Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scott & Dulebohn split

average opinionated skate fan

pity

....that S&D never got much attention behind I&Z. I personally never cared for them as a pair, but they both seem like very nice people and always made the attempt. It's painful to watch a team "almost" get there and never really achieve it. I think between injuries and inconsistancy, these two never really had a chance to get to the top of their game. I also sensed the lack of a "championship mindset" in them. It seems to me that it is rarely good when you see fear in any skater's eyes. S&D never really looked completely comfortable out there, that is a shame since they are such an appealing couple.

Realistically, I bet they realized that their time had past, they did hold a national championship, along with several other national medals, they had been to world and skated in the top 10, and they had been Olypians. That's quite a bit more than other couples EVER acheive. However, I'm also sure that if you aren't moving up in the rankings consistantly (that is barring injuries and setbacks) then it may not be all the work and expense to continue to train when other avenues may be open to you.

I wish them the best. And who knows, often times those "marginal" skaters turn out to be great coaches and choreographers. And even though they aren't my favorite pair, I do appreciate the fact the TIffany and Phillip represented their country with dignity and respect throughout their competitive careers. That, in and of itself, is an accomplishemnt!

p.s. how would we remember them if NOT for the Pink Panther routine? Hey if it werent' for Urbanski and Marvel's HORRIBLE Micky/Minnie mouse routine, I might not remember their skating either....

Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics
    Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.
    You're new to the board, so I'll say this only once: Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics
    Just couldn't resist one last shot? That was really uncalled for, whether or not you liked their skating or that program, for that matter. Perhaps you didn't mean to be snarky, but that's how you came across to me, in a thread where the tone was completely different from what you wrote.
    snarky or not you have to admit that the Pink Panther routine was memorable.

I personally am a fan of them, not everyone will be. BOTH opinions are welcome. Breathe people...

Custom Title

Don't remember

I don't remember them doing the Pink Panther. I only remember N/K's ice dance rendition. Guess I'm in the minority. Le Mis is the only program of theirs that comes to mind.

Maybe someone can post a url with a picture of the PP program to jog my brain cells? Or was it that silly that it's better forgotten? More silly than Plushy in the I'm Too Sexy costume?

Linny

average opinionated skate fan
    Finally found one, Linny. Not a great photo, but a great indicator of what darkness sunglasses you might have worn to shield your eyes

http://hereinmyheart.com/himh/images...ng/skate16.jpg

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    I don't remember them doing the Pink Panther. I only remember N/K's ice dance rendition. Guess I'm in the minority. Le Mis is the only program of theirs that comes to mind.

Maybe someone can post a url with a picture of the PP program to jog my brain cells? Or was it that silly that it's better forgotten? More silly than Plushy in the I'm Too Sexy costume?

Linny
    I remember the Farandole SP where they looked like hairstylists

I'm not a huge fan of their skating, but I got to meet Philip Duhlebon at SA 2002 and he is the nicest skater I've ever talked to. I wish them well in whatever they do from here.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    I wish them all the best. I talked to Phillip briefly when I was working one day during Portland Nats and he was so nice to me. I will always remember how he and Tiffany sat behind us during the last flight of pairs skaters and were very responsive when each team either did well or didn't do so well. They were some of the first people in our section to stand when Katie & Garrett were finished. That's very classy and I just loved seeing them being so supportive of their competitors. They will be missed.

On the Ice
    I also met them at SA 2002, and they were so sweet! I will miss them!

Custom Title
    I will miss them, too. I always thought they looked great together, and it's nice to hear how friendly they are to their fans. Who is Tiffany engaged to?

Quote Originally Posted by JillLaQ
    I will miss them, too. I always thought they looked great together, and it's nice to hear how friendly they are to their fans. Who is Tiffany engaged to?
    I can't remember his name, but he's cute Like kwanfan said, they all sat behind us, and then during the medal ceremony she was flirting with him... singing the "here comes the bride" song while she "walked" down the "aisle" on the ice... then the parents wanted photos of them holding their medals and Phillip started to twirl around on the ice, and was frustrating everyone LOL they were too cute...

:(

Custom Title
    I always thought Philip was pretty cute, too!

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    They performed at the Hayden Ice Show a couple of times and they were well recieved.

I had a chance to spend some time with them since I work behind the scenes for these shows.

SkateFan4Life
    With all due respect to them, I thought they never jelled as a pair. Their performances were almost always flawed, sometimes with more than one major mistake, and they just did not look like champions when they skated, in my opinion. They had their opportunity to win, and they did win several national titles. Sorry, but that doesn't exactly say much for the state of US pairs skating.

IMHO, of course!

On the Ice

Us Figure Skating Release on Tiffany & Philip

Its official see: Scott & Dulebon Announce End of Career Together
    Very nice article. Mimics the many comments of fans that have had personal experiences with them. Really warm & joyful people to be around.
    Last edited by leon; 02-25-2005 at 10:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast