"Seabiscuit/Tomb Raider" | Golden Skate

"Seabiscuit/Tomb Raider"

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Has anyone seen either of these two releases yet? I can't make up my mind which to see first..........42

Buzzz

Final Flight
I saw Tomb Raider today and it was fantastic! I loved it. Better than the first and worth the time and money. :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Buzzz......"Tomb" tomorrow and "Seabiscuit" on Wed. 42

Y

Yankeesfan22

I am going to see seasbiscuit sometime. I am not sure when. It looks like a good movie.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
*sigh* Seabiscuit may not even come to Kenai.... GRRRRRRRRRRR STUPID SMALL TOWN DODOS WHO RUN MOVIE THEATRES! >:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Show:

I recommend Seabiscuit first! If you love horses, you will love this movie. I posted a thread about it.

Ladskater

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, Seabiscuit is my first choice, but hubby has his heart set on "Tomb Raider" first (gee, I wonder why) ;) 42

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Have not seen Seabiscuit, but was in line for early tickets for TR2...I waited for a long time for this to come out. It was good. In my opinion, not as good as the first, but I find that the sequel is rarely as good as the first. I will be venturing out to see Seabiscuit this week.

Glacierskater

Seonaid920

On the Ice
the 'biscuit

I want to see Seabiscuit because I read the book and it was a very nice story and I also caught a few of the biographies that have been on TV recently about him.

I read that the movie changed a few things. Red Pollard (the jockey) left home at a young age during the depression because wanted to be a jockey. he missed his family but could not visit due to health and money problems. They kept in touch and his family followed his career on radio and by reading about him. In the movie I heard they changed the story and said he was abandoned. not true!!

Also, he had a very bad drinking problem and I don't know if that was addressed in the movie. As for the blind eye - nobody knew about it until after he retired -- including the entire Seabiscuit Team.

Still, I can't wait to see the film as I heard it was phenomenal! don't forget the tissues.

Tombraider: I want to see this as well but I'll have to rent the first one before I do. I will probably wait till they are both on video and then see them .

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toby MacGuire addressed the blind eye issue... they had to somehow address that in the movie to keep him one of the heroes... so he had to tell somebody... otherwise a lot of the American public would never know (there are so many people in my age bracket who think I'm weird because I even know what seabiscuit is :rolleyes: )