Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scott & Dulebohn split

Custom Title

Scott & Dulebohn split

A poster on MKF is reporting that Scott and Dulebohn gave a farewell performance at the University of Delaware. Nothing official yet, but it sounds like it won't be long in coming.

http://p216.ezboard.com/fmichellekwa...ID=13628.topic

While it's always sad to see a pairs team split, I'm really not surprised by this. Altho I often saw promise in their skating, they never seemed to really "hit the mark" and I also sensed that they didn't "gel" real well as a team personality wise. Just my impression.

I don't think they project well on camera, they seemed pretty close at nationals this year... they were goofing off for their friends and family taking photos at the ceremony...

I really liked their LP this year :( This bums me out. First Anabelle and Patrice, now Tiffany and Phillip...

Mel, we bunnied them, right? Or no? LOL you'd think my arm/shoulder would remember

Custom Title
    Nope, they didn't get "bunnied". We got Evora & Ladwig, Hinzman & Parchem, Castille & Okolski and Inoue & Baldwin.

Let's try an online bunny (crosses fingers and hope it works).

Last edited by mpal2; 02-20-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpal2
    Nope, they didn't get "bunnied". We got Evora & Ladwig, Hinzman & Parchem, Castille & Okolski and Inoue & Baldwin.

Let's try an online bunny (crosses fingers and hope it works).

yeay for bunnies!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    They still have a couple of shows to do at Penn State sometime mid-April. I don't know if there are any other shows on their schedule.

Pat

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I don't know why they were never able to take that next step up. I really liked them though. I was at Worlds '03 and got to see one of their best performances ever in the LP.
    I wish them both well in whatever they decide to do. They are both lovely people.

Exclamation

Well, at least we'll always have fond memories of that brilliant Pink Panther program!

Sad to hear this. They could have worked on the problems but maybe one of them said to lets's end it. That is what usually happens and the other can not pick another partner that easy.

At least they'll have some faewell numbers to do, and I wish them well.

Joe

On the Ice
    Their chemistry together has been great. I don't think there were personality issues. I don't see it as a "split" per se. I think Philip, who recently turned 30, just tired of the rigorous training schedule necessary to stay at an elite level. He'll stay in skating by coaching. Tiffany is getting married this spring but could continue in competitive skating. Stay tuned on that one.
    Not sure what that "next step up" would have been. They were 2003 National Champions. US pairs haven't been very competitive on the world scene for awhile. Multiple US titles would have been nice.

I have to concur about the 2003 Worlds LP, I also saw it in DC and agree it was wonderful.That program convinced me they were truly capable of great skating on the big stage. They can certainly take pride in what they've accomplished in skating . . . not many teams make it to the level they did.

I'm not surprised. They probably got a boost when they became champions after Ina & Zimmerman retired, but it obviously hasn't gone any further than this.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Well, at least we'll always have fond memories of that brilliant Pink Panther program!
    Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.

Rinkside
    That's a shame, but I can't say I'm not surprised. I did enjoy their skating, and wish them all the best in the future. Congrats to Tiffany on the engagement!!!

Medalist
    No great loss (sorry somebody had to say it).

:sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics
    Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.
    S&D are the first to admit that their career has had many ups and downs. Fortunately for them, one of the ups was winning the national title, although they won with a bad skate and had worse and worse performances after that. I thought they had some good performances with their Les Mis LP, but for the most part they were not easy to watch most of the time. Seeing S&D and Michael Weiss just give up at nationals this year was sad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast