Scott & Dulebohn split | Golden Skate

Scott & Dulebohn split

While it's always sad to see a pairs team split, I'm really not surprised by this. Altho I often saw promise in their skating, they never seemed to really "hit the mark" and I also sensed that they didn't "gel" real well as a team personality wise. Just my impression.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think they project well on camera, they seemed pretty close at nationals this year... they were goofing off for their friends and family taking photos at the ceremony...

I really liked their LP this year :( This bums me out. First Anabelle and Patrice, now Tiffany and Phillip...

Mel, we bunnied them, right? Or no? LOL you'd think my arm/shoulder would remember ;)

sk8pics

Rinkside
They still have a couple of shows to do at Penn State sometime mid-April. I don't know if there are any other shows on their schedule.

Pat

nymkfan51

Medalist
I don't know why they were never able to take that next step up. I really liked them though. I was at Worlds '03 and got to see one of their best performances ever in the LP.
I wish them both well in whatever they decide to do. They are both lovely people.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Well, at least we'll always have fond memories of that brilliant Pink Panther program! :laugh: :biggrin:

Sad to hear this. They could have worked on the problems but maybe one of them said to lets's end it. That is what usually happens and the other can not pick another partner that easy.

At least they'll have some faewell numbers to do, and I wish them well.

Joe

leon

Rinkside
Their chemistry together has been great. I don't think there were personality issues. I don't see it as a "split" per se. I think Philip, who recently turned 30, just tired of the rigorous training schedule necessary to stay at an elite level. He'll stay in skating by coaching. Tiffany is getting married this spring but could continue in competitive skating. Stay tuned on that one.
Not sure what that "next step up" would have been. They were 2003 National Champions. US pairs haven't been very competitive on the world scene for awhile. Multiple US titles would have been nice.

I have to concur about the 2003 Worlds LP, I also saw it in DC and agree it was wonderful.That program convinced me they were truly capable of great skating on the big stage. They can certainly take pride in what they've accomplished in skating . . . not many teams make it to the level they did.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'm not surprised. They probably got a boost when they became champions after Ina & Zimmerman retired, but it obviously hasn't gone any further than this.

sk8pics

Rinkside
RealtorGal said:
Well, at least we'll always have fond memories of that brilliant Pink Panther program! :laugh: :biggrin:

Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.

njtoddfan

Rinkside
That's a shame, but I can't say I'm not surprised. I did enjoy their skating, and wish them all the best in the future. Congrats to Tiffany on the engagement!!!

brad640

On the Ice
sk8pics said:
Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.

S&D are the first to admit that their career has had many ups and downs. Fortunately for them, one of the ups was winning the national title, although they won with a bad skate and had worse and worse performances after that. I thought they had some good performances with their Les Mis LP, but for the most part they were not easy to watch most of the time. Seeing S&D and Michael Weiss just give up at nationals this year was sad.

sk8m8

Final Flight
pity

....that S&D never got much attention behind I&Z. I personally never cared for them as a pair, but they both seem like very nice people and always made the attempt. It's painful to watch a team "almost" get there and never really achieve it. I think between injuries and inconsistancy, these two never really had a chance to get to the top of their game. I also sensed the lack of a "championship mindset" in them. It seems to me that it is rarely good when you see fear in any skater's eyes. S&D never really looked completely comfortable out there, that is a shame since they are such an appealing couple.

Realistically, I bet they realized that their time had past, they did hold a national championship, along with several other national medals, they had been to world and skated in the top 10, and they had been Olypians. That's quite a bit more than other couples EVER acheive. However, I'm also sure that if you aren't moving up in the rankings consistantly (that is barring injuries and setbacks) then it may not be all the work and expense to continue to train when other avenues may be open to you.

I wish them the best. And who knows, often times those "marginal" skaters turn out to be great coaches and choreographers. And even though they aren't my favorite pair, I do appreciate the fact the TIffany and Phillip represented their country with dignity and respect throughout their competitive careers. That, in and of itself, is an accomplishemnt! :agree:

p.s. how would we remember them if NOT for the Pink Panther routine? Hey if it werent' for Urbanski and Marvel's HORRIBLE Micky/Minnie mouse routine, I might not remember their skating either.... :rofl:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
sk8pics said:

You're new to the board, so I'll say this only once: Get over yourself. :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sk8pics said:

snarky or not you have to admit that the Pink Panther routine was memorable.

I personally am a fan of them, not everyone will be. BOTH opinions are welcome. Breathe people...

Linny

Final Flight
Don't remember

I don't remember them doing the Pink Panther. I only remember N/K's ice dance rendition. Guess I'm in the minority. Le Mis is the only program of theirs that comes to mind.

Maybe someone can post a url with a picture of the PP program to jog my brain cells? Or was it that silly that it's better forgotten? More silly than Plushy in the I'm Too Sexy costume?

Linny