Scott Hamilton on the today show | Golden Skate

Scott Hamilton on the today show

Arianne

On the Ice
Hi all. I missed this. Can anyone fill me in, please? Did he skate? What did he have to say?

Thanks, I love Scott!
Arianne

76olympics

On the Ice
They have the video on MSNBC.com under "More Today show video" on the Today show title page. I just watched it-very interesting and inspiring. Scott is not skating right now. He was taking a family break just before he found out about the tumor. He looks good-but a little puffy from prescribed steroids (which he said affect him like " 30 cups of coffee"!). He had good news--the tumor has shrunk a little bit after the radiation treatment and is now mostly liquid versus solid which is a good sign for dissipation. Like always, he has a very positive attitude-praised his wife to the skies and is still working on his charitable efforts.

I always enjoy seeing him. I hope he will be skating again this time next year..

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Also, they showed pictures of his wife and son. He is so cute and really looks like his dad. He talked about his support from his church family and others. He came across as feeling that it was predetermining him to do more for people with cancer, etc. That is what I felt not what he said. I am so glad he has a church family.

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Aww Scottie! :cry: I didn't know he was sick again. Not that he needs me to tell him this, Lord knows, but I know he'll hang in there. *sends mountans of good thoughts and prayers his way*

But, it's nice to see him so upbeat. I hope all goes well for him.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
more

He also talked about the Gamma Knife surgery. It is an exray technique and I don't remember if he's already had it or not. It is now full of fluid and if it doesn't go away with treatment they will go in with a needle and drain it.

njtoddfan

Rinkside
I can't believe I forgot about this :disapp: I meant to tape it, and totally forgot... oh well. Glad to hear his treatment is working. He looked pretty good on SOI Family Feud... though you could tell by looking at his face that he was on Prednisone, or some other kind of steroid therapy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's been Gamma'd once, and at this point he's hoping that he won't have to go through it again... at least I think that's what he said :)

Aidan is soooooooooo cute... I am in love with him LOL

now if we could get some new photos of Kurt's son and Krisiti's daughter ;)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
now if we could get some new photos of Kurt's son and Krisiti's daughter ;)
and let's not forget the children of Paul Wylie, Lloyd Eisler, and Josee Chouinard. And while we're at it, how about the daughter of Isabelle Brasseur and Rocky Marval? I'm sure there are others I haven't mentioned....

Herm (sk8ngnutt)