Should I see a doctor--sinus or something? | Golden Skate

Should I see a doctor--sinus or something?

Johar

Medalist
Last 30 hours--chronic bad urge to sneeze but inability to do so. I have to sneeze so badly and my face keeps getting these twitches from trying to sneeze, but as soon as they start to come out they stop and fade away, then rebuild....I am getting really nasty tempered from this.

paintful to touch eyebrow and below eyes.

constant nasal drippage.

Taking Flonase, Clarinex (for sneezing) and Singular(nasal drippage) Not helping at all.

I'm afraid if I get in they will say there is nothing they can do and send me home.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar said:
I'm afraid if I get in they will say there is nothing they can do and send me home.
Johar, go to the doctor. Did you ever think you might be allergic to one of the meds you're taking. I really think you need to go to the doctor no matter what they say. JUST GO!!!!

Dee

I'd definitely get to the doctors....could be an allergy to one of the meds you are using...who knows....the pain sounds like sinus infection, that may require antibiotics or it could even be something lodged in your nasal passages.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yup - sounds like you might have the beginnings of a sinus infection. Best to get antibiotics.

BTW, you should try a saline rinse, too. It's really helped alleviate by allergy related sinus problems.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Get thee to an ENT. I don't mess around with GP's anymore unless I absolutely can't get into the ENT and I know I have a sinus infection, which for me is about once a year. A Z-Pack is a wonderful thing!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Absolutely get this looked at ASAP. Sounds like a potential sinus infection to me. My cousin years ago had symptoms similar to this and when my grandmother finally took him in to the doctor, the doctor told her that if she'd brought him in 48 hours later, he would have been dead. (Not to be alarmist or anything, but these things can go into your brain.) Even if it's not an infection yet, it could turn into one because they say that one thing that does cause sinus infections is holding back sneezes (voluntarily or otherwise); all the gunk backs up in there.

bronxgirl

Medalist
It sounds like a sinus infection, which may need treatment with antibiotics. See you friendly doctor. :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Johar said:
Last 30 hours--chronic bad urge to sneeze but inability to do so. I have to sneeze so badly and my face keeps getting these twitches from trying to sneeze, but as soon as they start to come out they stop and fade away, then rebuild....I am getting really nasty tempered from this.

paintful to touch eyebrow and below eyes.

constant nasal drippage.

Taking Flonase, Clarinex (for sneezing) and Singular(nasal drippage) Not helping at all.

Sounds like Sinusitis to me or you could have a virus. I had sharp pains on my right side of my face just below my eye. At first I thought I might have a toothache. As well, I had a horrible sinus headache. Finally, my right ear became so plugged with wax, I could not hear. Someone at work told me they had similar symptoms and that it was a virus. I went to a Dr. and he diagnosed that it was indeed caused by a virus. I had to put drops in my ear several times over the weekend and take tylenol sinus tablets. Today, I had my ear syringed out by a Dr. and man is it good to have my hearing back!!!

Here is some info about sinusitis:
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/sinusitis.htm

Please, see your Dr. No use going around suffering.

Last edited:

diver chick

On the Ice
Try snorting salt water, it sounds horrible and to be honest it isn't one of the nicest things to do but it works absolutely wonders for clearing the sinuses, and if that doesn't work I would go to the doctor. It is quite common among divers cause we can't take meds to clear sinuses before diving and you can't dive with blocked sinuses because of the pressure. I am sitting here in my office at the moment, bunged up to the eyeballs with a stinking cold and the beginnings of pharyngitis so I can sympathise :yes:

Jill

On the Ice
In a word, yes, get you and your infected sinuses to a doctor before you go and infect to whole lot of us!

Johar

Medalist
I went and he said I have a nasty infection and was running a fever. He gave me a Z-Pack of antibiotics to take. Said my sinus cavities were impacted, etc.

My sister-in-law told me last night about a guy from her old church who damaged his retinas from a sinus infection.

I was so miserable last night i nearly cried. But this morning I finally did sneeze. It felt wonderful!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I'm glad you got some good meds. I had a Z-pak the last time I had an infection. You should start to feel better in about three days. Just be sure to look up the drug interactions if you haven't already. You don't want to be taking something that can interfere with the meds, even something like vitamins. I didn't know that one time and went through two different drugs and roughly a month and a half before realizing that the vitamin C I was taking was impeding the meds. Not fun!

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm glad you got to the doctors and have meds....you should be feeling better soon! At least I hope you will be.
I forgot about the business of sinus infections(and tooth infections, too) being able to spread to the brain. A local woman died from complications of an undetected infected tooth, the infection went to her brain.
The flu's and URI's in all their variations have been terrible this year!
I've been using Zicam nasal gel stuff and Hall's Defense lozenges with zinc, vit. C and euchanecea(SP?) as well as Vitamin C. It's seemed to have kept me from getting anything full-blown. My husband had bronchitis which is highly contagious, I never got anything more than a head-cold, never ran a fever and only had one day where I laid on the couch all day feeling pretty badly.

(p.s. I'm childless, too....but do private childcare in my home)