AI Results - Wednesday | Golden Skate

AI Results - Wednesday

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, what did you all think? Personally, I would have liked to see Scott go. I can't figure out why he is still there. Anyone of the women could go, I don't have any preference in their category. I kind of felt bad for the girl who chose the song The Power of Love. Celine Dione is a pretty tough act to follow on that one. Celine's range is so powerful (five octaves) there are few singers who would even attempt it. The AI hopeful should have tried something different.

What was with the host putting Constantine through the wringer? I almost thought he was going to get voted off AI. That was weird.

I also thought the host was rather insensitive to the feelings of the singers who were voted off the program. What a question - How do you feel? How would you imagine these people feel?

I wonder who will go next. I only hope it is Scott.

Last edited:

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
The results

Ladskater, I am an AI fan because I like to hear and see new things in entertainment, and not just the same celebrity singers currently popular. I haven't become a fan of any other the winners or contestants, but it is obvious that Kelly Clarkson has gone on to be a major world-wide star. When she makes an album, it is good, and it sells. Her name is becoming household.

The results yesterday did not surprise me one bit, with the exception of Judd Harris leaving so quickly. However, I can tell you that there are two or three clear candidates for the top three. None of the rest can win, so I think it doesn't matter when they leave, or in what order. Half will be gone in just two more weeks, and it keeps happening until the interesting final 4.

Girls: Carrie, Aloha, Nadia, Jessica, Vonzell and Lindsey should stay.
Boys: Anthony, Anwar, Mario, Bo, Scott and Nikko should stay.

Everyone else is going home at some point, most likely, with Carrie and one of the boys being in the final 3. But anything can happen, and it's fun!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night was the first time I got to watch since they were picked. I thought how difficult it must have been to go through that whole thing and then get the boot. I thought it was way over the top. I was wishing instead of all the drama just state who got the boot. I thought the girl was going to punch them all out. :laugh: :laugh: I don't understand how they could have sung after all that. :sheesh:

Dee

Ladskater

Record Breaker
ChiSk8Fan said:
Ladskater, I am an AI fan because I like to hear and see new things in entertainment, and not just the same celebrity singers currently popular. I haven't become a fan of any other the winners or contestants, but it is obvious that Kelly Clarkson has gone on to be a major world-wide star. When she makes an album, it is good, and it sells. Her name is becoming household.

The results yesterday did not surprise me one bit, with the exception of Judd Harris leaving so quickly. However, I can tell you that there are two or three clear candidates for the top three. None of the rest can win, so I think it doesn't matter when they leave, or in what order. Half will be gone in just two more weeks, and it keeps happening until the interesting final 4.

Girls: Carrie, Aloha, Nadia, Jessica, Vonzell and Lindsey should stay.
Boys: Anthony, Anwar, Mario, Bo, Scott and Nikko should stay.

Everyone else is going home at some point, most likely, with Carrie and one of the boys being in the final 3. But anything can happen, and it's fun!

I don't agree; Scott has to go. As for the women, none of them have any special talent so who goes next does not matter. One of the male singers will likely end up as the American Idol winner.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I didn't watch much of it, just when the commercials came up while I was watching "Alias." I wouldn't miss the performance nights, but I can do without the results show. From what I saw, Ryan was rude and insensitive. Asking Judd how he felt about being booted after getting this far was so STUPID! How do you think he feels, you IDIOT! :p

I don't think we can make any definite predictions yet, and here's why: Some people develop and grow over the course of the show, and those who are "one trick ponies" will seem boring to the American public after a few weeks. I'm not certain that Kelly was the clear winner until she sang ".... Natural Woman." Clay only made the finals as a wild card choice! I didn't care for Fantasia until "Summertime" and now I'm a big fan.

I really like Aloha's presentation skills and voice, and I think she will be a force.

P.S. Celine Dion does NOT have a 5 octave range. That's ridiculous hype.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ryan is asking what the teleprompters are telling him to

considering he didn't fly around with the judges this year I think he feels he needs to kiss butt if he wants to come back next season (I've read rumors that he's being thought of as too old to host, which is crap cuz I don't care how old he is HE'S HOT!)

Constantine got a lot of crap from people online with the "stick to the rap" comment made by Ryan. I don't know what's up his butt this week, but he has seemed a bit on the rude side... he has been having girlfriend troubles, so maybe that's the problem LOL (he talks about it on his radio show) :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was hoping that Melinda would stick around for another week or two. She really has a good voice. Her hometown is about 30 minutes from where I live. The whole town supported her efforts.

Getting rid of Ryan Seacrest would be a big mistake. He is as much a part of AI as the judges and the fans.

I think the winner will be a guy.........I'm going out on a limb here and predicting one of the rockers to win the whole thing............42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's the skin head looking guy... the "wanna-be" tough looking chunky guy who is really cocky

I personally don't care for him, but I do think he has a decent voice... he's one of the 3 rockers

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Show, I wouldn't either... but that's what AI has classified him as... they've mentioned him as a "rocker" in a couple of episodes IIRC...

Ladskater

Record Breaker
P.S. Celine Dion does NOT have a 5 octave range. That's ridiculous hype.

My point is the girl who tried to sing The Power of Love did not have a powerful enough voice and also this song is so recognized from Celine's powerful delivery it was not a good choice. Celine does have a great range.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
My top favorites are

Constantine, Bo Bice, and Mario Vasquez!(Wilmer Valderamma lookalike)

Carrie, Nadia, Jessica, and Mikalah

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
My point is the girl who tried to sing The Power of Love did not have a powerful enough voice and also this song is so recognized from Celine's powerful delivery it was not a good choice. Celine does have a great range.

I agree totally. There are just some songs that should be avoided, like anything that was a huge megahit that is totally identified with one singer only.

And yes, Celine the Scream does have good range. I'll give you that.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni......you're kidding! Scott is classified as a "rocker"....how can that be? But, I guess the singer known as "Meatloaf" was sort of a rocker.......go figure? 42

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Scott is a "Playa"

Hi Show - actually, Scott could be classified as a minor "playa" (urban for player); rather a cool-talking, R&B smoothie - hence, Scott's glasses and pseudo-gansta oversized zoot suit he wore on Monday; think Billy D. Williams in Mahagony only a little less real.

An older more accomplished player is a Mac, and if he's real smooth, a Mac Daddy. The term for people who don't like the player type is a "player-hater", a very soft diss to which any self-respecting would come back with "Don't hate the player, hate the Game!" So much for Hip Hop Culture 101 ;)

I must admit I think he can "ssaaaang" - he is really good for Stevie Wonder ballads; it will be interesting if we get to see his heart and behind the smooth. I think he's got real talent . He is definitely junior-level hip hop and hip hop is what the kids have been buying for the past 10 years.

But ultimately, I think its going to come down to Mario who is super-slick and could sell lots of CDs.

Out, Tenorguy

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Toni......you're kidding! Scott is classified as a "rocker"....how can that be? But, I guess the singer known as "Meatloaf" was sort of a rocker.......go figure? 42
I think he was just lumped into that group because of his attitude... LOL I honestly have no idea why fox hypes anyone/thing the way they do :laugh: :sheesh:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
show 42 said:

Meatloaf is a rock artist and very popular. Scott is a wanabee. I hardly think he is a rock artist.

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Scott Savol

Ladskater, this fellow has a decent voice, and will be OK to have in the competition for a couple of more weeks. He won't win it, but he belongs there for awhile longer. His attitude will ultimately hurt him, and there is better talent there.

I think Carrie Underwood does have talent and a bit of her own style, and can do well if she wins. It's not so certain a boy will win this year.