American Idol - My Vote | Golden Skate

American Idol - My Vote

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I did not cast a vote, but if I did it would be for Constantine. I think he sang the best tonight. Simon said Bo outsang him, but I do not agree. Constantine has four things going for him:

Stage Presence
A great Voice
Good looks
Charisma

linda vanwormer

Rinkside
American Idol

There is a new magazine out, called American Idol the magazine (the official viewer's guide) It has scorecards so that you can keep organized with what's going on both from the viewer's point of view and the judges ideas. It shows the top 70 from this year and as the show progresses will become more specific. Great magazine.

I found it at a book store.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I voted for Anwar (Moon River).

Does Stevie Wonder receive royalties on his songs that are used? If so, he should be very happy after last night :biggrin: . I wish if they were going to sing a SW song it would be my favorite, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" :love: !

Last edited:
I had 3 favorites last night but voted for Bo.
I thought Bo, Constantine and Anwar put out the best performances.
They didn't pick a safe song, they owned the song, they came out on the stage with presence and confidence.
My husband preferred Constantine....it's a close call between him and Bo, I must admit.
In auditions, I liked Anthony Federov, but his performance was weak last night. Same with David Brown.
I agree with Simon that too many of them picked "safe" songs and did not "step out of the box" so to speak.
As soon as Bo walked out on the stage, before he even sang a note, I said to my hubby "he's got what Simon is looking for".

Another vote for Anwar. When he started out, what he was singing didn't seem to have anything to do with the background music, which seemed to be a different song in a different key, plus, I was thinking, OK, so when is Moon River going to start? But he slam dunked it!

The trouble with the Stevie Wonder impersonators was that you kind of wanted to turn off the TV, get out your CDs and listen to the real thing.

I liked Constantine, too. He didn't give the strongest vocal performance last night, but he is the cutest with loads of stage presence and personality.

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I voted for Anthony, Constantine, and Mario. My son voted for Bo. Did not like Anwar's rendition of Moon River, though. I liked his audition, but not his performance last night. I thought Anthony was a bit weak last night, but he got my vote based on past performances and potential......(boy, I bet everyone's glad that I'm not a figure skating judge) :rofl: 42

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I voted for 6 of them (yes, 6!) Federov, Bice, Yates, Vasquez, Harris & Robinson. I think I'm the only person on the boards who likes Jared Yates. My least favorites were:Savol & Brown.
My daughter voted for:Marsoulis, Federov, Harris & Mureno, IIRC. She, also, picked Savol & Brown as her least favorites.

Tereza

Match Penalty
Igave Mario Vasuqez atleast 50 votes..... I have seriously offended the Constantine fanclub I am in at the official American Idol forum.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Johar said:
Constantine is going to go far in life. He has the "it" factor, for certain.

:agree: Even if he does not win the AI title, this guy is definitely "star" material in the rock world.