Ice Princess movie | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Princess movie

SingAlto

On the Ice
I saw it this afternoon. It was cute. A lot of it was implausible, but it was quite entertaining nonetheless. Brian and Michelle did well, too.

Bulldog

Spectator
Another double used in the movie was a little 14 year old Canadian girl named Cassandre van Bakel. She not only did skating but also some of the other stunts in the movie (such as falling off a bike). As she wasn't exactly a trained stunt professional, her mother worried constantly about her getting injured on this movie shoot and ruining her own competitive skating career (she's a novice level competitor).

My husband and I were skating extras in this movie. I haven't seen it yet, and suspect our scenes ended up on the cutting room floor.

sue123

Rinkside
i saw it the other day. it was cute. a lot of it imposisble and highly innacurate, but i don't want to spoil it for anyone. just don't go with a non skater, they won't appreciate the comments. :)

I haven't seen the movie and plan to wait to see it free on HBO--well, free in the sense that it's already part of my cable package.

But my favorite bit of trivia about "Ice Princess" is that its star, Michelle Trachtenberg, was on several episodes of "Six Feet Under" last season. She played a young diva pop singer, obviously modeled on a Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera type. Her character was particularly memorable for seducing the gay Keith, who was one of her bodyguards, then flippantly firing him the next morning for "sleeping with the boss" LOL. Pretty great episode--and Trachtenberg's acting was impressive.

Rgirl

eliza88

On the Ice
OMG! That was Michelle Trachtenberg on Six Feet Under? Wow!

She also plays the younger sister of Buffy in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Wasn't she also in "Harriet the Spy"?

I'll probably wait till this comes out on cable too...

eliza88

Hey Eliza,
Another "6FU" fan! Yesssss! :clap:

Back on-topic, Michelle Trachtenberg is quite the versatile actress. I saw an interview with her where she says she learned to do a 3toe and a 3sal for "Ice Princess." Now either she's had previous skating experience or...Michelle Trachtenberg is quite the versatile actress, lol.

Rgirl

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Rgirl said:
Hey Eliza,
Another "6FU" fan! Yesssss! :clap:

Back on-topic, Michelle Trachtenberg is quite the versatile actress. I saw an interview with her where she says she learned to do a 3toe and a 3sal for "Ice Princess." Now either she's had previous skating experience or...Michelle Trachtenberg is quite the versatile actress, lol.

Rgirl

I read an interview (SKATING) and the most that she mentioned was a toe loop, as far as jumps go. I am impressed with her outside spread eagle. I skate with a fury and still don't have that down. I have also read that she skated at a kid, and quit after 2 lessons because it was so hard...you couldn't really call that "skating as a kid". The flick was grossly inaccurate and represented skating in a fantasy land, but it was skating and we took about 50 of our skaters to go see it, so it was fun. Of course I will be buying it as soon as it hits the racks.

nicole_l

Final Flight

If you've seen the movie, you know that Michelle's basic skating technique is horrible. There's no way she could get up enough speed to do more than a single loop jump. Honestly this is one of the reasons why it wasn't so believable. If they'd used her skating double for more than just jumps and spins, I think that it would have worked out better.