Ahhh, Sarah Sarah Sarah | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ahhh, Sarah Sarah Sarah

S

SHINE2002

Re: Russian Skaters :-(

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>That way the US ice that is being taken up by her and her partner can be used by a more deserving and probably struggling American skater.[/quote]
:eek: :eek: :eek:

C

CoCoNuTsiopatHic

Re: Ahhh, Sarah Sarah Sarah

The special should've shown some of her programs from the past a la the "My Sergei" movie. But, damn it! Ants ATE my video of "My Sergei"! Great G & G performances gone forever!

Sarah's brother Matt is retarded. He's friggin' eating grapes of the wallpaper retarded.

Craig

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: Russian Skaters :-(

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Wow, I thought comments like "Ivan go home" went away with the Berlin Wall....silly me. :p

But I have to laugh at Berthes Ghost....Mishin teaching us how to read :rollin:

We're way off topic. I didn't see the Sarah special, so I have no comments to make about that....

Laura :) </span>

M

mathman444

Re: Sarah's special

I didn't think it was possible to make a skating fluff piece too simpy for ol' Mathman, but they did.

The skating was good, though.

MM

J

jharland

re:sarah's special

Thought it was kind of boring, couldn't keep me intrested.
Kept flipping back to reruns of Trading Spaces...

D

dlksk8fan

Re: re:sarah's special

Sarah's special was okay:| I didn't pay too much attention to it because I was talking on the phone and watching it at the same time. Was that a fake audience?

D

dancervixen

I liked the Sarah special which was taped a while ago.

But why did we have to wait 'til December 25th? The family fluff was well meant, and though they are not the best looking family I've seen, they sure are go getters. Smart, tough New Yawkers. I was so glad to see anyone do new numbers in new costumes, I was thrilled. Go Sarah Lee!:lol:

E

eliza88

Oy, Sarah's special...glad I was watching this on my brother-in-laws TEVO. I only watched the skating and forwarded through all the fluff (I had eaten and I didn't want to see my food again:p I would probably rather watch this again than Tara's Hip Hop on Ice, but honestly it was over the top schmaltzy! The part that took me over the edge was the dancing on the platform, followed by the autograph signing with the kids, (and if that wasn't enough) skating past the post-50 crowd...schlock, schmaltz, oy vay!! I only wish I knew more Yiddish and could spell it!

eliza88

S

Show 42

....jharland, I'm with you.......totally forgot about the special, but it wouldn't have mattered.......I taped twelve hours of "Trading Spaces" (I am totally hooked on that show), but it sounds like I didn't miss much...........42

R

rgirl181

Re: Sarah's Special

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> I didn't think it was possible to make a skating fluff piece too simpy for ol' Mathman, but they did.[/quote]
I didn't think it was possible either! Perhaps pigs can fly:lol:

But I agree that Sarah skated well and I liked the "Say Goodbye" program. Eliza88, I'm with you on the "Dancin' in the Streets" "Let's pretend Sarah is the Beatles and this is 'A Hard Day's Night'" thing--let's blame that on Robin Wagner. Did you see the movie "MulHolland Drive"? If you did, you will know what the crowd of elderly fans reminded me of. If you didn't, just imagine what David Lynch can do with old people screaming over the object of their obsession.

The other thing I thought sank the "Sarah and her fans" concept was that we just saw the Hallmark competition where other skaters were shown signing lots of autographs for the people in the audience after they skated while Sarah just skated right by them. No diss to Sarah, but I thought it was an unfortunate juxtaposition of images given that Hallmark was so recent.
Rgirl

R

RED DOG45

Re: Sarah's Special

"Mishin teaching us how to read"

I'm sorry but who's Mishin?

M

memememe76

Question

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Do you think if a non-American won the gold medal, they would give her a TV special on NBC primetime on Christmas day, or at least Telemundo at 3 after midnight?[/quote]

Didn't CBS air that cheesey tv movie of Oksana Bauil's life?

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: Question

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Red Dog....Mishin is Evgeni's coach, who has made several disparaging remarks about Americans and their reading habits. Having managed a bookstore....Mishin is right. Don't get me started on the troglogdytes who will only read a book if it's been on Oprah...

I still haven't seen the Sarah special. Sorry.

Laura :) </span>

L

LADSKATER

I am completely "out of the loop" on this one. I didn't even know it was on. I didn't watch tv. all week - at least other than movies (VCR &DVD). I also saw three movies at the theatre. I'll just have to take your word on this one. I am still a Sarah fan.

Ladskater

F

FetalAttraction

berthes,

:rollin:

You so funny, I want to have your alien clone baby.

R

rgirl181

Re: Having Berthe's Alien Baby

Whoa, that makes three of us!:eek:
Rgirl

B

BronzeisGolden02

LOL Mulholland Drive!

Lol, I just have to comment, any reference to the elderly people depicted in "Mulholland Drive" has to be noticed. They were so damn scary! That was the most unnerving section of the entire film for me, especially the end! But, I thought it was a great movie, weird and strange, yeah, but I liked the crazy! And imagine connecting that with Sarah Hughes and her skating special, I love it.

C

CB1AB2

Re: Aaaah!! Sarah's Special!

I THOUGHT THAT THE FLYING LIKE PETER PAN THING WAS A LITTLE TO MUCH AND WHEN ROBIN AND HER WERE TALKING ABOUT GOING FOR THE TRIPLE TRIPLE=GIVE ME A BREAK.
THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT ROBIN THAT I DON'T LIKE=CAN'T PUT A FINGER ON IT BUT SHE IS A LITTLE OVER MOTHERLY TO SARAH=JUST MY OPINION=ALL IN ALL I WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH THE SHOW.

cb