Ladies Qualifying B - Notes | Golden Skate

Ladies Qualifying B - Notes

Rosaleen

Medalist
The following notes are copyright Golden Skate, please do not copy & paste them anywhere else. Thank you.

Here's my notes - I haven't bothered with placements because the results are already up on the Event website http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2005/SEG006.HTM

KOR Yu-Na Kim Start 1
Notes in light ppurple shading to dark with diag silver dutout on front skating to papa can you hear me3t3t well done / she's right with the music & expressing / 3z2t2l / flycam to inside edge with josee style layover / 3f2t / 3l / there's very nice transitions / gorgeouse fast flat back layback /3s bit tight on landing but clean / spiral seq is a bit slow and the music is overpowering it a bit - nice pos though / diag steps are slow - she's really slowing down / 2a /3z / combo spin with twisted sit ending inY / great start to the competition / pb 101.32 / tes 57.30 tcs 45.68 tot 102.98 /

AUT Kathrin Freudelsperger Start 2
Notes black with red band around chest & halter / greig piano concerta / 3t hands down / 3s fell out out / 2l / glycam to catch foot is ok / 2a hand down fell out / spirals with catch foot on both legs / music is badly overpowering her / 2? / spin with beillman / 2z / ? jump didn't see takeoff / O ftwrk started out over nice with good complexity / combo spin had some nice pos / Her music was much more spirited than she was / pb 59.29 / tes 20.32 tcs 28.48 tot 47.80 /

USA Emily Hughes Start 3
Notes light blue one shoulder with silver sparkles / sleeping beauty / nice high 2a to start things out / 3z2t / 3t hops 3t good coverup turning the combo into a seq / ? spin / ftwrk into 3l fell / 3z / 3f bit wobbly on landing but clean / she's with the music and using it now - wasn't so much at the start / spirals are well done with good speed & coverage / strt ftwrk is phrased with music / 1ft axel 1/2 loop 3s didn't get off ice / combo spin to end / not a great skate but should be enough to keep her in the top group or two / pb / tes 44.36 tcs 39.76 ded 1 tot 83.12 /

SWE Isabelle Nylander Start 4
Notes orange & yellow / firebird / pretty layback to start out / spirals are well done / 2a / she's listening to her music & skating with it / 2f / 3turns into 3l bit short rot but stood up on it / 3s2t / flycam with laybover / 2t / spiral into 2z2t turnout on toe / she's slowing down a bit as the music is building to the end / 3s with a hop out into combo spin that is well centred with good speed / pb 72.20 / tes 27.98 tcs 33.84 tot 61.82 /

UKR Ekaterina Proyda Start 5
Notes light blue with one sleeve , dark blue pattern / 3f hand down turn out / 3s / Jazz medley / 3l2t bailed on toe landed on both feet / music softens and a nice fly cam to catch foot / 3f fell - maybe the 1st jump was a z / she really looks like Liashenko at 1st glance and skates somewhat like her ie jump set ups / popped a z I think - hard to tell between z & f / 3t2t 2ft on 2t / spin that I missed most of / music picks up and a strt ftwrk that is fun and works with music / / combo spin also is fast & suits char of music bit of hop on the change of foot to camel / there were som good expressive sectioins of the program / pb 54.97 / tes 32.32 tcs 31.76 ded 1 tot 63.08 /

CAN Mira Leung Start 6
Notes black velvet with red skirt / firebird / 3f / 3z2l / 2a / flycam to donut / there isn't much chor to this point / 3s / music goes to the familiar soft refrain with a layback with good pos & speed / 3z / 3t2t / strt ftwrk uses the music and is complex / building up to her spirals good speed & edges leg could use more extension / 3f?2l2l / combo spin to ending with biellman on one foot & 1/2 on the other / good skate for her - her posture especially into the jumps needs improvement but she gets the job done / pb 85.57 /tes 54.16 tcs 37.76 tot 91.92 /

JPN Akiko Kitamura Start 7
Notes white with navy deisgn around edge / music is poeta / nice flycam to start / 3z2t flutz but not horrible / 3f very tight with turnout but stayed on one foot / 3s under rot fell out / somechor to softer section of music / 3t2t forward on landing of 3t / layback is fast & centered / music builds & she builds up speed for spirals inside out with catch foot - maintains good sped / 2a / she's lost the music though - now just background / 3f / 3t / O ftwrk and shes gets back into the music - don't think it was a full circle though / nice combo spin to end / pb 89.16 / tes 44.46 tcs 38.88 tot 83.34 /

MEX Emily Naphal Start 8
Notes light blue with bit of silver edging / spartacus / 2a2t bit of toe axel on toe / 2s / combo spin is ok with beillmans on both feet / 1a / 2z2t2l kind of fell out of the l / whally 2f2t / diag ftwrk is ok / music is getting away from her a bit / nice ina into 2l ? think it was a loop / spiral with change of edge in beillman pos / 2f / flycam to end / pb 48.45 / tes 27.42 tcs 27.92 ded 1 tot 54.34

RSA Megan Allely Start 9
Notes hot pink / 1a 1/2 2s / music is somewhere in time / I missed a coule of things finding the music / sal didn't get off ice / spread eagle into 2f / layback is ok but travelled / strt ftwrk is pretty good & wirth music / 2? stumbled out / combo spin to end/ pb 46.25 / tes 20.10 tcs 26.32 tot 46.42 /

LTU Ruta Gajauskaite Start 10
Notes black with red at hem / 2a under rot fell / 2l / music is yanni / bailed on sal / flycam has ice fly & good pos spin is slow though / 2f fell out / 1z / she's keeping up her speed across the ice & O ftwrk is pretty good / 2a just hng on / another jump after the axel that I didn't see / combo spin with sit ch sit / pb 47.743 / tes 18.70 tcs 23.60 ded 1 tot 41.30 /

GBR Jody Annandale Start 11
Notes music is songs from a secret garden / blond with light blue trimmed in white lace effect at back / 2l mixed into some nice chor to set the tone / waxel / 3s / she has nice arms / 2t / flycam / spirals with inside out / 2f / O ftwrk is flowey & with music/ 2s lean fell out / layback is fast & centered / series of jumps starting with 2f ending in 2t / combo spin / she was skating with the music but it semmed somewhat empty to me / pb 61.94 / tes 22.58 tcs 30.24 to 52.82 /

AND Melissandre Fuentes Start 12
Notes withdrew - no explanation

BUL Nina Ivanova Start 13
Notes red with black trim red at wrists / sideways layback / handel / 2s turns out 2t / 2a / 2z fell / flycam weak pos & slow / she can't keep up with the music / 3t hands down fell / music slows and her spirals are ok / 2l / strt steps are with music / 2a turns out 2t step out / 2f / combo spin to end is fast & centered with ok pos / pb 44.23 / tes 23.96 tcs 23.44 ded 2 tot 45.40 /

FIN Kiira Korpi Start 14
Notes sparkley black with hot pink trim at hem / blues medley starts with fever / 2z fell out / 3f2t2l / flycam to inside edge to illusion fast - nice / she's moving well over the ice / 2l / 3t / blues now and a bit of chor / 3l2t / spirals are good / 3s2t /layback is soso / music picks up and so does her expression strt steps are very nice / 2a turns out 2ft / combo spin to end / she didn't really sell the program the way she could have- but its the Q's and the marks don't carry over / pb 81.12 / tes 43.56 tcs 44.56 tot 88.12 /

RUS Lilia Biktagirova Start 15
Notes one piece catsuit with turqoise at top & navy pants / star & death of Joaquin muerta / I missed the 1st jump / 3z2t2l hopped out of loop / 2a / 3t2t / flycam to donut as the music changes/ 3z in same corner as 1st / 3f / music isn't much more than background so far / strt steps start to use it a bit / 3s weird landing into 3t / spirals with change of edge in beillman very wobbly edge though / combo spin with donut & beillman / pb 66.22 / tes 49.40 tcs 39.92 tot 89.32 /

RUS Veronika Kropotina Start 16
Notes black catsuit with bit of skirt & lots of gold lame swirls / lawrence of arabia / 3z bit of hop ov landing 2t / 3f / flycam / 3l hand down fell / 3f2t / there's someting unusual about her jumping style thatI can't quite put my finger on / spirals with beillman pos / 3s turns out / 3t / O ftwrk / 2a fett crossed sat / combo spin started with loopy cam that she almost lost / pb 85.82 / tes 40.94 tcs 38.88 ded 2 tot 77.82 /

FRA Nadege Bobillier Start 17
Notes black with lots of illusion on top & stragetically placed design / Legends of the Fall / 3t fell / 3s2t / layback is fast - pos is soso / 2a just made it barely / 3t / her stroking is quite scratchy / flysit is good / nice spiral in circle with hand to ice seq ends in shoot duck with her doling ankle up to spiral into slide – very nice & effect/ missed a jump think 2a / then another think 2f2l / since the spirals she seems to have relaxed a bit and is now listening to her music & skating with it / combo spin to end is good / pb tes 32.44 tcs 35.36 ded 1 tot 66.80/

HUN Tunde Sepa Start 18
Notes black with gold bare midriff / xotica / 2a / 2z / she's fairly fast / 3s / camsit layback almost lost it on back cam went to catchfoot to save it / spirals with catchfoot / 3t under rot fell out / slower music and she's starting to use it / bailed on sal / flycam has very good spring / some chor 2f2t hopped out of toe / 3 turns into 1l / O ftwrk goes with music / and lyaback is fast to very fast music / the chor seemed very much a 'my coach told me to do this' / pb 49.18 / tes 23.80 tcs 28.46 tot 52.36 /

POL Ilona Senderek Start 19
Notes black with red string skirt & elbow gloves / 3t2t after some chor to get us going / 2a almost put hand down but held off / swing medley sing sing sing / she's really working hard at selling in the program - sexy showgirl / 3s fell / strt ftwrk works wellwith the start of sing sing sing / 3t / combo spin with some neat unique pos / 2z / 2f2l2l / 2l / she seems to be getting a bit dired / another spin that appeared to be a combo to me with the same pos as the 1st / pb 49.86 / tes 34.10 tcs 32.08 ded 1 tot 65.18 /

ITA Valentina Marchei Start 20
Notes sprakly red / xotica / 3z2t think clean / 1a / bailed on flip / layback is fast ends with foot to head / 3s 2t bailed on t / some chor to slow music section / spiral into 3t /spirals are ok / 2z / except for at the very beginning and the slow bit the music is just background / 3s just hung on / bit of a trip inthe middle of strt steps / combo spin to end / pb 72.06 / tes 32.78 pcs 38.16 tot 70.94 /

CRO Maria Dianovic Start 21
Notes hot pink / paganini by maxim / some not very convincing chor / 2f2l / reverse jumper / I missed a jump / 1a / combo spin is ok / 2t / spiral free leg is ok height wise but needs extension / 2-1/2 sal / flycam is very slow / big pause with no music / fastnow into 2l with hands over head / strt steps are fairly complex & with msic / 2? / very fast sustained layback to end / pb 52.47 / tes 20.68 tcs 26.46 ded 1 tot 46.24 /

THA Tammy Sutan Start 22
Notes swan lake / white with black trim / high 2a / 2z2t / 2f2t / cam spin is pretty with nice inside edge / she's with her music & listening to it / 2a bit of a quick turn out / charlotte / 2l / layback with nice pos changes / strt steps are good / 2f / popped z / spirals are held nice inside out / combo spin with beillman pankcake & Y / aside from the fact that there weren't any triples, it was an enjoyable skate to watch / pb / tes 28.66 tcs 31.28 tot 59.40 /

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Rosaleen...

This report is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to do this for us starving people. :clap:

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Post this link?

I understand the copyright rules. I assume it's OK to post a link to this thread on another board? Let me know if I've got that wrong. If so, I'll go and delete the link I posted.

DG

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for your report Rosaleen.

Now to the result, which blew me off my seat:
Rosaleen said:
POL Ilona Senderek Start 19
Notes black with red string skirt & elbow gloves / 3t2t after some chor to get us going / 2a almost put hand down but held off / swing medley sing sing sing / she's really working hard at selling in the program - sexy showgirl / 3s fell / strt ftwrk works wellwith the start of sing sing sing / 3t / combo spin with some neat unique pos / 2z / 2f2l2l / 2l / she seems to be getting a bit dired / another spin that appeared to be a combo to me with the same pos as the 1st / pb 49.86 / tes 34.10 tcs 32.08 ded 1 tot 65.18 /
Ilona's programs this season are fantastic and I urge all skating fans to get them off Rinkside or Soulseek. And according to Rosaleen's review, she sold it as well as she could. :agree:

Shame that the 2axel landing was wonky. If she landed it properly, she would have added a second 2axel afterwards.

All her elements should be Lv2 and Lv3 so this must have helped her as well.

Overall, I am thrilled she has managed to beat girls like Proyda or Nylander and hopefully she will manage to qualify to the free. :)

I don't know much about Lilia Biktagirova but otherwise the results for the top group do not seem to have any surprises. Nice skate for Leung and Korpi.

Rose, your reports are da bomb!

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi There.

Rosaleen, if I'm reading your notes right it looks like of the top 6 from Group B, three of them did 3-2-2 combos (Kim, Leung, Korpi), one did a 3-3 (Kim), and two others may have attempted 3-3 combos that turned into sequences (Hughes, Biktagirova)??

WOW for these young ladies.

DG

Very impressive, Ziggy. I have to confess that this is a skater that I was not familiar with before. Do you know how old she is?

Welcome to the Forum!:):)

Mathman

Mathman said:
Very impressive, Ziggy. I have to confess that this is a skater that I was not familiar with before. Do you know how old she is?

Welcome to the Forum!:):)
Thanks for the welcome. :)

Ilona's birthdate on the ISU bio is 15.12.1988 so she is 17 unless my maths is failing me. She was the Polish Junior Champion a year ago already but the PFSA (Polish Federation) decided that she wasn't good enough to go to Junior Worlds. In the test last year, she landed only one 3toe, fell on another one and fell on the 3salchow.

This year, she has won the national test for JWorlds, and even though she was short of the required TES value, the federation must have rewarded her improvement since she still was sent. She still only lands the 3toe consistently but has improved all non-jump aspects of her skating and straight from the start of the season had change of edge and bielmann spirals, bielmann and Sandhu spins, etc. And her programs rock!

She's one of the "obscure European skaters". Skaters who may not be great jump-wise or have great results but nevertheless are really interesting to watch.

Thanks to Monika, a lot of her clips are circulating online. Hopefully Rinkside will be up and running soon.

For now here is the link to the English version of Ilona Senderek's website:
http://jelonka.webpark.pl/home2.htm

Other interesting "OES" skaters in that group were Proyda (who can do a bielmann spin with her leg practically straight like a needle - amazing) and Marchei who had fantastic interpretation in her SP to "Cinderella" at Euros even though she completely bombed in the jump department.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
ITA Joe.

Joesitz said:
I'd still like to see it on TV. These gals are the next wave after 2006.

Joe

But since it seems for now we are destined to get VERY limited coverage of even the top skaters, I'm really starting to appreciate the ability to see a bit more over the net. Can't wait to get more of that all figured out.

DG