Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Natalia Mishkutenok interview(she's getting remarried)

Custom Title
    Usually crushes don't cause such hurt (if Natalia was indeed hurt by Artur marrying another woman). My guess is that Artur might have been having something on the side with Natalia and that would be why she was "crushed/surprised" that he was marrying another woman.

Soogar, that was my idea too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Usually crushes don't cause such hurt (if Natalia was indeed hurt by Artur marrying another woman). My guess is that Artur might have been having something on the side with Natalia and that would be why she was "crushed/surprised" that he was marrying another woman.
    Someone call Maury Povich.

Seriously though, I have heard so many versions of the Natalia & Artur story on various messageboards-that it is hard to know where the assumptions end and where the truth begins.

The whole "baby" story was even mentioned in David Wallechinsky's excellent Almanac of the Winter Olympics (along with other such other gems as the Pasha/Sasha story). Awww, Artur jr. was "famous" even before he was born.

But as far as I know, the "conventional wisdom" is the version that DMR65 mentioned.

Just curious: Was there any mention of N&A as an off ice couple during the 1991/1992 season?
    AFAIK, the rumors about whether they were/were not a couple only started after the baby was born.
    But again, I didn't follow FS back then.
    Last edited by lulu; 02-26-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Crazy Armchair Fan/Resident Nerd
    Sorry....I must be acronymically challenged today; who are N&A?

Natalia and Artur.

I think we DO need that fluff piece on Artur's dating life! I am sure that all of the principals would be glad to sort this out for us.

I remember Natalia weeping during an inteview when Artur said that he would find another partner since Natalia did not want to skate competitively. It always did seem as though she was more nervous during competitions than he was and the stress may have contributed to her varying weight.

As for ex-hubby learning Russian, it seems that he did have rudimentary skills. Probably enough to carry on a basic conversation, but not enough to be considered fluent. Frequently, my SIL will speak tagolog with her friends. It doesn't bother me except when the friend is a mutal friend of ours - then I feel excluded since they both speak English and I'm the only other person in the room. The parties where the whole family and some close friends attend are always divided - one room of Filippino speaking and the rest of non-Filipino's - Chinese family and assorted friends who aren't from the Philippines. Actually I should amend that - the kids all just run around like crazy. Even if you try to strike up a conversation around the snack table, they seem more interested in going back to their corner - with the exception of the few that I know from a mutual friend. I understand it's a comfort level thing, but it seems a shame since we see them every year at the kids' birthday party. Can't say that I don't try.

Custom Title
    I guess nobody here saw the fluff piece on tv where natalia talks about her problems and her relationship with her then hubby. She shows some skating pics of her and artur with her ex hubby's head in artur's place,very bizarre stuff to say the least lol! She was not in a very good place back then,but seems to be doing great now,I'm glad

I never saw that fluff piece. Of course, I don't remember a lot of things.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    I do remember that they were being interviewed, with their coach, and he said he was getting married and Natalia didn't know it until then and was really upset.
    Actually, he never broke the news to her about the baby/engagement in an interview
    According to the 1994 fluff piece, he told both Natalia & Moskvina(she didn't know either) while they were on the bus AFTER they won their OGM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    remember Natalia weeping during an inteview when Artur said that he would find another partner since Natalia did not want to skate competitively
    I have never seen the entire interview-but I did see the "climax" part that they replayed for the 1994 fluff. What competition was this interview from?

Anyways, I really hope that this guy is "the one" for Natalia. She was one pairs skater.
    In case anyone is interested, there is a great interview with Artur on velena.ru called "The 5 Women of Artur Dmitriev"(The article is not NEARLY as interesting as the title might suggest). Where he talks about he met his wife.
    I wonder if Artur will ever skate an exhibition with Tatiana, like Natalia & Craig did?
    She taught an edge quality class at last year's Adult Camp in Hackensack-so I would imagine that she wouldn't be horrible on the ice.
    Did any posters attend the Adult camp?
    Last edited by lulu; 02-28-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Custom Title
    I think she used her first marriage to escape from her issues. I don't understand why she tried to turn her hockey player husband into a skater if she thinks marriage between skaters don't work very puzzling.

Custom Title

Odd impression

That's quite odd. I did not get the feeling that Natalia was trying to turn Craig into a figure skater. Instead, I got the feeling that Craig wanted to hitch himself to Natalia's star by becoming her partner.

But I don't have any thing that was said or done to back up my impression. So don't make this into a big rumor <blush>.

Linny

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny
    That's quite odd. I did not get the feeling that Natalia was trying to turn Craig into a figure skater. Instead, I got the feeling that Craig wanted to hitch himself to Natalia's star by becoming her partner.

But I don't have any thing that was said or done to back up my impression. So don't make this into a big rumor <blush>.

Linny

that's the impression I got from the fluff piece glad she put all that bizarre chapter of her life behind and moved on. One thing is for sure,the gal likes tall strong masculine men ala artur.

Custom Title
    An actual skating question.
    That I would if someone could try to answer if for me!
    Although don't get me wrong, Artur & Natalia's personal life is very interesting.

I'm not trying to "bash" anyone since I like both teams(although truth be told, I like M&D more).

But how would you compare M&D and K&D?

For example I'm hardly a skating expert-but it seems that M&D probably had better basics than K&D?
    Or, am I totally off base?

I also remember in the 1998 Olys, Hamilton mentioning that K&D's lifts had better speed than M&D.

I remember the interview with Natalia and Craig. She said they got the idea about skating together from watching The Cutting Edge.

Lulu, I agree with you. Natalia did have basic skills than Oksana. Also, I have felt that Artur and Natalia skated more as one unit, whereas Oksana was more of a prop for Artur's skating (this actually came out much harsher than I mean it). On the other hand, Oksana I think had a certain lightness that Natalia lacked, especially at the '94 Games.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast