Ice Princess movie | Golden Skate

Ice Princess movie

ditzysk8r

Rinkside
Just curious...which skater is the double in the new "Ice Princess" movie? Who is doing the actual skating?

N

nthuz

Jennifer Robinson is one of the doubles. Others are Danielle Kahle, Lauren Wilson, and Sandra Rucker.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
ditzysk8r said:
Just curious...which skater is the double in the new "Ice Princess" movie? Who is doing the actual skating?

I was curious myself. I just might catch this flick!!

lotusland

On the Ice
You have to scroll much further down the list of names and duties. You will find Jennifer Robinson listed under the "Stunts" crew as a skating double.

Brenda

On the Ice
Is it just me or somewhere in the trailer about 7/8 the way through they're showing a closeup of a jump and it shows her doing a counterclockwise loop, but when the angle changes to top looking down, then shes turning clockwise, and then when its back to the regular angle, its counterclockwise again..

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I would love to see it. It looks cute. I don't care if it ends up cheesy, it's a skating movie, and that's all I need to know about it, lol. Has anyone noticed in the trailer, that one of her costumes looks just like Sasha's "Carmen" one? :)

njtoddfan

Rinkside
I saw bits and pieces of the trailer... looks kinda cute :) I would like to actually get to the movies to see it... I always have plans to see movies, but then never actually have the time to go LOL!!

anya_angie

Final Flight
The choreographer for the movie is Anne Fletcher. Anyone heard of her? She's done tons of movies, but has she done any skating before?

anya_angie said:
The choreographer for the movie is Anne Fletcher. Anyone heard of her? She's done tons of movies, but has she done any skating before?
If you click on her name in the credits, it would seem she has done everything in her career. Choreographers always have assistants and it may be that she used Jennifer as an assistant. Depending on how intricate the skating is featured, I am sure Jennifer can handle it as skater and as assistant choreographer.

Joe

brad640

On the Ice
CzarinaAnya said:
Has anyone noticed in the trailer, that one of her costumes looks just like Sasha's "Carmen" one? :)

And there is a clip of Michelle Trachtenberg watching Sasha's Swan Lake on tv.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Here's the link to the 3rd and final installment of USFS Online's article series this week about the 2 young U.S. skaters -- Juliana Cannarozzo, age 15 from Boston (6th in Junior at 2005 U.S. Nationals) and Kirsten Olson, age 13 from Minnesota (5th in Novice at 2005 Nationals) -- who have acting roles in Disney's "Ice Princess" movie (links to parts 1 & 2 are at the top of the page):
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=29227&type=news

ditzysk8r said:
In addition to Jennifer Robinson, Sandra Jean Rucker (2005 U.S. junior champ), Danielle Kahle (11th in senior at 2005 U.S. Nationals) and Canadian Lauren Wilson are skating doubles in the movie. There's a sidebar article on the 2 U.S. skating doubles in part 2 of the article series:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=29220&type=news

Thanks for the post, Sylvia. You are a font of interesting knowledge about young skaters.:clap::agree:

Mathman

Olderbear

Rinkside
<< Thanks for the post, Sylvia. You are a font of interesting knowledge about young skaters.:clap::agree:

Mathman >>

Very punny!

Eeyora

Final Flight
CzarinaAnya said:
IHas anyone noticed in the trailer, that one of her costumes looks just like Sasha's "Carmen" one? :)

I thought the one reminded me of her purple Rach costume.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Ice Princess - The Movie

You would think Tara Lipiniski (aspiring actress) would be perfect for this part!

Dizzy đź‘Ť