American Idol - Guys Three, Gals Zero | Golden Skate

American Idol - Guys Three, Gals Zero

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think the men have it over the ladies in this years American Idol. Last nights' episode revealed at least two or three outstanding male performances. Tonights' all female show was boring. Not one of the gals made an impression on me. I can't say one female performance stood out compared to another. They either were too noisy or too bland. I think the male contenders have it.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
ITA Ladskater...

I was really surprised at how disappointing most of the women were. There were several women who really hit some bad notes - I would say roughly half of them? The gal that was most impressive IMO is the blond one who sings country.

There are several of the men I really like and there seems to be a wider variety of styles than I remember from past seasons.

It will be interesting to see who gets the boot tonight.

DG

I agree--I thought the women chose "safe" songs, didn't much step "out of the box"....some were down-right flat or off key.
I voted for Carrie Underwood. Nadia was also a bit above most the ladies, but I didn't know that song so I wasn't sure if she did a good job of it or not.
The ones I'm anxious to see if the "step it up" or continue to not shine are:
Amanda Avil
Lyndsey Cardinale
Celena Rae
Jessica Sierra
I totally agreed with Simon on Mikalah Gordon, 1/2 the audience will find her amusing, the other 1/2 annoying....put me in the latter half.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I missed the men but saw the ladies. For the most part, I agree, they were pretty boring. My favorite (and that of RG Jr. and Mr. RG) was Aloha. She chose a difficult song and sang it like a total pro. I really thought she was terrific. My second choice was Carrie Underwood. I cast 2 votes for each.

I didn't see what the big deal was over Nadia. She had impressed me more in the preliminary rounds. Last night was all strut, and I didn't find her all that original, although apparently the judges did.

Mikayla is an interesting case. The voice is totally unique, she's got a lot of individuality. However, the voice needs work. Her range is very limited at this point, and I think it's just a matter of time before the judges rag on her for that. She could barely reach the top notes last night, and not one judge said anything about it. Hmmmmm.... Yes, she's annoying, but I'd like to see her stay at least for a while because she's different from the rest of these Celine Dion wannabees strutting their ho hum stuff.

I should note that I found Fantasia's voice annoying at first, but she grew on me. I became a real fan after "Summertime."

I think that the 2 boots will be Sarah, Celena or Melinda/

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I had problems getting through to vote last night, and finally gave up after half an hour. Had no problems getting through to the men. I remember that someone said that Simon said that he thought the next American Idol would be a blond female. That fits Carrie to "t"............ 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mikailah reminds me of "The Nanny" she's got the accent (without the nasal) and she thinks she's a goddess (or at least acts like it)... she should stick to cheerleading, because the sooner she GOES the sooner I won't tense up watching this show LOL

Carrie rocked my world tonight. I am becoming a Carrie fan. Country girls RULE! :rock:

I do agree, though. This is why I do not like the idea of 6 guys 6 girls... because there are more than 6 guys I would allow, and right now I think I'd let 3 girls go in LOL

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I voted for Aloha but have to admit I think Mikayla is a hoot and hope she stays in the competition. She is different but so were Barbra Striesand and Bette Midler who have done very well, LOL. As someone who has been trying to get a group of teenage girls to show a little more enthusiasm in their South African dance performance scheduled for this Saturday, :eek: :eek: :eek: I would appreciate all of then being a little more Mikayla like.

Kasey

Medalist
I missed the guys, but watched the girls. I liked Nadia, Aloha and Carrie, with Sarah, Vonzell (spelling?) and Jessica on the bubble for me. None of the others really stood out to me, except for Mikalah, and I was in the 1/2 who found her annoying. There was something about the quality of Sarah and Jessica's voices that make me want to see what they can do with better song choices. I wasn't fond of the song Nadia did, but she ruled the stage unlike any of the others, and sometimes I think it more the performance than the voice. Should be interesting.

Kasey

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kasey said:
I missed the guys, but watched the girls. I liked Nadia, Aloha and Carrie, with Sarah, Vonzell (spelling?) and Jessica on the bubble for me. None of the others really stood out to me, except for Mikalah, and I was in the 1/2 who found her annoying. There was something about the quality of Sarah and Jessica's voices that make me want to see what they can do with better song choices. I wasn't fond of the song Nadia did, but she ruled the stage unlike any of the others, and sometimes I think it more the performance than the voice. Should be interesting.

Kasey

That is interesting. In the real world, one hears the voice on the radio or on some other media (CD, Record, Tape) so really it should be the voice that counts. Anyone can "ham" it up on stage which is what some of them do. But can they sing? That is the question.