Survivor Palau | Golden Skate

Survivor Palau

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, so far I have a very good feeling about this edition. Though even if it turns out to be just a feeling, it's still GOT TO BE an improvement over the last 2 lame editions....

So far I pretty much like everyone except that surly steelworker, who I have a feeling is going to be this edition's designated Pain In The A**. And though I found Wanda highly annoying (and I obviously was hardly the only one), I do feel sorry for her and Jonathan -- that would be just really irritating to be voted out before the game even begins. That was really kind of nasty. And I was hoping someone would pick Jonathan because man, is he hot!! :love: However -- there are several other hotties to take his place this time around, which I guess is to compensate for the last edition, which IMO had collectively (excluding Brady and the first guy they voted out) the least attractive male Survivor cast EVER.

I want both Cody and Angie to at least both make it to the merge just so we can see Angie walk up to Cody and ask him, "Hey, what was up with the not picking me??" I didn't understand that one at all; even as some bizarre form of strategy it really makes no sense.

I am starting to understand, however, some of the controversy that has been going around regarding the portrayal of African-Americans on reality shows. They seem to pick women who have some sort of mental disorder (Omarosa on The Apprentice), whiners (Osten), or lazy people like Gervais. Then when they finally get someone like Jolanda, who seems like a very likeable woman (tho a tad on the strident side) who has it together, she's the first one to get voted off!! I would not have liked to have been on that tribe to make the decision between her and Angie, because I liked both of them.

I always enjoy Survivor, but this edition does look like it's going to be a good one.
I had to LOL at the two who jumped out of the boat thinking they could swim ashore faster than all those people could put their power together to row the boat in!
This is kind of silly, but brown is my favorite color, I don't remember them having brown buff's before as a tribe color. I think I'm leaning towards pulling for the Kuror team so far.
I don't think I could've stood listening to that Wanda sing thru the whole 39 days so I'm glad she did not get picked for a tribe. Didn't understand Jonathan not getting picked, he looked like a strong, youthful guy that would've added strength to a tribe.
I think some of the tribe saw Jolanda's forwardness as a strength they didn't want to reckon with. Usually when someone starts out all strong and outspoken from the get-go, it works against them.
Too bad Kuror lost their flint for fire on their way to their camp!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
There are not too many men in the world who are fond and admiring of strong, outspoken women, regardless of their skin color. I'm glad that Wanda is gone, too. That singing did not go over well with me. I'm having a tough time figuring out who is who. Tom stands out & Willard. I guess because they have grey hair. I know who Angie is & I like her. They will begin to sort themselves out for me, eventually.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop said:
Well, so far I have a very good feeling about this edition. Though even if it turns out to be just a feeling, it's still GOT TO BE an improvement over the last 2 lame editions....

That was really kind of nasty. And I was hoping someone would pick Jonathan because man, is he hot!! :love:

Do you think they didn't pick him because I think he was the man who jumped in the water at the beginning of the show. I thought they might have seen that as either being all about himself or just plain dumb. :laugh: :laugh:
I want both Cody and Angie to at least both make it to the merge just so we can see Angie walk up to Cody and ask him, "Hey, what was up with the not picking me??" I didn't understand that one at all; even as some bizarre form of strategy it really makes no sense.
I thought maybe the reason he didn't pick her was that he didn't want anyone to think he was in an alliance with her as they talked about it. He said they should both be low key about their sticking together.
I am starting to understand, however, some of the controversy that has been going around regarding the portrayal of African-Americans on reality shows.
I've thought that about that too. All the black survivors have been portrayed to be off the wall.

We started our game at work and I have Jeff Wilson who I am hoping makes it to the end. Time will tell. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Ugh - I can't believe how Omarosa has 'colored' reality TV. She claims that one of the current black candidates on Apprentice has cried over her lack of air time. Based upon past Apprentices, the one's that don't get a lot of air time are usually the ones who are still in at at the end. Bill and Amy were pretty invisible for the 1st several weeks of Apprentice 1 - even Kwame was pretty low key. During Apprentice 2, Jen and Kelly weren't out there until the end after the cast had thinned out. Let's face it - the outrageous ones get airtime, but they don't get a place in the final four. Watching only good successful people is not interesting TV. Also, she forgets that Kevin who is black made it to the final 4 of Apprentice 2 and Kwame to the final 2 of Apprentice 1.

Chip & Kim of Amazing Race 6 were good role models for everyone.

I don't have a problem with avoiding racial stereotypes, but I think Omarosa looks for only the bad and will thus never see the good role models.

guinevere

Final Flight
I was pretty torn about the choice of Jolanda and Angie to get the boot, because I liked them both. But Jolanda made some major mistakes: she caused the team to fail by insisting on untying everything (or at least she was vocal enough about it that it's easy to blame it on her), and then she got super pushy. Being bossy is never a good idea on Survivor, but when you back it up with a lack of common sense, you're doomed. I'm sad though, because I think her strength would have been good for her team, and I had hoped to see more of her.

Other than Angie and Stephenie, I can't distinguish anything from that team that I like. James is uber-annoying, and I hope he goes soon. I feel like the producers are trying to find another Big Tom (who I did not find endearing at all).

On Koror, I like Caryn, Willard, Ian, Coby.