Roll call for Adult Nationals in KC, MO | Golden Skate

Roll call for Adult Nationals in KC, MO

Glacierskater

On the Ice

Will you be in the company of the Chicago girls? then we will be sure to meet. Maureen has taken me under her wing.

Redboots, we need a discerning something so that we can distiguish you from everyone else and know that it is you!

I can't wait to meet you both.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I'm sure I will be - in LP I was with them most of the time when I was at the rink.

Looking forward to meeting both of you too :)

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I know that you are on CAS, but I don't think that I know your real name...Were you in the Wayandotte pics?

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
I'll be watching with my husband, probably one or both of us will be wearing our British Adult Team fleeces or sweatshirts (anybody know how warm the arena is there?). And we are dancing on the Sunday morning, I hope. I will, naturally, be wearing my eponymous red bootcovers for that event (and probably my red & black practice dress, too).

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Grgranny said:
What in the world is an ulsterman?
Someone from Northern Ireland. You can't say he's Irish, because that usually implies from the Republic, which is a totally separate country - like you couldn't call a Canadian person an American in quite that sense, although you could probably call them a North American. Same difference.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
And you will both undoubtedly have fantastic accents! How will I know who you are? You are coming to watch not skate right? I will have pink on in some form or fashion.

Figureskates

On the Ice
I am green with envy for you guys going to KC. I went to Lake Placid last year and had a great time.

Unfortunately my boss has other plans for me which do not include figure skating.....cretin.

It would have been fun to meet the Redboots (sounds like a game show). Being part irish I am sure Robert and I would enjoy a few pints of Guinness together!

Have fun guys.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Glacierskater said:
And you will both undoubtedly have fantastic accents! How will I know who you are? You are coming to watch not skate right? I will have pink on in some form or fashion.
As I said before, we'll probably be wearing our maroon British team sweatshirts and/or fleeces - anybody know how warm the rink is there?

We hope to join in the social dancing on the Sunday morning, but are not eligible for any of the competitions. But it will be good to get a sneak preview of people's programmes before the Mountain Cup (especially the Bronze dances and the Ladies III Artistics - what am I up against???).

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Figureskates said:
I am green with envy for you guys going to KC. I went to Lake Placid last year and had a great time.

Unfortunately my boss has other plans for me which do not include figure skating.....cretin.

It would have been fun to meet the Redboots (sounds like a game show). Being part irish I am sure Robert and I would enjoy a few pints of Guinness together!

Have fun guys.

FIGURESKATES,

Where are you from and what level do you skate? I am sorry that we will miss you. AN'06 is supposed to be in Dallas. Maybe you can make that one?

Figureskates

On the Ice
My home club is the Skating Club of Lake Placid, though I currently live in Mass.

Currently trying to fullfil the remaining requirements for Bronze so i will be in Bronze IV.

You probably saw me at the Registration Table since I basically lived there last year since I was helping the club out.

Dallas looks doable....It would also give me a chance to go back and visit my Alma Mater...yes I am an Aggie. :agree: :agree: :agree:

danamartens

Spectator
Is this an international event?? I am intrested in competing in some adult competitions. Is there a website for this competition?? Canada does have an national event for adults each year, but I think it is fairly new. I don't know how popular it is right now. I hate going to competitions where you are the only skater.