THANKYOU!!! | Golden Skate

THANKYOU!!!

B

ballerinagrl

THANKYOU!!!

I've lurked on this board for months, and I figured it's about time I say a huge THANKS!!! to all you guys from the States who tell me everything I want to know about the many meets that aren't screened on cable in Europe - basically, all we get is Europeans and Worlds.

As a lifetime lover of figure skating, and a one-time competitive skater, I rely on your comments, dicussions and result postings to find out what's going down in meets often more interesting to me than the Europeans, without Yagudin - e.g. US Nationals, senior GP series and finals etc. Also thanks for all the reviews of shows that don't tour in Europe and pro-ams etc ...

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!

A

Aloft02

No, thank YOU! - the pleasure's ours

What a lovely introduction! It's nice to meet you, ballerinagrl!

D

Dee4707

Re: No, thank YOU! - the pleasure's ours

Welcome ballerinagrl,

You probably have a lot to add. How long did you skate? Were you a singles skater? What country are you from?

GS is a good place. Good people and very knowledgeable about skating. I've learned a lot over the past year.

Again, Welcome

Dee

J

Joesitz

Welcome Ballerina gal. If you have any news of ballet by all means post in Le Cafe. I dig it.

But please tells us more about the European scene. Presume you are from UK?

Joesitz

F

Freddy the Pig 2

Pleased to meet you, Ballerina Girl. Keep on postin'.

Freddy

G

Grgranny

Re: THANKYOU!!!

Glad to have you aboard. Where are you from?
Welcome to all the new people on board.

B

ballerinagrl

THANKS!!!

Joesitz,

Hi, you want to know more about the European scene? Not sure there's much I can tell you, as I assume your great TV stations screen the European championships? In Britain, very little goes on. Lottery money is being used to send our top skaters over to the US and Canada to train (which says a lot about the state of figure skating in this country). And usually this comes too late for ourtop skaters to get key jumps, as they are already too old by the time they've won nationals. Having said that, Jenna finished 19th in Europeans, and for a British skater she didn't skate too bad - she can actually land the 3Xlutz. I didn't care after that what she fell on. I was in shock! Neil finished 14th, but largely because the other guys had similar splat-fests! We have just recently had opened 3 new twin rink facilities and I'm hoping these will help in the long run ...

Incidentally, if you don't get to see the entire Europeans, Carolina Kostna was FANTASTIC in the free. Reminded me of Libinski in 1998 Olys. Allisa Drei was pretty good also. Sokolova was in my opinion robbed of a medal, but that's skating ... The French guys were damn impressive artistically, as always. In pairs, it was great to see A/B back, as they've been through hell, but the judging controversy is going to do the interim system no favours, and I'm dreading the jumpathon that looks set to ensue with the new system (have you read the statistician article in BOI?), although Sokolova would probably have won under it, if Kostner didn't ...

Best, Caroline

B

ballerinagrl

THANKS!!!

Dee4707,

Hi, thanks for being so welcoming (goes to everyone). I skated singles from 5yrs, to 16yrs. As I was a ballerina (recently retired from English National Ballet), skating was basically contraband, so I had to keep it a big secret from the staff at ballet school. But as I'd started skating and ballet at about the same age, I was addicted to both, and however many times I was told to drop skating, I couldn't do it ... I competed in singles, though I also tried pairs and loved this even better:) I'm in the UK, BTW ...

Best, Caroline

J

Joesitz

Re: THANKS!!!

Balletrina Gal - Thanks so much for your general info on London. I really meant more of the ballet scene, but that's ok.

Your mentioning of the judging controversy is interesting that something may come of it. Also thank you for your opinions on the skating. Sokolova 'robbed of a medal'. I presume you mean it should have been gold.

We will be getting some of the Euros LPs. How much? Who knows? I parituclarly like Maniachenko but she just doesn't cut it, I guess. I doubt we will get to see her.

Anyway, you've peaked my interest in Ms Kostner. I've never seen her and now I am looking forward to it. The French style of skating has always been in the presentation. I dig it.
So the boys continue in the vain of candeloro and delobre.

I'll try to get some info on the SP at the worlds. Presume you will see the LPs in London.

Joe

B

ballerinagrl

THANKS!!!

Joesitz,

Hopefully, if Eurosport are feeling kind, we'll get every single program by every single competitor at Worlds. We have every year up till now. Sadly they won't be screening the GP final. They don't screen any of the series either, which really sucks, since this is more than half the elite events that take place a year they don't screen:(

I guess you may have heard of the BBC (basic UK channel), well ever since I was born they've screened highlights of Euros and Worlds and this year, for the first time, they're not screening a thing. Really shows how popular figure skating isn't in England!

Yes, with Sokolova I did mean robbed of gold, but that's just my take on it. She did look fantastic out there. Maniachenko skated a great tech, and her free was good to watch but she had a really, really bad day jumpswise. She was so disappointed she didn't do K&C. I really felt for her. I remember days like that ...

Best, Caroline

S

sk8ing lady2001

Welcome to the board! I am, ever-so-sweet, <strong>Angie</strong>. :D

S

Show 42

Nice to have you here, ballerinagrl.......keep on posting....42