Favorite Ice Skating Movie? | Golden Skate

Favorite Ice Skating Movie?

What is your favorite Ice Skating Movie?

• Total voters

anya_angie

Final Flight
Since Ice Princess is coming out soon I thought I would start this topic! I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone picks! Somehow I have a hunch that most will pick the second-to-last option ;)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I'm looking forward to Ice Princess. The ads are enticing.

Loved 'Ice Castles.' That was the big ice movie when I was a kid!

Kasey

Medalist
The only skating movies I have seen so far, which are two on this list, I think both stank. Give me the real thing.

Kasey

Last edited:

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
I loved Cutting Edge! Also I know the skating double so that probably is why I liked it the most!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
my favorite ice skating movie wasn't listed ... the extremely funny mocumentary about the three girls competiting at the local level... Scott Hamilton has a role... I can't think of the name & the Amazing Race is coming on, so I can't look it up... But I suggest EVERYONE see that... too funny...

KW

Gregor

Rinkside
Kwanford Wife said:
my favorite ice skating movie wasn't listed ... the extremely funny mocumentary about the three girls competiting at the local level... Scott Hamilton has a role... I can't think of the name & the Amazing Race is coming on, so I can't look it up... But I suggest EVERYONE see that... too funny...KW

Oh, yes! I just saw that video and I can't think of the name either. The movie is just like "Hairspray" which is another one of my favorites! :rofl: :rock: :clap:

Scott Hamilton plays a judge. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Ok... The Amazing Race has gone off and I found the name of the movie...

On Edge starring Marissa Jaret Winokur of Hairspray the Musical fame... Its rated R, but its a hoot & a half!!! :rock: :clap:

KW

nubka

Final Flight
The Cutting Edge...

I love The Cutting Edge, EXCEPT for the part where they are skating at the Olympics - in the dark with spotlights....???? Come On!!

Eliza

Rinkside
The only ice skating movie I've ever seen is Ice Castles. It was so ridiculous that it turned me off to skating movies. Definitely barf bag material.

Maybe some of the others were better, but I never had any desire to waste time or money on them.

I'd rather see real skating.

Eliza

jozmen01

Rinkside
Ice Skating movies

I prefer real figure skating over a movie but if I had to choose, I'd go with "toe pick" :rofl:

fallsauce

Rinkside
Since the only skating movie I've seen is On Edge, that'll be my pick, and it wasn't a bad movie either. The skating was a bit eh... But a crack up!

Skaterstar57

Spectator
"Toe pick" Lol, that line killed me everytime now that I remember it. :rofl: Heh, I guess I would have to pick "other" though, because I love all of the old Sonja Henie movies. ^^ Uh, I think my faviorite of hers that I have seen though, would have to be Sun Valley Serenade:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0034241/
*click*

I liked Ice Princess too, but of movies today I would have to go with The Cutting Edge.