Sorry about this but I gave reasons for Irina winning and now I am pouring out my heart why MK will not win the worlds.
1. She has little fan base in Europe and probably none in Moscow. Trip is expensive so not too many Americans will be in the audience and about half the American audience has another American favorite, but Michelle will get polite applause from the whole audience.
2. She is perceived as being around too long by fans and judges (although no longer than Irina).
3. She will probably do all her tricks adequately if not more than adequately (no trick will win the audience or judges except, maybe, the change of edge spiral but that will be considered "old hat")
4. She will be nitpicked on each element as not being the 'best' (despite the fact that no skater is the 'best' in all elements.)
5. Her music this year will be considered monotonous with little change for diversity in stroking(although she shows the character of the music).
6. The lack of 3x3s will haunt her.
Still she is the most musical skater with strong stroking and solid elements (but that will be considered as "old hat", too).
The big question: Will the judges put her on the podium?