Jr. Worlds on CBC | Golden Skate

Jr. Worlds on CBC

lotusland

On the Ice
Just saw an ad that said CBC will be broadcasting both the Four Continents and Jr. Worlds competitions on Saturday, March 5th begining at Noon EST. :clap:

That's good news for me. I missed the Four Continents coverage on ESPN last night because the satellite dish went out in a snowstorm. Living in Detroit, I can get CBC form Windsor.:agree:

Mathman

Hikaru

Final Flight
darn it I don't have that channel!! well, you will have to see it and tell it with all the details! :clap:

lotusland

On the Ice
Skate Canada has finaly put up the info on the broadcast:

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/jrworlds05/event/

To answer your question about what channel is CBC? CBC is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The location on your television dial depends where you live, for examle in Vancouver, B.C. it is Channel 3, in my area of Ontario I get it on Channel 16.

And yes, those U.S. folks near the Canadian boarder can pick it up ... so can those "rich" U.S. people who have Canadian satellite. :)

Last edited:

jayta

Rinkside
It's on at 11 for people in SK. I know that for sure.

I thought it was 12 for Eastern?

bleuchick

On the Ice
I had company over and couldn't really watch much of it nor follow the event all week. So, can someone kindly tell me:

1. Roseleen or anyone else who was there - did you see Meagan land a throw triple lutz? The reason why I am asking is because I read on another site that she was given credit for it yet no one has mentioned this "first in pair skating" in the reviews.

2. Tanith said that she is going for a dual citizenship but is still waiting. With spring/summer almost here, is she running out of time? :cry: In any case, she said that even if she does not go to the olympics, it is ok.

Last edited:

Peter_K

Rinkside
A huge thumbs down to the CBC coverage!!!

I was just going through the recording to remove commercials, etc and was really dissapointed with how they handled the men's free program.

Why did they spend over 20 minutes of air time chatting with Barb and Paul about issues having nothing to do with junior worlds and then only briefly showling highlights of Chris Mabee and Patrick Chan's free programs?

Likewise, I don't necessarily think the Tanith Belbin interview belonged here. The 4Cs coverage would have been a more appropriate place for it.

I guess it just bugs me that there was just _so_ much outstanding skating out there through the whole week, and all the mothercorp could afford to give us is a couple measly hours of air time for the whole thing.

Pitty. But I suppose it's better than nothing -- but not by much.

--Peter

jayta

Rinkside
That was my HUGE-EST PET PEEVE! CBC spent 1hr 10 min with the camera on a whatever his face is, introducing and talking about other sports when they could have possibly shown the short programs for singles/pairs or the OD for the dance! And then they go after they jip us with crappy coverage of the long programs for each event, have Barb and Paul yapping it up.

Don't get me wrong, I love U&M, but in lieu of the figure skating coverage? :mad:

Soooooooo dumb! I definitely left a scathing email to them. I think others should do the same!!!!!

No one will change it if we don't comment on it. Plus I'm still upset that no one broadcasts the CDs anymore :cry:

jp1andonly

Rinkside
UMMMMM..because the mens freeskate was LIVE when they were broadcasting and Chris and Patrick finished skating at the end of the broadcast..... The final group of men did not happen until after the broadcast

Peter_K said:
A huge thumbs down to the CBC coverage!!!

I was just going through the recording to remove commercials, etc and was really dissapointed with how they handled the men's free program.

Why did they spend over 20 minutes of air time chatting with Barb and Paul about issues having nothing to do with junior worlds and then only briefly showling highlights of Chris Mabee and Patrick Chan's free programs?

Likewise, I don't necessarily think the Tanith Belbin interview belonged here. The 4Cs coverage would have been a more appropriate place for it.

I guess it just bugs me that there was just _so_ much outstanding skating out there through the whole week, and all the mothercorp could afford to give us is a couple measly hours of air time for the whole thing.

Pitty. But I suppose it's better than nothing -- but not by much.

--Peter

Peter_K

Rinkside
jp1andonly said:
UMMMMM..because the mens freeskate was LIVE when they were broadcasting and Chris and Patrick finished skating at the end of the broadcast..... The final group of men did not happen until after the broadcast

Ummmmm well actually, Chris and Patrick were in the second last flight which ended at around 3:40.

The final group of men, which Chris and Patrick were not part of, didn't start until 3:51.

I was there.

--Peter