Oscar Countdown | Golden Skate

Oscar Countdown

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, the big event is almost here! My hubby and I will be gathered around our tv set with out popcorn and sot drinks to watch the events unfold. I think Clint Eastwood will "ride off into the sunset" with most of the Oscars. He has a lot of power in Hollywood. But, then again who knows? I am hoping Annette Bening wins for best actress - although I did not see Being Julia. I heard she gave a good performance.

I would love Johnny Depp to win for Finding Neverland, but what are the chances?

Oh well, on with the show!!!!

Vash01

Medalist
Ladskater said:
Well, the big event is almost here! My hubby and I will be gathered around our tv set with out popcorn and sot drinks to watch the events unfold. I think Clint Eastwood will "ride off into the sunset" with most of the Oscars. He has a lot of power in Hollywood. But, then again who knows? I am hoping Annette Bening wins for best actress - although I did not see Being Julia. I heard she gave a good performance.

I would love Johnny Depp to win for Finding Neverland, but what are the chances?

Oh well, on with the show!!!!

I loved Johnny Depp's portrayl of J.M.Barrie in 'Finding Neverland' but his chances of winning this year are almost zero.

Annette Bening was great in Being Julia. If Hilary Swank had not arrived with M$B, Bening's chances of winning would have been fairly good (although she would have had a tough competition against Kate Winslet and Imelda Staunton).

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Ahh, I have no one in particular I'm rooting for this year, weirdly enough. But I am looking forward to watching Chris Rock host. He's always been one of my favorites, and while I never envisioned him hosting the Oscars...I really, really can't wait to see what he does. Somewhere the standards and practices people are having a hernia. :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kurt's Girl said:
Ahh, I have no one in particular I'm rooting for this year, weirdly enough. But I am looking forward to watching Chris Rock host. He's always been one of my favorites, and while I never envisioned him hosting the Oscars...I really, really can't wait to see what he does. Somewhere the standards and practices people are having a hernia. :)

My husband is one of those Oscar fanatics who is having a herina about Chris Rock hosting the Oscars; somehow it just does seem right; what happened to Billy Crystal and Steve Martin? Where is the class? Oh well.. :sheesh:

anya_angie

Final Flight
I love Chris too but after hearing how he felt about the Oscars, I'm just hoping he's respectful to the people who work their butts off to get there.

If you don't understand every award, why would you host?

equestrianguy

On the Ice
The only real lock is Jamie Foxx for Ray. The others are kinda up in the air.

Pic Will: M$B Should:Sideways

Actor Will and Should: Jamie Foxx

Actress Will: Hilary Swank Should: Imelda Staunton (I hope this is the big surprise of the evening)

Supporting Actor Will: Morgan Freeman (way overdue for an oscar) Should: Thomas Haden Church (In my opinion the best performance of the year)

Supporting Actress Will and Should: Cate Blanchett (She is way overdue for an oscar) Outside of Meryl Streep she is the best in the business!

Director Will and Should: Clint Eastwood