fall elections in Florida they started using touch screens for voting - no hanging chads to debate so everything will be hunky dory right? Small problem - if a voter accidently touches more than one canidate at the same time the vote registered for neither but for someone not touched at all. In another election all the votes registered for one canidate no matter who was touched and they had to send for a specalist from the computer company to fix it. The only reason they caught that mistake was ALL the votes went for one person. If it had only partically screwed up and given some extra they would never have known. Down with touchscreens! Bring Back HARD COPY!

S

sspye

Re: This is one more reason to hate hidden judging of any ki

I'm speculating here...but can y'all imagine that with this new system, there is probably pre-determined scoring for Worlds? No, we can't see the Eastern Bloc, but I can imagine that they have figured this system out already. I'll bet they've already had their secret scoring meetings. And I'll bet that all of the US/Canadians destiny at World's is already a done deal. What a shame.:mad:

Lots of folks have been trying to speculate who will be on the podium for Worlds. I can't even begin to guess where our US skaters will fall in the ranks. Here are my medal guesses...

US Ice Dance 0 medals.
US Pairs 0 medals.
US Men's 0 medals.
US Ladies (maybe) 1 medal.

Sorry folks...same goes for the Canadians except I am guessing 0 medals for Canada.

W

WindSpirit5

Um, didn't you mean the European block then? ;) And if it turns out that you guessed right the only explanation will be that the results were fixed, right? Having seen US Nationals I wouldn't count on any medals in pairs. They were so bad it hurt. If men skate like they did in Dallas, there will be no medals here too, sorry. In ladies IMO there's a strong chance for two, even three medals. In dance for one.

Please wait with your conspiration theories till after the competition. Let's see how the skaters did first, eh?

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">I must agree with Windspirit here. I will tell you right now that there will be NO medals for the US pairs. None. Zero. We are an embarrassment in that discipline. With the men, it looks shaky. Our National champion landed no triple axels and no quads. That won't hold up at Worlds. If Timmy doesn't land his quads, he has no prayer.

Dance? I don't really know enough to comment.

Ladies? I don't think we'll sweep, but maybe two on the podium.

But I feel terrible for the Polish team. Those who were there felt they deserved a medal.

cheers,

Laura :) </span>

B

Bleuchick

All I gotta say to the POL federation - what goes around comes around. Remember what one of your judges said last year.

W

WindSpirit5

What did s/he say? I wonder what it was that would make it OK to cheat the Polish pair out of a medal (<em>if</em> it's true that they deserved it).