Angela & Nationals | Golden Skate

Angela & Nationals

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering the circumstances surrounding her withdrawing from nationals... will they give her a bye to compete next year or will she have to go through sectionals and all that good stuff?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
according to reports she's already back out on the ice, but yes this is assuming she decides to continue.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Good question. Technically, I think they don't have to give her a Bye due to the fact that she didn't even skate in Nationals and you have to meet certain criteria in that competition in order to get a Bye to the next year. But since she did have a rather unorthodox withdrawal from the competition, it will be interesting to see how they go about with this. I guess if they gave her an international assignment around the same time, they could Bye her through Regionals or Sectionals and that would at least help her get part way back to Nats. I don't know though. I have NO clue what they will do. :(

soogar

Record Breaker
They should give her a bye and make her an additional skater so no other skater who goes through qualifying is left out. That's the only decent thing to do. No way should the USFS even entertain the thought of making Angela qualify for Nationals.