Quote of the Day - March | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - March

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 20th

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
-- Agatha Christie

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 21st

It is not conquest that claims the warrior to be a hero, but the goodness of his cause, and the use he makes of victory. ...it is not power, nor triumphs, nor extended empire, that entitle him to the name of Great, but the moderation, magnanimity, and justice of his reign.
Jane Porter

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 22nd

From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings.
-- Helen Hayes

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 23rd

We've removed the ceiling above our dreams. There are no more impossible dreams.
-- Libby Houston

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 24th

... it's simply wrong to always order [kids] to stop that fighting. There are times when one child is simply defending his rights and damned well should be fighting.
-- Erma Bombeck

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 25th

I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.
-- Jane Wagner

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 26th

Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill.
-- Barbara Tuchman

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 27th

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
-- Rita Mae Brown

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 28th

I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true.
-- Debi Thomas

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 29th

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
-- Mary Bertone

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 30th

We've got a generation now who were born with semiequality. They don't know how it was before, so they think, this isn't too bad. We're working. We have our attache' cases and our three piece suits. I get very disgusted with the younger generation of women. We had a torch to pass, and they are just sitting there. They don't realize it can be taken away. Things are going to have to get worse before they join in fighting the battle.
-- Erma Bombeck

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
March 31st

I like to help women help themselves, as that is, in my opinion, the best way to settle the woman question. Whatever we can do and do well we have a right to, and I don't think any one will deny us.
-- Louisa May Alcott

4dk - For those who wondered why there were so many quotes this month by women - March was International Women's Month.