Liam Neeson wants to play lead in "Lincoln" | Golden Skate

Liam Neeson wants to play lead in "Lincoln"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
According to Spielbergfilms.com one of Steven Spielbergs projected movie projects is a movie simply titled "Lincoln" which is going to be based *surprise* on Abe Lincoln.

Rumors have been going around that either Tom Hanks or Liam Neeson will play the lead role, but nothing is confirmed. However it was reported last week on Spielbergfilms.com that Neeson had been approached by Spielberg.
-Neeson makes first public proclamation about ‘Lincoln’
Liam Neeson (“Schindler’s List”) has made his first public comment on his proposed casting in the lead of Steven Spielberg’s long-gestating Abraham Lincoln film.

"Well, I have been approached by Steven Spielberg to play him," Neeson told the UK’s Guardian Limited....
for more on this click here

Spielberg's upcoming Summer movie "War of the Worlds" also has a lot of news on this site... and you can stay up to date with all kinds of Spielberg productions!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
As much as I appreciate Tom's talent, I think Neeson is more suitable than Hanks for that particular role.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I honestly don't think either one is right for teh role... but then again I don't like Neeson, so *shrugs*

who else could fit this role?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I honestly don't think either one is right for teh role... but then again I don't like Neeson, so *shrugs*

who else could fit this role?

How about Johnny Depp?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
How aboout my other favorite Irishmen Gabriel Byrne or Daniel Day Lewis? Gabriel and Liam would have to have some creative costuming to appear slim enough.

Last edited:

Jill

On the Ice
Hmmm, Daniel Day Lewis??? I hadn't thought of him, but I can see it. How about my fave, Jim Caviezel? If he can play Jesus, why not the Great Emancipator?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah the platform shoes just don't work for a movie like this LOL

How tall is Caviezel?

SingAlto

On the Ice
Inasmuch as Lincoln wasn't a very good-looking man, they'd really have to "ugly up" Johnny Depp with some major makeup for that role. I adore Tom Hanks, but between he and Neeson, Neeson would make a better fit.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Neeson, definately! He has the size, facial features, and deminor. Also, would have the best speaking dialect for the part. IMHO