Tickets 2006 Nationals | Golden Skate

Tickets 2006 Nationals

Jhar55

Medalist
Does anyone one know where to go to get tickets just for a couple for days. I can't attend the whole week? The only thing I can find is for whole week packages.

Jhar55 said:
Does anyone one know where to go to get tickets just for a couple for days. I can't attend the whole week? The only thing I can find is for whole week packages.
Jhar - NATIONALS IN 2006 ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT NATIONALS FROM WHATEVER COUNTRY. This will be the skate before the Olys!!! In some countries it will determine who actually skates in the Olys!!!.

This 2005, the PreOly Worlds will determine how many skaters from each country will be permitted to skate in the Olys.

If you are interested in St.Louis, try:

www.stlouis2006.com and see what comes up on single tickets. :agree:

If you go, I'll meet you in St.Louis ♫♪ and Meet you at the Arena and we can clang clang clang on the trolley till the end of the line.♫♪

(Mathman, where are those musical notes emoticons? - Could you put one or two in the above sentence.?)

And don't forget in the Fall of 2005 it will be the PreOly GPFinal. Another veerrrry interrrresting event.

And then there is Torino (Turin) and the Italian Alps. :yes: You know that pasta is going to be expensive. :sheesh:

All you need for this is a about half a million dollars. :cry:

Can't wait Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't remember how I found that site but they are so expensive, I doubt I can go. My daughter and I discussed it but man are they expensive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm almost afraid to look to see how much the tickets cost... I'm sort of wishing I'd have just gone and signed up at the booth during this years nationals...

(Joe, that was too cute, but kind of sad, that song at least... you were really reaching there! ;))

I wanna go, but I dunno...

oh and I found this on teh site to answer Johar's question
Individual session tickets will go on sale approximately four months prior to the event.

Last edited:
Thanks MM if it was you who put the musical emoticons in.

Granny: They were less expensive as Toni said at the Porlland venue.

Toni - If the tickets are not selling well they will probably go cheaper one month before the championship. But that can be risky to wait too long.

Joe

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Jhar - NATIONALS IN 2006 ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT NATIONALS FROM WHATEVER COUNTRY.

If you go, I'll meet you in St.Louis ♫♪ and Meet you at the Arena and we can clang clang clang on the trolley till the end of the line.♫♪

Can't wait Joe

Joe, unfortunately, Arena is no more. It was blown up and torn down almost 6 years to the day. I went there to see it blow up right before rushing off to my friend's wedding! I think it was Feb 27th 1999.

So you will meet us at the Savvis Center, unless the name changes again! You never know with those corporate sponsors :(

Yana

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
See you there!!

The tickets really were expensive. Already got the bill. :mad: Also had to pre-pay the hotel to get the best possible rate.

I suppose the GOOD news is that the *pain* of paying for the lion's share of the trip is over now, so by next January I can just fill up the gas tank, grab some *pocket change* for $10 stadium hot dogs and be on my way!!

I can't wait to meet some of you in St. Louis. Joe, I like your song with the notes from MM.

DG

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Toni - If the tickets are not selling well they will probably go cheaper one month before the championship. But that can be risky to wait too long.

Joe

Joe, they went up at Portland... it was a load of crap they kept telling people "we;re sold out so go to your real seats" and then they jack up prices and tell people on the news that they have 'great' seats still available... it was so stupid LOL

I'd get Plaza if it wasn't an Olympic year... I dunno.... between Heather and the rest of the gang talking me into it I just might take my chances with Plaza, but I don't know yet... I was spoiled at nats this year getting to sit so close LOL

Toni - What is Plaza? A tour company? I use Colonial. They always get good hotels and everything is included in that including breakfasts. We usually pack away sanwiches for lunch and sneak them into the arena. We also get excellent seats and a tour of the town plus lunch on one of the days. The all event ticket does not include Novice but it does Junior. It does include Exhibitions which I do not want but sometimes I sell it for half price.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Toni - What is Plaza? A tour company? I use Colonial. They always get good hotels and everything is included in that including breakfasts. We usually pack away sanwiches for lunch and sneak them into the arena. We also get excellent seats and a tour of the town plus lunch on one of the days. The all event ticket does not include Novice but it does Junior. It does include Exhibitions which I do not want but sometimes I sell it for half price.

Joe
Joe - Plaza is the upper part of the lower bowl....

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I know that for some (e.g., Toni) the close seating is essential for taking photos. But those on a tight budget should consider the mezz seats. I want to point out that the Savvis is a modern style designed and built arena (~11 years) so there are no bad seats there. It is not the old Arena, that's for sure! I have seen numerous SOI shows there from the nose-bleed sections and was very much satisfied (binoculars always help). There are no obstructed views (like in LI Collesium!!). So you could still see the whole thing for $200, I think it's fairly reasonable.

Yana

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I know the best seats for all the competitions, including Jr's, and practices were $750 and the exhibition are $75. They do not include the exhibition in the price of the competitions.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I know the best seats for all the competitions, including Jr's, and practices were $750 and the exhibition are $75. They do not include the exhibition in the price of the competitions.

If you aren't going to want pictures teh Plaza seats (next best) will work just fine... just try and get the lower half of that group of seats or you might as well pay for cheap seats (speaking from experience LOL)

I'm still debating... I dunno.... :cry:

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joesitz said:
All you need for this is a about half a million dollars. :cry:
Can't wait Joe

Joe, this is not too far off the mark! :laugh:

I ordered my tickets a year ago, so I'm definitely hoping for great seats! I can't believe we're coming up on another Olympic season!

nymkfan51 said:
Joe, this is not too far off the mark! :laugh:

I ordered my tickets a year ago, so I'm definitely hoping for great seats! I can't believe we're coming up on another Olympic season!

This is scary nmkfan51. The whole thing is around the corner and we haven't even had Worlds 2005 yet.

So many loved ones will be disappearing from the scene after the Olys. We will be in another void. All we will have is our memories of those who thrilled us if not the judges.

Keep your eyes open, nymkfan51, for empty seats for the Finals. They will be there, and all the ushers can do is chase you if and only if someone bought a ticket for that seat.

The results will come in. We will have cries tears of happiness or sadness be it may.

The next day, we will be nitpicking Yukina, Bebe, Kimmie, Mao, Susanna and Joannie. Oh, the way life puts us through this. :frown:

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joe, you are so right. This coming year will be a difficult one for many of us ... a real conflict of emotions. There will be the excitement of the Olympics on one hand, but also the realization that many will move on to other things, and they will leave us with that empty space in our hearts that needs to be filled. I guess the only sure thing in life is that things will change.
Thank God for video tapes, that's all I have to say!!! :)

One thing for sure ... I intend to enjoy every moment that's left!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:agree: see, this is where I have teh advantage, because I'm not rooting for the one person who everyone else in the arena will be. So the nostalgia will not hit me :agree: (I hate being a "cry-er" at events. Though Tim and Mike both made me this year)

Seriously though... yes there will be the "last time"s for a few of the big names, but the Olympic dream will touch so many of the skaters for teh first time. That's why I want to go. I want to see them make the team. That will make me cry faster than someone "retiring"... because they're living the dream.

and there's my spin on it :sheesh:

-toni
*who is being pressured into going! :cool: *

Jhar55

Medalist
Thanks for the link Blues Fan. Couldn't find anything yet on single tickets, so sent them a letter asking about them. I just might end up buying the $500 seat and go for the whole week.

Jhar - Do the math. If the tickets are $500. What is the hotel bill? What is the transportation between the hotel and the Center? How much are you allowing for breakfasts?

Now, check with the Tours for skating events. How much do they charge? Usually they will have 5-6 days and nights in an excellent hotel which includes breakfasts with transportation between the center and the hotel. An all event ticket which includes practice sessions and a special ticket for the Exhibitions. Also a tour of the town is thrown in.

You will meet a lot of people from the tour and you can spend your time arguing over who should win but everyone gets serious during the skating.

As for round trip transportation to St.Louis, it's the same whether you are there for a weekend or a month. Best thing to do is look for a good rate from the airlines. Whether you do it on your own or with the convenience of a tour, it still is expensive.

The only problem with figure skating is that it is a Winter sport so you have to pack accordingly.

Joe