SOI ticket prices for next year, etc. | Golden Skate

SOI ticket prices for next year, etc.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
When we were in Orlando the other night, I noticed the ticket prices on the advanced order form for next year. Front row seats are going to be $100! :eek: This year they were $95, and I would've gotten front row if I'd known they were available, but on the order form I printed out from the SOI website showed that the front row seats were already sold out (and this was back in September or October).

Well, on Friday I was on the SOI board (can I say that?) and someone had posted that they had gotten on Ticketmaster to find out what kind of seats were still available and they found front row! I had to see that for myself so I tried searching for three front row tickets and found them! I was not happy. But I got over it, sort of.

I know I won't be ordering front row seats in advance for next year. In fact, I'm not ordering anything in advance for next year. I know I'm likely to have zilch left after Nats, so I figure if it turns out that we can go next year, I'll just wait until after Nats to order them. Or I'll just save my money and go to the Jacksonville scrapbook convention, if they have one next year. I think I'd get more for my money that way.

I am wondering something though. For those of y'all that have already been to SOI this year, what kind of prices are on your advanced ordering forms?

I was not crazy about SOI skipping Jax this year, but I was happy with the weather and the good shopping in Orlando, so I guess it all evened out.

Anybody have any thoughts?

BTW, this should be my 100th post. :)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There weren't any forms at the Wichita show. So, they evidently knew before it started they weren't coming back. I assume they gauge that by the ticket sales.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
There weren't any forms at the Wichita show. So, they evidently knew before it started they weren't coming back. I assume they gauge that by the ticket sales.

There weren't any forms in Jax last year either. Actually, we didn't figure they'd be back that year either, except that we'd heard one of the arena employees talking about it.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Congrats on the 100th post!

And as far as tickets go, I am one of those crazy people who attends at least 3 SOI shows and two CSOI shows every year but I only do on ice for one show which is my hometown one of Cincy. Those tickets this year were like $100 each this year and if I didn't love the show or the skaters so much (or my mom who I go with every year, its our little bonding time over skating), I don't know if I would be willing to pay that much or not. It just depends on the show and skaters as to where I want to sit for a show. I usually go with whatever tickets I can find for other shows (or I sit with a group and we make a lot of noise and cheer a lot, LOL) and its not a big deal. One on ice show is more than enough for me. I did end up with two last year but that was purely because I found someone with extra on ice seats for Columbus and I took a friend up with me to see the show then. But really, these ticket prices are starting to get really crazy expensive. If you compare getting cheapo seats to US Nats with an on ice seat to SOI this year, its only about a $100 more to see skating for an entire WEEK rather than see one SOI show!!! That's crazy. I wish there was a way to get those prices down a bit for us commoners who don't have huge bank accounts.

BTW-For the Columbus show this year, I got my tickets the day of the show and I ended with with front row (right behind the on ice seats) on the end opposite the skaters entrance and it was one of the best seats I've had for SOI. You don't always have to preorder to get a great seat and my ticket was about $60 cheaper than the on ice ones too. You never know what you will find when you get tickets the day of the show. I've heard of others getting tickets on ice the day of the show too! :)

childfreegirl

Final Flight
KwanFan1212 said:
It just depends on the show and skaters as to where I want to sit for a show. I usually go with whatever tickets I can find for other shows (or I sit with a group and we make a lot of noise and cheer a lot, LOL) and its not a big deal. One on ice show is more than enough for me. But really, these ticket prices are starting to get really crazy expensive. If you compare getting cheapo seats to US Nats with an on ice seat to SOI this year, its only about a $100 more to see skating for an entire WEEK rather than see one SOI show!!! That's crazy. I wish there was a way to get those prices down a bit for us commoners who don't have huge bank accounts.

BTW-For the Columbus show this year, I got my tickets the day of the show and I ended with with front row (right behind the on ice seats) on the end opposite the skaters entrance and it was one of the best seats I've had for SOI. You don't always have to preorder to get a great seat and my ticket was about $60 cheaper than the on ice ones too. You never know what you will find when you get tickets the day of the show. I've heard of others getting tickets on ice the day of the show too! :)

Well, not being thrilled with my seats this year, I doubt I'll go next year if I have to sit that far up. It's not that I don't love the skaters and the show, I love every show I've seen live (all four 'em, even the B'ham FSC's spring show a couple of years back, which included PJZ :love: ). I know having the headache didn't help either.

But at least I know I have on ice seats for COI, at a whopping $112, but I could afford that since I don't have a hotel bill. But then that's probably it for a while. Mom, little bro and I are debating about going to South Atlantic Regionals in Tampa in October. I don't think tickets for that should be toooo high though. It'll probably depend on what our Nats savings look like.

I go to SOI on Friday night. This years on ice seats were $100. This is only the 2nd time I ordered on-ice....I'd been to the show 9 times and last year was the first time they had the option to order on-ice and I figured after all the years of going, I wanted to experience it at least once. We liked it so much we opted for it again this year. I don't think we'll order them for next year, just to not get spoiled and to have on-ice seats to look forward to some other year. I'm afraid I'm a "biased" SOI fan and would pay almost any amount for tickets as long as I'm sitting in the lower bowl of the Philadelphia venue. It's a special night out for my husband and I who otherwise have a rather quiet, private life that doesn't include a lot of socialization or social events.

Childfreegirl, do you really have on-ice seats for COI...Champions On Ice? I didn't know they did the on-ice seat thing. I've got first row seats, but the boards will be up just like at a competition....in 10 years of going to COI, I've never seen them do the on-ice type seating, at least not in Philadelphia. The COI seats were $97 a piece for front row with boards between me and the ice, so I figured a few dollars more for the SOI seats with no boards was worth it. And also, from 2004 to 2005, I'm almost positive that the on-ice seat price for Philadelphia did not go up at all.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
NJSk8Fan said:
Childfreegirl, do you really have on-ice seats for COI...Champions On Ice? I didn't know they did the on-ice seat thing. I've got first row seats, but the boards will be up just like at a competition....in 10 years of going to COI, I've never seen them do the on-ice type seating, at least not in Philadelphia. The COI seats were $97 a piece for front row with boards between me and the ice, so I figured a few dollars more for the SOI seats with no boards was worth it. And also, from 2004 to 2005, I'm almost positive that the on-ice seat price for Philadelphia did not go up at all.

Well, they're row A (I just double checked) and they're the $112 tickets. I've never been to COI, so I don't know how they set it up in B'ham, but I could've sworn the one time Mom and K went, they said there were on ice seats, but I could be wrong. As long as they're the closest you can get, I'll be happy.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show...lots of elite skaters to see both from the pro and eligible ranks.
I am, tho, pretty positive that COI always uses full ice and the boards.....most the skaters are still eligible and would probably find it difficult adjusting to the decreased ice-size used for the "on ice" seats set up. But then again, you never know if some venues may be a little different and have a way of providing both on-ice seats and full ice. We were 3rd row last year. Took the little girl I childcare for to the show with us. She was so amazed that some of the skaters actually interact with audience members. She's going with us again this year and I keep telling her if she hangs over the boards and calls to skaters like Elvis or Phillippe, they just might come over and give her a quick hug or kiss. :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On-ice seats for SOI are indeed pricey, but we treat ourselves (3 grown-ups) to one show a season (Trenton, NJ) with on-ice seats. It's worth it to us to sit up so close to the ice, and have the chance to interact with the skaters. When we go to the Philly show, we get the regular seats in the lower bowl, hopefully just a few rows back. We do that because there are some teenagers in our party, & we can't ask their parents to shell out an additional $25.00 or so to see the show. We're delighted that they're able to join us for the fun. :)

dmr65

On the Ice
This season I paid $105 after fees for an on ice seat. Next year it will just be $105 with I think some $1.75 processing fee.. The only one program I didn't really care for was that number with the guys and Sarah H.. I love Sarah and the guys <>I'm not bashing nor blaming them... I just did not find that program entertaning.. I can't blame the skaters, music, nor too much the powers... I think it was me who did not find the complete show 100% exciting, but this season was much more entertaining...

And to be honest, the real reason why I go to SOI is to see<> Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze. I love Todd, but he is not a big enough pull for me as they are. If B&S were to go back to COI, I would be buying one of those expensive tickets and planning some way to see it, since it no longer comes to my city...

B&S were worth my $105.00 :yes:

Denise...

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I sure look for Wichita to be more pricey after they finish building their new arena that I am forced to help pay for.